•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago
Hey guys!

Well as this is a new section...I need we need to liven it up a little...no? 😳

So I thought as this is an awards,events and functions section lets discuss awards... 😳

>< Should there even be awards? πŸ˜†

>< Do you think they actually mean something nowadays with so many award functions happening?

>< Which award show do you most often enjoy?(Screen,filmfare etc)

>< Are they fair? πŸ˜•

>< Any other comments? 😳
Awesome Idea!! πŸ‘

Should there even be awards?
Awards encourage the actor/actresses and are a reward for their sincerity towards there work. It shows who is good and who can be better. 😳

Do you think they actually mean something nowadays with so many award functions happening?
Yes, to the actor/actresses they still mean a lot, even if their value has slightly decreased! 😳

Which award show do you most often enjoy?(Screen,filmfare etc)
Any award function where my favourites perform as i usually read the winners list on line! πŸ˜†

Are they fair?
Not really.. I always manage to find something undeserving and wrong in them! πŸ˜† But generally they are fair and deserved and thats why they have been given! 😳

Any other comments?
Nops! πŸ˜ƒ

>< Should there even be awards? yupp there should be because if no awards then how are we gonna give and show our love towards the Actors/actrees😳

>< Do you think they actually mean something nowadays with so many award functions happening? yupp they do😳

>< Which award show do you most often enjoy?(Screen,filmfare etc) i like all....but love the IIFAπŸ˜‰

>< Are they fair? πŸ˜• SPA isnt all the awards go to KSBKBT😭wat about others then...Why nominate them huh???

>< Any other comments? 😳 Greattttttt DOTW!!πŸ‘

Originally posted by niya

Hey guys!

Well as this is a new section...I need we need to liven it up a little...no? 😳

So I thought as this is an awards,events and functions section lets discuss awards... 😳

>< Should there even be awards? πŸ˜† hmmmm yes bt it shld be one  main award....ntt soo many award functions...as in one some other actor and in another some one else...y to confuse pppl so much..as to judge who is the best...

>< Do you think they actually mean something nowadays with so many award functions happening?
noo they dont mean anything...as i think those awards are nt at all fair with actors...

>< Which award show do you most often enjoy?(Screen,filmfare etc) Zee cine awards

>< Are they fair? πŸ˜•  nooo nt at all..i think till nw any awards i saw were nt fair..

>< Any other comments? 😳 niyaa good that u posted this topic...was getting bored...thankxx dint see that this section is alsoo made..
Edited by ambarinaaltaf - 16 years ago

Hey Niya..

Great discussion thread..

>< Should there even be awards? πŸ˜† Yes ofcourse.. Awards are rewards for actors who work the whole year round to provide us with entertainment.. They deserve to be recognised for their hardwork and dedication πŸ‘πŸ‘

>< Do you think they actually mean something nowadays with so many award functions happening? Awards mean a lot to actors.. its more like a reassurance that you are loved for the work you do.. 😳

>< Which award show do you most often enjoy?(Screen,filmfare etc)  Amongst film awards, I enjoy Filmfare & IIFA. Television awards..has to be SPA! πŸ˜ƒ

>< Are they fair? πŸ˜•
Fair/Unfair depends on the perception of the audiences.. If one's favourite wins, he/she thinks its fair πŸ‘.. If the favourite does not win..guess they believe its unfair! 😑

>< Any other comments? 😳
Award ceremonies should be few.. not a million award ceremonies each year. Moreover, the jury and public should award it to someone who is truly deserving..and not just who is popular! πŸ˜•

>< Should there even be awards? Yup......to encourage the performers and to give them the credit fot their hard work

>< Do you think they actually mean something nowadays with so many award functions happening? In this crowd of so many awards, there are still some of the bigger ones who haven't yet lost their importance

>< Which award show do you most often enjoy?(Screen,filmfare etc) Filmfare, IIFA, SPA and any other in which my favs perform πŸ˜›...

>< Are they fair?  Everyone has his/her own opinions regarding this topic.....i guess what seems fair to one wont seem so to the other...it's an individual perception...

>< Any other comments?  great discussion....but i wanna c more ppl participate in it 😳...

>< Should there even be awards? πŸ˜†

Only critics awards. These "popular" awards (a la Filmfare, SPA etc) are just meant to kiss up to the stars. Ayesha Takia's brilliant performance in Dor was sidelined while Kajol bagged the best actress award for coming back.πŸ˜• Bipasha's Corporate was sidelined just so they could kiss up to Ms. Mukherji.  Aishwarya & Shabana's perfromance in Umrao Jaan was sidelined because the film wasn't a commercial success.🀒 In the previous years, Hrithik's performance in Fiza (which, to this day, I believe was his best performance) was sidelined so they could give other popular actors awards. Not to mention the "new" categories Filmfare comes up with to kiss up to SRK & Priyanka*coughcough*Most Searched Celeb on int*coughcough*. It's a known fact that Aishwarya Rai & even Shilpa Shetty are more searched on the internet than PC. Not meant to offend anyone, just stating facts.

No. It's a TRP gimmick.

>< Which award show do you most often enjoy?(Screen,filmfare etc)

None really. Just watch them to kill time.

>< Are they fair? πŸ˜•

They are anything but fair. The movie that makes the most profit gets the awards *coughcough*D2*coughcough* while masterpieces like Dor sweep the dust. I used to think Screen was fair, but not anymore. The best "jodi" award was handed over to SRK-Rani, who IMHO, shared less chemistry than Kajol-Aamir, Hrithik-Ash and even Shahid-Amrita. Biased,  biased, biased.

πŸ‘ Great reply guys...keep it coming πŸ‘

Hey guys! heyy niya! awesome post! πŸ‘

>< Should there even be awards? πŸ˜† umm.. yes i think there shud... they recognise the talents of many people and award them for it... it not only encourages them to keep doing the best... but also makes others work hard to earn their own awards πŸ˜‰

award shows are jst some friendly competitions na?! πŸ˜ƒ

>< Do you think they actually mean something nowadays with so many award functions happening? that is a point... theres jst so many different functions that it doesnt matter wich show u win what award in! especially like the filmfare, that im sure only awards old-time favourites! πŸ˜•

but, awards like the oscars... they still mean alott nowadays! its still seen as such a big achievement to have won an oscar!

>< Which award show do you most often enjoy?(Screen,filmfare etc) i love watching the zee cine awards.. mainly because of srk πŸ˜³πŸ˜† and also the filmfare even though its biased πŸ˜†

>< Are they fair? πŸ˜• thats a hard one... well.. it depends on the award... and also the nominees!!! if one actor is nominated 3 times out of 6... its hardly fair!! πŸ˜• it doesnt make sense to do this tho! and i dont understand y it happens! πŸ˜•

>< Any other comments? 😳 jst want to say.. awesome first dotw! πŸ‘ and greattt idea! πŸ˜ƒ x