* Discussion of the Week: Trends*

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

This weeks topic is non other "Recent Developed Trends"

Over the years, fashion has developed rapidly just like techonology. If we were to compare todays technology back hundreds years it wouldnt be the same. Thats the same for Fashionable Clothing. Here are ome questions regarding todays Fashion & Trends.

1. What does Fashion (meaning clothing) mean to you?
  2. Do you try to create your own trend or follow the new trend?
  3. Suppose you were a designer, what kind of style would like to create?(Please provide a picture if possible)
  4. Your favourite clothing/style?
  5. Do you wear Indian clothing? If yes, what do you like to wear(suits, sarres etc)?

Any other opnion questions and comments are welcome! Please remember IF COC while posting!

~ Fashion & Beauty Dev Team ~
(meghavi, gk_09 & *dels*)

What does Fashion (meaning clothing) mean to you?

Fashion to me means wearing something you like, and wearing something that you think looks good.

Do you try to create your own trend or follow the new trend?

Humm depends.  If I like the new trend, then I'll wear something from the new trend.  Wearing something from a new trend, doesn't mean you're following it.   

Suppose you were a designer, what kind of style would like to create?(Please provide a picture if possible)

Humm..well since summer's coming..I would create something summery.  I would choose a nice bright colour...and if I was to make something dressy and at the same time something for summr, then that dressy outfit would also be comfortable.

Your favourite clothing/style?

Humm..well I just usually wear what I like.  Currently though, I really like stripes!!

Do you wear Indian clothing? If yes, what do you like to wear(suits, sarres etc)?

Yep, I do wear Indian clothing.  I haven't ever worn a sari, yet hehe.

Ooooh! Lovely Gurprit! Brilliant discussion idea! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Hmmm... Fashion, to me is really what suits me, what I am comfortable in and what enhances my looks, etc. Its about my own fashion sense...

Create my own, for sure... I love putting my own outfit idea's together and admiring the overall effect! ๐Ÿ˜ณ Its fun going against what is considered "in" at that moment, yet still looking WOW and pulling it off! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Suppose you were a designer, what kind of style would like to create?(Please provide a picture if possible)

Hmm... I like fitting clothing, yet chic, so this style would definitely be incorporate into any design I may create. Ummm, cool colours, blues, greens, yellows, creams and whites. Fitting pants with airy tops or vice versa ๐Ÿ˜ƒ If I were a designer, I would create accesories matching an outfit. I know of too many ple who just cannot put accessories together. Accessories add so much to an outfit if added wisely!

Ummm... jeans and shirts, tops, etc! My "uniform"๐Ÿ˜† Casual chic is the aim.

Do you wear Indian clothing? If yes, what do you like to wear(suits, sarres etc)?

Yep, definitely! I wear S.Kameez quite often, but go Ghagra or Sari for weddings, functions, etc

Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by gk_09

it means wearing sumthing ur comfortable in...and bein confident & chic๐Ÿ˜ณ

both๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜›usually...follow the new trend..but i try makin outfits my own by adding sum "personal touches"๐Ÿ˜›

hmmm probably sumthing cute and girly...

tights with mini skirts๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ณi also love polka dots now๐Ÿ˜†

usually only wen i go to the temple and stuf... i wear suits but i wud love to wear a sari๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜›

Posted: 16 years ago
   1. What does Fashion (meaning clothing) mean to you?
i tend to see the lastest trend after a long time, by the time i buy it its gone, so i hate it. but fashion shows ur taste of of clothing, it brings out ur character. its a style statement.

2. Do you try to create your own trend or follow the new trend?
hmm...i live in my own world, i stick to tops and jeans dont bother too much. i got to a conservative college, so i try to be less eye catchy. but once im home i wear wat i plz. but wen its for salwar kurta, im alert and get the suit stitched according to the new trend in college. i know im not fashion conscious as much as my sis she goes for the latest and wears the best.(like the polka dot trend n ballerina shoes with dots)

3. Suppose you were a designer, what kind of style would like to create?(Please provide a picture if possible)

a trendy form of salwar suits, which people can wear on daily basis, like suits with spagetti straps, made of chiffon with hmm... i cant expalin now. ill try, with this flowy feel. ah like a gown but with chudidaars. i think priyanka has worn it in a movie.   

4. Your favourite clothing/style?
jeans,cargoes, pants with a casual top of my fav colour sky blue and red. nothing more.   

5. Do you wear Indian clothing? If yes, what do you like to wear(suits, sarres etc)?
yeah for college its kinda the dress code, salwar kameez,
since we r in 1st yr we r exempted but from next yr we have to. i dont mind becoz the students wear really pretty sets that i wud luv to wear them.