God answers our prayers! When? Your views

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Hey Yaaron,

well i was wondering, we all know that there is a saying:

"Bhakti mein hai shakti" and people are used to say: " Pray to god and your prayers will be answered"

So what do we have to do to pray in such way that our prayers are answered??

• What does matter the most?? The sincerity or emotion of the prayer? or how desperate the prayer is? or Does it depend on how long the prayer is?

• Will the prayer be answered sooner if you are praying on behalf of somebody else?

These are things which kept me wondering....

What are your views and experiences? Are your prayers mostly answered by God? Why not sharing here with everyone?

Hope to see many commentsπŸ˜‰

Love,

Gracella

Gracella, awesome topic as usual. Have read all your posts and they indeed make one sit back and think! 😊

Well as for the prayers, I have always believed BHaggu Ji(God as I refer to him, my friend) listens and answers all our prayers, its jus that the answer is either a yes or no. No prayer ever goes unanswered.

Called it a naivity of sorts, but I have always believed that if I asked for something and I didnt get it, well , I was never meant to get it. Not that I really have asked, I dont remember, I have always got much more than I thought deserved... and saying Thank you is the only thing that strikes me when I got into the prayer hall!

Also I believe its not the prayer that gets us what we want, but if we deserve to get it , we will and I speak from my own experinces, I have never asked for anything specific , but still I believe I have got a lot of more than I ever even thought of having and there in I see, I never prayed for these things, but I got them, andafter a lot of wondering why I did get them, it seemed to me, we all get what God thinks we are deserving of. We get what we deserve, nothing more , nothing less, irrespective of waht we wish and what we pray! And if we pray , and if it is indeed we deserve that acc to Bhaggu, then the answer is a Yes or else a No!😊

Sorry drifted off there, I believe all our prayers are answered , sometimes, the way we wish adn sometimes with a NO for an answer. Prayers are never unanswered by BHaggu Ji! 😊

Edited by sareeta - 16 years ago
thanx for the topic gracella 😊

So what do we have to do to pray in such way that our prayers are answered??
😊 we have to pray with faith and all our sincerity ....we shud keep in mind that even if we dont get wht we are asking for,,we will get soemthing better coz God surely hears us when we pray and will do wht is best for us...in other words we shud surrender ourselves in front of God while praying..and say that He knws wht we dont knwo so he shud grant us the wish if He thinks its gud for us....

What does matter the most?? The sincerity or emotion of the prayer? or how desperate the prayer is? or Does it depend on how long the prayer is?
😊 i think the sincerity and emotion of a prayer matters the most....

Will the prayer be answered sooner if you are praying on behalf of somebody else?
😊 i think it is regardless of who u are praying for...

These are things which kept me wondering...

What are your views and experiences?
😊 i think God listens to all those who join their hands in prayer and look to Him for everything...if u get wht u asked for means god lisetned to u and that thing was best for u..if u get it afetr soemtime means it will only be sweeter and better after the wait...and if u DONT get it means that in its place god will give u soemthing which u cant even imagine.....

Are your prayers mostly answered by God?
yes..as i said above...it may not be the very thing we asked for ,but i am sure God listens.and does the best for us....
Edited by missmhow - 16 years ago
ya.i beleive that our prayers are answered by god. god gives us indication in the form of our answers.

1--So what do we have to do to pray in such way that our prayers are answered??
--we shud just pray whole-heartedly in front of fire.coz fire[agni] is the thing that is the wittness of our prayer n us.therefore,in hinduism and christianity we burn the diya[mud made small bowls] and burn the candles and then pray to our god.fire is also called as AGNI-SAKSH [WITTNES] in hinduism. Fire takes our prayer to god.
so just pray whole-heartedly.by joining your hands as jindus n christians do.

2--What does matter the most?? The sincerity or emotion of the prayer? or how desperate the prayer is? or Does it depend on how long the prayer is?
----it does not depend on how long the prayer is.the thing that matters is-the sincerity n the emotion of our prayer.when someone really wishes for something or someone[but it shud not be something SELFISH or MATERIALISTIC] ,then he/she is very sicere in his/her prayer.n as i told sincerity n emotions matters the most to god.

3--Will the prayer be answered sooner if you are praying on behalf of somebody else?
--- i think i dint understand this questions exactly nclearly. but then also,what i understood am answering acorrding to dat.
when someone loves his loved ones really,then he asks god for their wishes to be true,rather than his wishes to be true.if the love is real for the loved ones then our wish is always this dat may our loved ones wishes may come true soon god.