Harry Hermione OR Harry Ginny?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
Harry and Hermione

Our post-OotP thoughts: If there's something going on between the two of them, JKR does an awfully good job covering it up, because we can't see any canon proof hinting at it. "Canon proof? There's plenty!" Harry/Hermione fans say. You all wrote in with the things that happened in OotP that would suggest Harry and Hermione will be together. Harry pulled her back when Grawp tried to grab her, Harry pulled her down when the centaurs attacked Umbridge, Harry pulled her out of the way when the centaurs attacked Grawp, Harry felt horrible when he thought she was dead... The list goes on. Harry and Hermione are best friends. If you thought your best friend was dead, wouldn't you feel horrible too? If a 16-foot-tall Giant with hands the size of trash-can lids was reaching out to grab your best friend, wouldn't you pull her back too? All of this "proof" concedes that Harry does care for Hermione, as he should, but it does not add any weight to the argument behind the possibility of them being anything more than just friends.

Also alot of people also add that Hermione hugged Harry in the Chamber Of Secrets, NOT Ron, and gave him a kiss on the cheek at the end of Goblet Of Fire Also NOT Ron...But think about it who would you be more comfortable hugging/kissing? Secret Crush? Or Best Friend?

Also, I know that alot of people like Harry Hermione, and you guys can continue to like them...and even though I am a Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hr shipper I didn't mean to upset anyone!!! 😛 Edited by Shining_Star - 18 years ago
Harry and Ginny
What we said before book 5:

"Ginny is infatuated with Harry, but so far Harry hasn't shown any signs of interest in her. Maybe Harry hasn't really noticed her yet because she is Ron's little sister. Ginny will mature, and maybe Harry will begin to notice her more in book 5. JKR did say that Ginny Weasley would play more of a role in book 5."

Many people seem to think that because of the new book 5 revelations about Ginny being over her crush on Harry, the relationship is over, but most Harry/Ginny fans are celebrating. Just like we predicted, Ginny matured in OotP. Ginny had to get over her girlish crush before Harry could possibly notice her for the girl she really is.

JKR layed a great Harry/Ginny clue at the end of the fifth book:

"Who's Cho going out with now anyway?" Ron asked Hermione, but it was Ginny who answered.
"Michael Corner," she said.
"Michael -- but --" said Ron, craning around in his seat to stare at her. "But you were going out with him!"
"Not any more," said Ginny resolutely. "He didn't like Gryffindor beating Ravenclaw at Quidditch, and got really sulky, so I ditched him and he ran off to comfort Cho instead."
Ron looked highly delighted.
"Well, I always thought he was a bit of an idiot," he said. "Good for you. Just choose someone -- better -- next time."
He cast Harry an oddly furtive look as he said it.

This creates a whole new aura of approval. The biggest obstacle a Harry/Ginny relationship would face is getting approval from the Weasley family, and from this excerpt we can see that Ron is not only "OK" with it, he's actually supportive of it.

Another book 5 excerpt we need to mention:

"Ginny used to fancy Harry, but she gave up on him months ago."

It doesn't say she's over him, it just says she's given up on him.

Here is a good point submitted by iBrooklyBabei:

There is no real canon proof of this, but people can compare Ginny to Lily-looks wise. Both have red hair, and even the actors from the movies look similar. Harry looks exactly like his father. Ginny looks like his mother. Maybe it's history repeating itself.

Here's another subtle clue brought to attention by Sweet Pea:

"Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above -- although, you may invite a younger student if you wish --"
Lavender Brown let out a shrill giggle. Parvati Patil nudged her hard in the ribs, her face working furiously as she too fought not to giggle. They both looked around at Harry.
-Page 386 of the American version of Goblet of Fire

Every Gryffindor knows that Ginny likes Harry, do they glance at Harry because they think he should ask her? So Ginny has matured and they now have approval from the over-protective older brother. Things are looking good for Harry/Ginny fans.Edited by Shining_Star - 18 years ago
By that way, I copied this from Mugglenet!!! 😊
Oh yeah I read that before! It's a good piece of work. Harry/Ginny forever! *big grin*
i like harry/hermione sry i just do!
Oh no you can like Harry and Hermione! I just posted this because I found it on Mugglenet a while ago and thought it was interesting.... 😛
JKR has already made it clear that Harry and Hermione are no more than best friends.