*dels* thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Hello Friends๐Ÿ˜›

It's me with the DOTW!

We have been discussing on different topics here and last week  we discussed on the reasons to why or when a friendship comes to an end.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/575664

This week, we will discuss something different. Not a topic but a Quote.

"Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship - never."
-Charles Caleb Colton

It's a very straightforward quote. I think it's sort of true...but what do you think?

Do you agree or disagree? Why?

Share any incidents that you know relating to it.

We would love to know what you think about it!

Have fun discussing!๐Ÿ˜›

LFDR Dev Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SAMYD thumbnail
Yes its true friendship can end in love but love in friendship never

Own personal experience
I met a guy in mumbai IY college at 18 yrs we went out for a year when I expressed my feelings for him he in return said we are "Just Friends" n wanted to continue going out with me.
But he loved someone since childhood his neighbour his 1st love. So I let go cause after letting him know I loved him I couldn't be "just a friend" to him. In the end he married the girl he loved.

Atleast he got his love but we couldn't be friends any more couldn't go any where near him cause he started dating that girl n bringing her to college on bike n I had to watch it. Its true friend can end..
CaLiiZ*DiiMe thumbnail
i think its very true cuz 2 ppl that r friends initially can end up loving each other ๐Ÿ˜›
but once they break up for watever reason i think its not very easy to pretend like nothin happened
like in my case if i were to break up with my loved one
i hope that never happens but if it does i dont think i will be able to bare seeing us as friends only
it would hurt
hawoo thumbnail
i agree with the quote....firndship can always turn into luv...but luv can never be frndship b/c 2 frnds dont share the same feeling of wat 2 luvers do...two friend can break it but two luvers are related from the hear...aur dil ke rishter bahout mushkil hote hai torne ke liye!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
*~Sapna~* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
yea...very true..
two friends can easily fall in love with each other...but two lovers...can never become friends after they breakup...its just too hard...
kal-el thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: *~Sapna~*

yea...very true..
two friends can easily fall in love with each other...but two lovers...can never become friends after they breakup...its just too hard...

i agree with sapna it easy for 2 friends to fall in love but if you split up you can never remain friends it will break your heart to see him/her with someone else๐Ÿ˜ญ thats life, good discussion dels

cool_pooja thumbnail
I love butterflies u have used in ur post!! They look really preety! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Do you agree or disagree? Why?
I agree with the quote completely. Friends can be lovers but lovers can never be friends. Once u have expereinced those mushy moments wid someone u can never see him as a frnd even if now u love someone1 else. However ur frnd can turn into ur lover bec wid him u share the understanding and trust more then u can even have wid ur bf/gf! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Share any incidents that you know relating to it.
I fell for my guy best friend.. However i can never see my ex-bf as my friend. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Teesha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Nice discussion!

I believe friendship can turn into love but not love into friendship...Its just too hard n uncomforting having to c ur loved one JUST as a friend...The way I c it, love crosses the boundaries friendship sets...Even though we r very close to our frends n share our secrets n feelings its our loved one we share our life with n it gets very uneasy to hav to go back...

In my case, we started to c each other for marriage but became frends at first n then fell in love...evrything was gud til one day he asked "can we just be friends" I was taken aback...sum ppl said to me its better to b his frend then to loose touch wid him but I thought I cud NEVER see him as my "friend" only cus no matter how much I force myself or do it for his happiness, in my eyes he wud ALWAYS b sumthing MORE than a "friend"...n doing it for his happiness only, I wud b betraying the meaning of frendship which is trust, becus even tho I'd say hes my frend I knew too well frm the depths of my heart he was MORE than a friend!

It's just very very very awkward n I hav to say the quote is 101% true! Edited by rajeev4aamna - 16 years ago