MMW Articles Archives-No Comments

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Mohalla Mohabatt Wala Articles Archives

This thread will contain articles related to the show & actors of Mohalla Mohabatt Wala.

Note:Please donot post any comments in this thread.

Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 16 years ago
Shweta Keswani springs back to action!

There was a time when Shweta Keswani was enjoying a good spell on the small screen, doing meaty roles and suddenly she was left dry with anchoring, finally leaving her to take a sabbatical. But now this sexy Sindhi has decided to pull up her socks and how!

She has taken up two shows - Star's Ba Bahu aur Baby and SAB's Mohalla Mohabatt Wala. In the former she essays a traditional cute Sindhi gal and in the latter, a leading role of an ultra hep loving girl, for whom all the mohalla guys have the hots for. "The best part about doing both these shows is the total contrast in characterisation, "says an excited Shweta.

It was speculated some time back that she has bid adieu to television in lieu of films. What about that buzz? "I want to make it clear. I will never quit television. Even the so called break we were discussing was due to my show, Arranged Marriage on Star Plus which never took off. Nobody can ignore the idiot box these days, the industry is flourishing and it's
big money," is her take.

This actor with a few films (Jack Pot, Chor Mandali, and Love in
Nepal) in her kitty is very furious with the way television actors are discriminated when it comes to Bollywood. "It's totally biased. When film stars (Big B, SRK, Poonam Dhillon, Chunky Pandey, Rati Agnithotri…) do television, its is okay, but when we wish to get into their territory, we are pulled down. The length of your role is always under the scanner. It's just because of this attitude, that, I prefer off beat cinema to main stream, at least there I am given a decent chance," explains Keswani. She continues in the same breath, "Why are we given only one choice, TV or cinema? We are actors and should be free to play around with all mediums. Why can't it be like Hollywood where
Jennifer Aniston can easily dabble with both TV and films?"

Nevertheless, Shweta has enough reason to revel in the happiness of her re-kindled career.

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k7/mar/30mar/news_sweta.php

Aryan bana writer!
   By: Tushar Joshi
   April 7, 2007

For quite some time now, there has been a buzz that Aryan Vaid has signed on a television show.

However, the actor refutes this, "I've been getting loads of offers from various production houses, but I am not keen on acting in a daily show at the moment."

An avid reader, Aryan says he now wants to script shows.

"I have scripted plays before and writing is one of my passions. I actually want to extend that area of creativity and get into some serious stuff," he reveals.

In fact, Aryan even got an offer to write a few episodes for SAB's Mohalla Mohhabatwalla recently.

"They are very serious and have even sent me a character sketch and a draft of the script. We are currently talking about the details.

It's always interesting to try new things and discover new talents," he says. Post Bigg Boss, Aryan has been busy with ad films and fashion shoots. Recently, he even declined a role from Balaji.

Says Aryan, "I was offered a role in Karam Apna Apna but like I said earlier, I don't want to do television right now. But I told them that I would love to write for the show if possible, but no one gotten back to me yet."

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/april/154921.htm

Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 16 years ago
Swetta does the Salsa
   By: Tushar Joshi
   April 17, 2007

Keswani has been practising the dance for four hours everyday for a new role in SAB's Mohalla Mohabattwala

Shimmy And Shake: Swetta Keswani

Swetta Keswani loves to move and shake. A trained Kathak dancer, Keswani is now learning how to Salsa. Talking about her new love, she says, "I play a Salsa instructor in Mohalla Mohabattwala on SAB.

For this particular role, I needed to learn the dance form and make sure I do all the moves well enough to make it look authentic."

Choreographer Uma Shankar, who has earlier taught Swetta Jazz dancing, is now teaching her Salsa. "I work with him three to four hours every day. It's quite intense and very tiring.

The basic requirement of Salsa is that you have good body posture. Your leg and calf muscles have to be worked on. It definitely isn't as easy as it looks," she says.

The most difficult part for Swetta is the lifts and the drops. "On the show, I will be dancing with the four lead actors and each of them will have different steps.

My character's name is Juhi and she makes her entry on the show at the end of this month. I am excited about this role because the treatment of my look will change each time I dance a different guy."

Stool salsa

When asked if her beau Alex also enjoys Salsa, she says, "I will need to use a stool to do the salsa with him! I think he would rather sit and watch me dance!"

Apart from Mohalla Mohabattwala, Swetta is also working in Baa Bahoo aur Baby. "These days, my hands are full with TV shows.

There was a period when I had lot of free time on hand. However, I am not complaining. The only thing I miss is catching up on new movies and attending premieres."

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/april/155591.htm

Edited by monika.goel - 16 years ago

SAB phir se  

Butt kya? Priyanka Bassi and Vikas Manaktala

Back to black: Manasi Parekh

Long time no see: Rupa Ganguly

With the World Cup tamasha over, SAB is back to being a soapy channel.

Monday night, the channel threw a bash at a suburban hotel to launch two new shows, Love Story and 4, besides the new season of Left Right Left and Mohalla Mohabbatwala.

Spotted making merry were the cast and crew of all the shows, including director Anurag Basu, Harsh Chhaya, Rupa Ganguly, Manasi Parekh, Gaurav Chopraa, Vikas Manaktala, Priyanka Bassi, Kunal Kapoor, Aparna Tilak, Varun Badola and Svetta Keswani, among others.

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/may/156505.htm

Marriage's on hold for Sweta

Sweta Keswani has had no time after the break that she took from tellydom some time ago. Now the lady's back in action with Mohalla Mohabbatwala on SAB TV. But what about marriage plans? Sweta had got engaged some time ago to her firang boyfriend Alex O'Neil. "Well, marriage is on hold for the time being," she replies. Seems like Sweta's sure her man won't run away while she's running around trees in her serial!