Virginia Tech rampage - Condolences

Posted: 16 years ago

All,

I am starting this thread for us all to express our feeling on this incident. Since i live in virginia though a fw hours drive from blacksburg i can feel ther impact closely since some of my colleague's family and friend go to school here.
This is really an unfortunate incident and i strongly condemn the bad elements here.Lets all pray for all the deceased...
From what i have heard an indian professor has been identified as a victim in this incident.
Prof. GV Loganathan is from coimbatore survived by wife and two daughters.
http://www.vwrrc.vt.edu/sdwi/loganathan_profile.asp
Another Indian student Minal Panchal has also been identified.

Lets play that their souls rest in peace and may God give them their family the mental strength at this time.

Madhu

this incident has been bothering me very much & has pretty much spoiled my mood the instant i heard it. it's a shame & pity that so many innocent lives were lost at a hands of a madman who doesn't even know the value of a human life.😭😭 my deepest condolences & sympathy for all those affected. my heart goes out to you all & hope you all will find the strength to move on with your lives!

~leena

Madu I too felt very sad to read about this incident. I too have a friend who stays in Blackburn. I have sent her an e-mail.
I too pray for all the departed innocent souls.
Very Sad to read about that..My Deepest Condolences for the affected. 😭 😭
Roja has also opened a thread about the Virginia Tech incident.

Like everyone I too am saddened about the incident and join all of you in the prayers for the victims and their families in this timeof need.

Pat
Madhu, I started a thread for the same topic just 10 mins before u did. This incident has affected me badly - it is painful to loose lives, that too young lives like this. I have requested Atina to close my thread and merge it to yours. Incidents like this wakes us up with a jerk. where are we heading?? My sympathies and prayers are with the families of victims. God bless.
I am pretty much in a bad mood...a colleague of mine had her daughter there and my colleague has been narrating the turn of events and gosh thats horrible. FOr you guys outside US, this college is in a town and the town pretty much revolved around the college events only...you can say even that its a village.

ROja..i happened to see your thread after i posted mine...else i would have posted my message in yours. Anyways thank you!
Edited by madumithas - 16 years ago
This is terrible and very unfortunate. Where are we heading to? If you don't feel safe in a school, where else will you be?

My heart felt condolences to all families affected by this incident.

Gunman identified:
http://www.latimes.com/la-na-main18apr18,0,5650736,full.stor y

This is one horrible incident. So, sad for those who got affected. Even schools are not so safe to go or send your kids. My deepest condolenses to all the victims and their family. I pray for all their souls to rest, and for the family members to survive this tragedy.
I lived in Washington DC five years ago when a sniper on the loose terrorised the greater Washington area. For nearly a month, we were hesitant to go to the grocery stores or even to get out of the car to fill the petrol tank. Having been through that trauma, I can understand how the victims of Virginia Tech must have felt in their final hours. May their souls rest in peace and may God give their families the strength they need in this difficult period. I also hope the loss of 30 odd lives will make Americans realise the dire need to tighten their gun control laws. Edited by Bonheur - 16 years ago