Posted: 17 years ago
i m back.. 😆 k umm i procastinate a lot..like i can never get myself to study or do hw or whatever.i keep putting it off ..n i keep telling my self that "i will do it tomorrow" and that tomorrow never comes lolz .its affecting my grades   
another prob is that i have a very very very short attention span..everyone tells me that. i can't concentrate in class or at home when i am studying.like in class for example i will listen to teacher for first 20 mins n then i will get bored (anyone would if they had my teachers) n start chatting or playing hang man with my friends ..or just doodle 😕 at home too like today i told my self was gonna work on m project so i came online ..researched for like 10 min and then i logged here n started browsing i-f..and started chatting on msn..and my works still not done

ahhh can anyone please help?lolz i was never like that..its just this year that i have started procrastinating..n cant pay attention.
hi

well my suggestion is to listen to music while doing ur homework...like that you wont get bored and u will be still doing ur work...it works 4 me!!...and at school have ur headphones if u can...if you cant just listen 2 the teacher 4 like 10 mins...understand the work then just get on...thats wat i do cos nearly all my teachers talk through out most of the lesson...its soooo boring!!

yeeshika
omg i have the same problem!!! just cant bring myself to do any work! so ill be usin the advice given too! 😉

music...it works! yet a lot of the time i start dancing or singin and so, i get lost in the musical world 😆
i have the same problem... but i also have a solution.. you need to think to yourself.. and ask yourself what is important in life to you? and how important school is.. and set goals for yourself.. you dont want to procrastinate.. but you continue to do it, ask yourself why?? Don't lose focus because school is very important.. when you start dozing off think about that stuff.. try to make school interesting... maybe study in small groups.. what are you studying by the way?
Well the best way is to focus ur attention to your studies. When u feel urself diverting attention to other things, bring it back to our studies. I know thats hard but its the only way. Also if u dunt understand anything or lose attention in the middle of the lecture, go to the teacher in break and ask her to tell u whatever u missed out or didnt understand or ask ur classmates for notes. I know its hard to pay attention in class with boring teachers and there are sum things which we can afford to miss but not all. 😊
kali_aankein i m in grade 9..
and lol it feels good to know that i m not the only one with this problem.
thanx guyz for ur advice..i am sure it will help 😃
That's not a problem, you just need to learn how to keep your attention and focus.

Even studies have shown that if you take breaks while studying then you remember much more and for much longer.

So, my advice for short attention span is that do your homework for like an hour or half and then go off and watch TV or have snacks for a few minutes and then come back to your work. Repeat the cycle until you finish your homework.

For procrastinating, I  think it's just necessary to realize that that 'tomorrow' never comes so might as well make it a 'today'

Say to yourself that if I get it done now, I'll have less stress for tomorrow and one thing off my mind. And sit down and finish it. You might have to drag yourself for the first few times but after a while you'll get into habit of it. 😳
Originally posted by -Pinky-

kali_aankein i m in grade 9..
and lol it feels good to know that i m not the only one with this problem.
thanx guyz for ur advice..i am sure it will help 😃

I am in grade 12.. you'll fix this problem by then.. just remember to focus because this is an important time in your life and if you do your homework you'll enjoy school more. good luck!

Suhaani
Nahi yaar hw ke bigar skool is more fun!! I liked getting punished!! 😆 But i dont bec i do the hw usually.. 😭 😆
Wow I have the same problem, ok will having a short attention expanse isn't really our faults, will for one in school when I get bored of the teacher my attention drifts away I use to start passing notes at my friends and stuff until my teachers switched my seat so I'm not sitting with my friends so no distractions but still I end up not paying attention, but I try. And at home what I do use go to a room where I have absolute nothing to do in the room, like no music, TV, computer, etc. so when I do drift off I have nothing to do but go back to work, but I do take brakes and leave the room for a few minutes and then come back. 😃