Fashion and Beauty

* Discussion of the Week: Hair Styles *

gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 17 years ago

Hi FnB-ians,

Last week, we discussed the quality of make-up as our first discussion of the week. We got alot of responses which is good sign 😊

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This week, we bring to you another great topic which has a great impact on ones personality.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hairstyles often change ones looks and personality in many ways. Is this statement true?

Other discussion questions:

1. Do you find that hairstyles change ones image? how?
  2. Is playing around with your hair and adding chemicals to it a good idea?
  3. Do you try multiple hairstyles?
  4. Do you do something different each day or the same and change once in while?
  5. Is your hair short, long or medium? Is is hard to do hairstyles with it?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well friends, this is all for this weeks discussion of the week. Any other comments are welcome! Please keep in mind IF's COC😊

~ Fashion & Beauty Dev. Team ~

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Star_on_earth thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Hairstyles often change ones looks and personality in many ways. Is this statement true?

Ya its very much true… a change in hairstyle can change ur entire personality… it gives u a lot more confidence besides jus a change in ur looks….

1.      Do you find that hairstyles change ones image? how?

Yes it does…

2.      Is playing around with your hair and adding chemicals to it a good idea?

Not really….. the less chemicals u use…. the better it is for ur hair…

3.      Do you try multiple hairstyles?

Ya sometimes when I m goin out…..

4.      Do you do something different each day or the same and change once in while?

I change once in a while…but mostly it's the same

5.      Is your hair short, long or medium? Is is hard to do hairstyles with it?

Medium.. yes its very hard for me to get a good hairstyle…  

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well friends, this is all for this weeks discussion of the week. Any other comments are welcome! Please keep in mind IF's COC

thanks…. I ve jus come to this side of IF… n it really looks nice… n very useful...😃😃

Edited by Star_on_earth - 17 years ago
kitty468 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: gk_09

Hi FnB-ians,

Last week, we discussed the quality of make-up as our first discussion of the week. We got alot of responses which is good sign 😊

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This week, we bring to you another great topic which has a great impact on ones personality.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

2. yes it does to quite an extent, it takes a long time for you n others to get used to it. sum hairstyles go with your personality. like a crop cut suits few people, and for a change drastic hairstyles does change your outlook. 
  3. Is playing around with your hair and adding chemicals to it a good idea?
  4. you should not put too much like on a regular basis like mousse n serums. even colouring your hair or straightening it. but once in a while for a special occasions or if ur job expects of it. 
  5. Do you try multiple hairstyles?
  6. variety if a spice of life, in school i used to do all kinds of styles, my sis was an expert it in inventing all kinds, esp wen u have to tie them up.  if u hasve seen lizze mcguire- they had crazy styles each day.used to wen i was really young😆😆 
  7. Do you do something different each day or the same and change once in while?
  8. hmm... generally due to heat i tie it to a high pony, but i generally i change it according to my clothes. 
  9. Is your hair short, long or medium? Is is hard to do hairstyles with it?
  10. its medium now, so there r lots to do with it. basically i luv looking into the mirror n wasting time. ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜† before it was long n i cud only leave it open or braid it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well friends, this is all for this weeks discussion of the week. Any other comments are welcome! Please keep in mind IF's COC😊

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

miss5stars thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

it changes LOOKs but NOT personality... looksss in which u may look more prettier wit a new hair style n ur personality SHUDNT CHANGE...it stays the same !

Do you find that hairstyles change ones image? how?
    yah it doessssss.....u get anthor image u get prettier or worser.. u get a total different balancee..hehe
    Is playing around with your hair and adding chemicals to it a good idea?
    well itz NOT a gud idea.. but i do it newayzz.. hehe i kno tht u shudnt apply lots of gel or moossee or stiaghten becuz it will damage ur hair but i do it a lot.. like atleast 3 times a week
    Do you try multiple hairstyles?
    i try 2 see which i like bestt but sumtimes itss hard 2 do coz u rly dont kno..
    Do you do something different each day or the same and change once in while?
    ususally its down or in a pony tail hehe
    Is your hair short, long or medium? Is is hard to do hairstyles with it?
  1. medium nd yes it is hard.. omg it pisses me off when sumtimes i cant make it lol

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Great DOTW again!!

Yeah totally true!! i think every woman's khoobsurthi ka raaz is beautiful hair! a change in hairstyle can change the entire look/personality!!!

1.      Do you find that hairstyles change ones image? how?

Yes! with a particular hairstyle you can create a diff image for yourself, trendy/stylish, casual, wild, sensational etc😉

2.      Is playing around with your hair and adding chemicals to it a good idea?

Not a good idea,some can damage your hair easily!!

3.      Do you try multiple hairstyles?

well, mostly i use the "layers style" 

4.      Do you do something different each day or the same and change once in while?

I change my hairtul fter 3 months, when my hair has grown a lot and becomes stiff or what

5.      Is your hair short, long or medium? Is is hard to do hairstyles with it?

Medium.. and i can get diff hairstyles easily😉…  

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Love,

Gracella😛

meghavi thumbnail

I don't think a hairstyle can change a person's personality.  I think saying that, is giving too much power to hairstyles.😛😆

changing your hairstyle, sometimes changes the way you look, making you look different (hopefully, in a good way 😳).  It changes your image, because it makes u look diffrent...such as more prettier.

'adding chemicals to it' haha…makes it seem like using any hair products is really bad.  Well yes, if you use TOOO many hair products and if you use lots of it everyday, then you're hairs gonna get really damaged…but I think it's all okay, if you use it to a limit.

yah.. sure.  Well ..I try diff stuff, but I don't go crazy.

Sometimes I curl it, sometimes…I put hair buckles and clips..and hair bands..and once I even did pigtails to school (but not for the whole day 😳)…but usually I don't.  Usually I just leave it out.  Like.. at least once a week, I do something.. but usually I just leave it out.

My hair is a lil past my shoulders. 😊

*dels* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Yes, its true! It changes ones look for sure and to some extent their personality too. When i try different hairstyles, my sister comments on it saying you look innocent which your not, you look over-confident, you look like a business woman and so on. Some of her coments actually boost me up. This really made me wonder whether hairstyles have an impact and i came to a conclusion that they do!

Yeh they do! Whenever i have visited a company, i have seen most of the women having their hair in a bun or a very neat pony tail and they look very formal. This makes them look like someone who can carry out responsibilites of the company and the employees.

Not a good idea, but still i use chemicals and frequent straightening of my hair is killing my hair and mom is after me telling to avoid straightening.  I think everyone wants to look good and so no one cares or thinks about the long term effects of all these use of chemicals, straightening etc  as short term effects of these are pretty good.

Yes

Change once in a while

Medium, it was a bit hard though to straight as my hair is thick but after continuous straightening, it's fine now.

Edited by *dels* - 17 years ago
ajeebhotum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

i think it is because ppl look ate your face first...and your hair aswell...and the way you wear your hair impacts your looks

like i said in the statement above...thats how it impacts your looks😊

1. Is playing around with your hair and adding chemicals to it a good idea?

i completly disagree with poeple who think that putting chemicals in ur hair is a good thing beacuse it can turn your hair really rough.

1. Do you try multiple hairstyles?

not really...my hair is naturally wavy..not straight an not really curly either..sometimes i straigten it and sometimes i curl it...but ususally, i just leave it😃

1. Do you do something different each day or the same and change once in while?

i change once in awhile..when i feel different, i do something with it😛

1. Is your hair short, long or medium? Is is hard to do hairstyles with it?

my hair is medium length..not really..i think short hair would be the hardest because you couldn't really do much with it😃

thnxx for the wonderful discussion Gurps😊...really nice questions!😊

Reema_J thumbnail

I definitely believe that a good hairstyle can make someone look more presentable but, I don't think it really changes one's personality!

Yes, definitely! It makes a huge difference when someone is sporting a style that suits them than when they're sporting one that does not! I think a good, presentable hairstyle is a 'must' for everyone!

I really don't think it is, it's very damaging to the hair!

On a daily basis, I try a few simple looks, sometimes I leave my hair the way it is after it's air dried, other days I'll blow dry it for a more styled look, and very rarely I'll straighten it for a sleeker look (my hair is already straight so not a lot of work on that, at all)!  What I've been doing most these days to have a look separate from the usual straight is I'll curl or scrunch my hair, it takes my like two minutes and looks fabulous!

I guess I just answered this question above! Hehe!

I consider it a "medium-long" length! 😕 Some people think it's long, I don't think it's quite there yet! It's a lil' below mid-back!  I don't find it difficult to manage my hair, thank God! It's quick and simple, I always have the look I want within 5 minutes!

lilyrosey thumbnail

I don't think it can change your personality but definitely it may change your looks and make you feel better.

Changing your hairstyle can make you look nicer and prettier depending on the hairstyle.

I would never add chemicals to my hair, just the usual shampoo and conditioner is good for my hair, or hair spray but thats it.

Ya sometimes, but not crazy ones.

I don't change my hair that much, sometimes I curl, keep it straight or put it up, unless its some special occasion I might go in for a special style.

My hair is medium long and its extremely silky and straight, its hard to curl it as I would have to use a lot of hairspray to keep the curls in place.