Harry Potter

DAN RADCLIFFE INTERVIEW

-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 19 years ago
AC: I received the DVD last night and it was very exciting to go through the material on the disc.

RG: The special features, they are really good.

DR: I got it yesterday, yes, though I havent watched the film, I just had a little bit of time to look at the extras.

AC: First of all you can see the film. We have worked very hard on it and we are very proud of it. Michael Seresin, the cinematographer and myself have worked very hard trying to get the textures into the video format.

EW: The special features are absolutely brilliant, and there is a game, where you have to catch a rat. I am Crookshanks, trying to get the rat. I cant do it, but its very good.

RG: Yes, there are games on it and its really really, its a lot on it, to catch Scabbers, its really cool.

EW: Theres behind the scenes and little scenes, interviews, great background stuff, a look around Hogwarts, and its brilliant, really really good.

AC: For the first time ever in the Harry Potter DVDs you can look behind the scenes. In the past, and that was right, they wouldnt show the process of getting to see the creatures, because it was about taking away the magic, but after two Harry Potters, I think that its time now. You can see how the movements of the Dementors and how the Hippogriff was created. Everybody knows that a Hippogriff doesnt exist and the filmmakers manage to create one somehow. And here you can see how this process is going on, from the idea until you have these creatures together with the children.

EW: (laughs) I havent watched the old DVDs, I have just tried the extra features, they are pretty cool.

RG: I have seen them once, but after the premiere you can see them all the time even on TV. We were a lot younger then, so its quite funny to see it back.

DR: I think I will watch them, when all films are finished, so I wont get distracted by the way I was like then, because that would be just really weird.

RG: When you look back it was a long time, because when I began, I was 11 years old, and now I am 16.

EW: The weirdest thing that ever happened to me? Um, probably when a guy wanted me to sign an autograph on a 50 pound note. I said I can go and fetch a piece of paper, but he said, no no no, I want it on the 50 pound note, and I was like, okay.

RG: Its quite weird, I get recognized, but thats the same for all of us, thats weird, but nothing has changed really, its just there.

AC: Ever since it was released that year, after the premiere we had promotion tours and travelled everywhere and then I was trying to call back my old life. You see your family quite rarely. So how my life has changed is, that my baby is older and I am expecting a new baby. I am actually looking forward to see the kids again. I hope Michael Seresin, the cinematographer is there, so I can ask him how its going with the fourth. I am sure he is doing great.

RG: Yeah, I am looking forward to meeting Alfonso. We had so much fun on the set. Its great to see him again.

AC: I sent Daniel a book about Rock'n'Roll, because he is interested in it. Then he has written a letter to me, like telling me funny things about it. Theyve been working very hard, I was in the USA and Mexico, so communication is not so easy, but tonight I am going to see them and I am looking forward to see them.

RG: Yes, Ive got some DVDs.

DR: Ive got quite a lot of movies on DVD and videos and anything.

AC: Im travelling a lot, so it wasnt worth buying DVDs, but now, since I settle, the first thing is, that my house is getting filled with these DVDs.

DR: I got Dr. Strangelove.

RG: Last night I watched Shrek 2, really nice.

DR: I like kind of surreal films, because they are just bizarre, and thats why I like Dr. Strangelove, so I just really like it. I find it very funny actually. I just got the new album of Interpol and the single collection of the Super Furry Animals, which is also very good. These are these two things I am listening probably at the most.

Voiceover: Its probably the hottest rumour on the internet, that Jarvis Cocker will write the soundtrack for the fourth movie. The singer is already looking like Harry Potter at the age of 40 years now, and a small guest appearance is under discussion.

DR: Ive been aware of that rumour, but actually I havent met him or heard more about it. Its just a rumour, but it would be great if he did it, but I dont know.

EW: We started shooting in June and will finish it in April – so a little bit is left.

RG: We are in the middle, and its gone really well.

EW: We have a new director, called Mike Newell, who directed 4 Weddings And A Funeral, which is one of my favourites. He is brilliant. Its a brilliant script, and I am really excited about this one.

AC: The thing is, I know that Mike Newell is directing the fourth one and he is one of my favourite directors. And I know that the kids really love Mike and they are enjoying the experience, so its really good.

EW: Today and the last week, I had dancing lessons for the ball, I am learning the waltz, foxtrot, tango and that kind of stuff and I am having a really good time.

DR: Alfonso directed a dark film, the fourth is going to be even darker, like the book is, and Mike is going further with that, and so I think he will be kind of - be just evolving, um - what Alfonso did.

RG: Its gonna be a little bit scary.

EW: The amount of time when you really can be shooting is 4 hours a day and 3 hours for schoolwork, to five hours maximum.

DR: It was only yesterday somebody pointed out to me that Christmas is really really coming nearer. So when you are filming all day long, you forget the time, it kind of goes into a blur, I've just realized that Christmas is quite soon, so I even havent made my list really.

EW: I dont know really. I like surprises. Whatever Santa Claus brings to me.

RG: I just started playing golf. So a golf cart would be really cool.

AC: I guess, I wish these typical things like peace in the world and stuff like that.

RG: At first I thought, golf was for old people, but its really good fun.

EW: How I will celebrate Christmas?

AC: Same old way of meeting, gathering with the family, to watch the excited children. The next morning when you are a little hung over and the kids wake you up early in the morning with their gifts.

EW: Friends and family, thats Christmas, definitely.

RG: Just with the family and when Father Christmas comes.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Morgoth thumbnail
Thanks Misha...These ppl are changing directors like socks.😆
KK_lassi thumbnail
Thanks Misha for  this interview. Well, Emma is certainly Hermoinee in the muggle form!
nandiinii thumbnail

kk_lassi said:

Thanks Misha for  this interview. Well, Emma is certainly Hermoinee in the muggle form!

same 2 say here!!😉

*Anjali* thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: MysticaMagic

Thanks Misha...These ppl are changing directors like socks.😆

the way normal people change their socks, Mystica, or the way Dobby does? 😉 

Morgoth thumbnail

Definitely Dobby...On one foot a grey sock ...on the other one a sock with a design of SPEW. (Ok...i just made that one up!)😆