Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

Did I make a personal comment any member of past present and future of DM! No one is the representative of the past Dm,present DM Right! Cherishing the old does;nt mean bashing the present !Please don't unnecessarily crticize me for expressing my views! I was not the part of the classy debate period which I mentioned.It does not mean that I donot have any right to speak about the best Debating style! Appreciating others does'nt mean degrading some!

Wishes,

Mythili

You have a problem with the present way of debating, you know what made the 'golden era', well 'golden', so I ask you when you see that there's chatting going on or the debate is not to your liking why shouldn't you take the initiative to give the debate a new direction. If you can present an idea, you might see other members starting to debate on that and at the end we can all have a healthy discussion. That way noone is dissapointed. Think about it when does members start chatting or spamming, when the debate comes to a standstill and noone has anymore new ideas to present or they don't have much idea about a complex topic or when most of them don't relate with the topic posted. Where's the harm if you present that idea for them, and give them a new direction. And as I said we can always start fresh debates on topics which have been discussed earlier but are interesting, because interesting topics don't crop up everyday and are difficult to find.

Edited by souro - 17 years ago
sowmyaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: raksha.l

I have a doubt, which I thought I should share with you all...

1.Is it a good idea to dig the old threads and continue them from where we left or should we start afresh ?

I am guilty of digging old topics a couple of times when Anshuman posted the same topics in new threads...But come to think of it, its boring to continue the same old thread..Sometimes our thoughts could be mis lead too..

What are your opinions on this???

Cheers,
Raksha 😊

good question Raksha. it's tricky. I think it depends upon individual. If you would like to dig old topic and post in there and continue it's fine too. However, most of the time old members are not around to response and debate so it's not that much fun and also with old topics people do change their openion so it's nice to have new one started as per my openion. But if someone would like to bring the old topic back it's fine too. I don't think it's that big of a deal πŸ˜›

These are my views which I don't regret in expressing becuase I don't intend to hurt anyone and I'm not here to please anyone!

You don't need to please anyone but if you know the "golden era" and the quality πŸ˜† of debates then you should come forward and post them instead of reminiscing the old and criticizing the new.

From where I see it, the topics and debaters are much more versatile now but the vigilance was poorπŸ˜ƒ. So some threads did digress. I am glad to see the new setup is working round the clock and with good resultsπŸ‘πŸΌ.

Now coming back to the digging of old topics, my views are the same as I posted in this thread earlier. Happy debating!

Appreciating others does'nt mean degrading some!

It is definitely not but if you say that golden era is missing, the standard is down now and etc.etc.. then it surely means attack on new but still I respect your opinion.

I would like to think this as Platinum era with loud noiseπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†.

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maya_M

It is definitely not but if you say that golden era is missing, the standard is down now and etc.etc.. then it surely means attack on new but still I respect your opinion.

I would like to think this as Platinum era with loud noiseπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†.

Liked that😊

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

and I liked your temperament 😊 true sign of classy DMerπŸ˜› (since u mentioned before) and no butter is too expensive here 11$ for 500gm + 20 miles to the store 😊

IdeaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: souro

You have a problem with the present way of debating, you know what made the 'golden era', well 'golden', so I ask you when you see that there's chatting going on or the debate is not to your liking why shouldn't you take the initiative to give the debate a new direction. If you can present an idea, you might see other members starting to debate on that and at the end we can all have a healthy discussion. That way noone is dissapointed. Think about it when does members start chatting or spamming, when the debate comes to a standstill and noone has anymore new ideas to present or they don't have much idea about a complex topic or when most of them don't relate with the topic posted. Where's the harm if you present that idea for them, and give them a new direction. And as I said we can always start fresh debates on topics which have been discussed earlier but are interesting, because interesting topics don't crop up everyday and are difficult to find.

Somehow I don't feel like fighting back to the comment you make on my socalled problem with the new members because you are one of the new debators of DM I like!😊.Be happy in thinking that I'm xenophobic to new debators!Some how if I visualize the pink part of the above reply of yours I feel its like you are a:

I wish I were a :

Wishes,

Mythili Kiran

That's sweet.

IdeaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: raj5000

and I liked your temperament 😊 true sign of classy DMerπŸ˜› (since u mentioned before) and no butter is too expensive here 11$ for 500gm + 20 miles to the store 😊

😊 Thankyou! Hmmm! A politically correct Raj ji!πŸ˜‰

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Somehow I don't feel like fighting back to the comment you make on my socalled problem with the new members because you are one of the new debators of DM I like!😊.Be happy in thinking that I'm xenophobic to new debators!Some how if I visualize the pink part of the above reply of yours I feel its like you are a:

I wish I were a :

Wishes,

Mythili Kiran

When I say you, it's not always particularly you I mean but all of us. When there is excessive spamming or a discussion divagates too much, then anyone who has a new idea should come forward with it. We shouldn't always depend on the mods or others to bring back a discussion on track, we can do that ourselves too.😊 But you've to accept that there will be some friendly banter going on from time to time, especially when the discussion is close to dying out.πŸ˜›

I like the way you compliment your writing with pics.πŸ˜ƒ