Celebrity Fan Clubs

DOTW- Ash and Abhi’s wedding

*Sweet_Ishu* thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Hello Friends,

We are here with a new DOTW topic. As you all know that recently we had the wedding of the most popular jodi in Indian films. They are non other than Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai (Bachchan).  Everybody in IF is talking about their wedding. So don't we discuss about it here.

Here are some quickie questions that will help you for further discussion!

How do you feel about their wedding?

Are they made for each-other?

How do you feel about many celebrities not being invited to their wedding? Did they just invite the one's they didn't have a media controversy with, or do you think it was justified to not invite friends like SRK, Rani...etc?

Feel free to add any other comments and opinion.!

-Ishu

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
 How do you feel about their wedding? Hey..well I really like their wedding. They are a very cute couple. I'm happy that Aish is now a Bachchan!!

Are they made for each-other? YES!!!!! They are sooo cute together!!

How do you feel about many celebrities not being invited to their wedding? Did they just invite the one's they didn't have a media controversy with, or do you think it was justified to not invite friends like SRK, Rani...etc? Well I missed them but I thought it was a private affair...I think Bachchans will invite them for the reception in June!!! It's their choice!

notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
omgg..ishuuu awesomee dotw 👏 👏 ..will edit my post sooon 😛 😃
JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Great post Ishu!!👏👏

How do you feel about their wedding? I am really happy for them,  I wish them all the best!

Are they made for each-other? I always wanted Rani with Abhi so no clue about that but they love each other so maybe they are made for each other🤔

How do you feel about many celebrities not being invited to their wedding? Did they just invite the one's they didn't have a media controversy with, or do you think it was justified to not invite friends like SRK, Rani...etc? Well, it was their own choice, does it really matter if they did invite SRK or Rani? SRK wouldn't have come anyways, he was shooting KBC wasn't he? and Rani, well Abhi shares a very "close" friendship with Rani, so in Ash's postion, I would mind as well😳😆😉 I think now that wedding is over, it doesn't really matter to me.. I am glad Shah Rukh was not invited and same for Rani😃 I mean honestly, I wasn't paying much attention due to hype, I was paying attention to KBC which I loved😳 Opps going off topic, shollyyy!!😳

the_charm thumbnail

Great post Ishu😳

How do you feel about their wedding? Really happy for 'em😃

Are they made for each-other? I guess so.....now they r married so yes......they r made for each other.😳

How do you feel about many celebrities not being invited to their wedding? Did they just invite the one's they didn't have a media controversy with, or do you think it was justified to not invite friends like SRK, Rani...etc? It wasn't justified.......n i wud never forgive the bacchans for tht.

Edited by the_charm - 17 years ago
cool_pooja thumbnail
How do you feel about their wedding? Since im neither a fan of Ashwariya nor Abshiek it doesnt really effect me.I wish them a happily Married life ahead! 😳

Are they made for each-other?
In a way, yes. They are a perfect case of Opposites attract and even through i dunt like them together on-screen, i loved them the way they came on FilmFare awards! 😳

How do you feel about many celebrities not being invited to their wedding? Did they just invite the one's they didn't have a media controversy with, or do you think it was justified to not invite friends like SRK, Rani...etc? If they wanted to keep it a private affair, its their wish. However not calling their own friends was a little wierd and managed to stire a lot of controversy. 😊
Yosh thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I thought it was a bit weird to call just SOME friends! But then again you never know...Those that the media potray as friends may not be so!
Mehreenie thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Isha789

How do you feel about their wedding? it really doenst affect me since i dontl ike them that much (no offnece)

Are they made for each-other? i dunno maby they are why else would they get married

How do you feel about many celebrities not being invited to their wedding? Did they just invite the one's they didn't have a media controversy with, or do you think it was justified to not invite friends like SRK, Rani...etc? umm i was kinda surprised that all the other stars didnt come cuz the bachans are like really popular and i thought that they wpuld have like one of thoes grand parties. but i dont really care

~*!Ripi!*~ thumbnail

Hello Friends,

We are here with a new DOTW topic. As you all know that recently we had the wedding of the most popular jodi in Indian films. They are non other than Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai (Bachchan).  Everybody in IF is talking about their wedding. So don't we discuss about it here.

How do you feel about their wedding? happy for them

Are they made for each-other? yea...but i liked abhi better with rani

How do you feel about many celebrities not being invited to their wedding? Did they just invite the one's they didn't have a media controversy with, or do you think it was justified to not invite friends like SRK, Rani...etc?

There were many people who felt hurt because they couldn't come to the wedding.
Let me put my situation before you, and leave it to you and the world in general to judge and sentence us. We were dealing with a
marriage and a guest list that was going out from seven important personalities and celebrities like my father Dr Harivanshrai Bachchan, a literary giant who has his own admirers in the literary world, my mother Teji Bachchan who has relatives, friends and associates going back to 90 years. There was Jaya, a personality in her own right with a large circle of relatives and friends, there were Abhishek and Aishwarya and there was Amar Singhji. And then finally there was yours truly… we were the hosts of the wedding. Please tell me, how do we even begin to invite all the people who are associated with these seven people?

What would the numbers have come to?
If we invited all the friends of all the hosts, the guest list would have run into 20,000 people.  Where would we have accommodated so many people? In our home or in a hotel? No hotel in India could accommodate 20,000 people. In any case, the family decided that an event like our children's wedding couldn't be held in a
hotel. It would be too impersonal a venue. So should we have had the wedding at the Bandra Kurla   Complex like the Filmfare awards night? We needed two acres of land for such a guest list. Where do we provide air conditioning to so many people in this heat? How would I've accommodated and fed 20,000 people? I'd rather give that kind of money to charity. 

So, how did you decide on the guest list?
The most crucial factor while deciding the guest list was my critically ill mother. In the last one year we haven't celebrated Diwali, Holi or my father's birth anniversary in Lucknow. We didn't want to have any celebration when my mother is lying in the hospital. At the same time, Abhishek is my only son. And it was his only wedding and the happiest moment in his life. How could we ignore that moment in his life? How could we deny him that moment of joy? This is what the circumstances were. We decided to have an intimate family gathering. Aishwarya's family and we decided to have a common wedding card and a common venue. And we chose friends who were absolutely impossible to ignore. Whatever we did we did it with the concurrence of both our families. We're happy with our decision. I'd like to believe that the industry too would share our happiness.

But some of your colleagues are hurt because they weren't invited.
Perhaps they are, perhaps they aren't. Either way, I'm fine with it. I respect their sentiments and I expect them to respect mine. If they're offended because they weren't invited then they weren't my friends in the first place. I couldn't go beyond the list we had. And in any case, everyone, from Shah Rukh to Hrithik to Salman, has sent their good wishes.

above is an extract from a n interview with Amitabh....i think he clarified himself enough and i think it was better to have a smaller private wedding

-Ishu

ambarinaaltaf thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

How do you feel about their wedding? well seriously speaking i jst dont like anything abt their wedding...no offence to any1 but i have many reasons for it...if i start giving them then im sure the atmosphere of the section would go much n much bad...

Are they made for each-other?😭nooo not at all....if rani would be there on place of ash...then their pair would rockk....

How do you feel about many celebrities not being invited to their wedding? Did they just invite the one's they didn't have a media controversy with, or do you think it was justified to not invite friends like SRK, Rani...etc?well i would say whn i dont care for wedding then why shld i care fr the guest list...first i was shocked that AB had invited ppl frm all over the world...bt didnt invite the ppl who are popular over here...well i would jst say nw as wedding have taken place it doesnt matter to whom he invited or nt...i would jst say hope they live happily...