Paranormal

DOTW: Evil!

sanya_s thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

What is evil or sin?

Are men innately evil, or do circumstances make them evil???

I hope the question didnt seem too freaky!

Edited by Tearrops - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tearðrops thumbnail
I think evil is conciously doing undersirable or morally bad acts in order to cause pain or harm to someone or something.

I don't believe anyone is born evil, more that society is what makes people evil and how they perceive society ie. if they don't care about others around them. Typical characterisitics of someone who causes evil in society, is that of Greed, Selfishness, inability to care about the feelings of others.
datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I think evil is inborn, just like love is. It's the opposite of loving and since everything in this owlrd has opposites, so does love.

Evilenss grows with societal influence, but it definitely inborn! everyone has a pinch of evilness, its whetehr you control it or not that it boils down to in the end!
TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I feel being Evil is like thinking and doing bad things, with the purpose to harm/destroy something or someone!🀒

Sin is like doing something which is not allowed/against all rules, in hindi: PAAP, right? πŸ˜‰

I actually think that some people are just born Evil, and others are becoming evil by certain circumstances.

LOve,

GracellaπŸ˜›

sanya_s thumbnail
I just wanted to add a thought 😊 . Have any of u seen Dead Man Walking? It has excellent performances by Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon. Well, it is based on a true story.

http://www.reelviews.net/movies/d/dead_man.html

Well, in that we see Mathew Poncelot is a murderer, in one glance he is evil incarnate, but beneath all of it, he is just another frightened man trying to fit in in this world. Even I dont exactly know wat I am trying to come at, 😳 , but I think its circumstances which create evil.

Often we feel like we are not in full control of our lives, we do things which often we didnt mean to! I believe that society puts so much pressure on us to fit into its stereotypes, and if we dont,they reject us, I know we make society, we are 'the society' but somehow we are always trying to fit into it.

OK I am not making any sense to myself.

I am bursting with a lot of questions, I'll sort out everything and come back later and write more clearly hopefully 😊 .

One more thing, we all do a lllllot of things wrongly and badly,we hurt a lot of people, but often unintentionally, does that qualify as sin?