Welcome to my city....:)

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Use this topic to describe the city  you live in. As a resident you are aware of many small things that no tourist knows. Briefly tell us the speciality of your neighborhood etc...

I stay in none other than Garden city of india, Bangalore! Recently renamed Bengalooru for reasons i just fail to understand, it is one of the cosmopolitan cities of India!!! We're getting the metro soon and it's coming up quick with much anticipation from all! If you visit, you MUST see the Vishveshwaraya science museum and the Iskcon temple! Malls to visit are The Forum (Koramangala), Garuda mall, Bangalore central, Sigma mall, and some select others! If you're staying in a hotel, you could choose The Oberoi, Taj West End or Leela Palace (5 star), The Royal Orchid (3 star) or any other hotels around the Majestic Circle!

Shopping is best at Commercial Street, MG Road, Brigade road and Marathalli... Great places to eat would be Rice Bowl (chinese), Little Italy (Italian), South Indies (South Indian), Paparazzi (continental), Ebony (European) and others. Another thing you must visit, is me.

~~~***BHOPAL***~~~

natural scene - bhopal City Lake viewHistorical building on lake side- bhopal

BHOPAL : Also known as "city of lakes".its a green city with much much less polution as compared to other cities of india.it was established by  RAJA BHOJ PAL  who ruled it for his lifetime.the name was then changed to "BHOPAL" from "bhojpal"[the name before] .there are many places to visit like : old forts,lake-view,bheem tekri,shalkanpur,hanuman tekri,tajul masjid[asia,s biggest mosque]etc.

Biggest Fact : In the lake of Bhopal ,the Palace of "Rani-Kamlapati" is submerged under the water of lake locked with a large-sized iron locks.The TREASURES of Rani-Kamlapati are still in the the palace itself.many years before the Govt. called the experts from japan so as to get out the treasures in the palace,as we dont have sufficient techniques for that.the japanese experts were ready for the missin -treasure,but on the condition of keeping all the treasures with them.our govt refused to accept such condition.and since then its undiscovered.

NOTE-even in bhopal itself many people are totally unknown n unaware of this fact!!! in the 3rd pic you can see a very distant part of palace a little submerged in water.

Edited by friend_125 - 16 years ago

Originally posted by Naughty_n_nice

I stay in none other than Garden city of india, Bangalore! Recently renamed Bengalooru for reasons i just fail to understand, it is one of the cosmopolitan cities of India!!! We're getting the metro soon and it's coming up quick with much anticipation from all! If you visit, you MUST see the Vishveshwaraya science museum and the Iskcon temple! Malls to visit are The Forum (Koramangala), Garuda mall, Bangalore central, Sigma mall, and some select others! If you're staying in a hotel, you could choose The Oberoi, Taj West End or Leela Palace (5 star), The Royal Orchid (3 star) or any other hotels around the Majestic Circle!

Shopping is best at Commercial Street, MG Road, Brigade road and Marathalli... Great places to eat would be Rice Bowl (chinese), Little Italy (Italian), South Indies (South Indian), Paparazzi (continental), Ebony (European) and others. Another thing you must visit, is me.

Wow!! I'm from Bangalore too. Where do you live?