Awards, Events and Functions

Cannes Film Festival 2007!!

bollycrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Heyy everyone!

Has anyone heard of the famous Cannes Film Festival that is held every year in France?!

Also... Devdas was screened at the 2002 Cannes Film Festival! (Though it was not eligible for an award)

And this year... It is coming up in May!!

Mani Ratnam's Guru is being screened this year! (although, i'm not sure if it has been entered for an award... does anyone know about this?)

So, my question is... what are your thoughts on it??

Do you feel it is something to be proud of that Indian/Bollywood films are being internationally recognised in this way?? That more people worldwide are appreciating Indian cinema?

Please share ur thoughts! 😃

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

medha3 thumbnail
it's a very great event held each year in france.movies from various countries are being screened there.though none of the indian movies have made it yet except one satyajit ray movie n a short won an award til now.devdas was screened there.for the past 4 years aishwarya has been visiting canne,once as a jury member.she really makes indians proud ,she always look elegant n beautiful.being on the same platform with other hollywood stars is something.nandita das also was a jury membe in 2005.this year i've heard that the newly wed bachans will attend the function.so i'm looking forward to it.
bollycrazy thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: medha3

it's a very great event held each year in france.movies from various countries are being screened there.though none of the indian movies have made it yet except one satyajit ray movie n a short won an award til now.devdas was screened there.for the past 4 years aishwarya has been visiting canne,once as a jury member.she really makes indians proud ,she always look elegant n beautiful.being on the same platform with other hollywood stars is something.nandita das also was a jury membe in 2005.this year i've heard that the newly wed bachans will attend the function.so i'm looking forward to it.

thanksss for sharing ur views with ussss! 😃

yep i agree... its really a proud thing for indians! that our films and our stars are beginning to go there! 😛

cool_pooja thumbnail
I feel it is a great oppturnity not only for India but for the whole world to see their talent there. It combines all the countries and makes us realize it doesnt matter from which country the movie is coming from. Its the art that matters. 😳
bollycrazy thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: cool_pooja

I feel it is a great oppturnity not only for India but for the whole world to see their talent there. It combines all the countries and makes us realize it doesnt matter from which country the movie is coming from. Its the art that matters. 😳

thats also veryy true!! and i completely agree!! thats what i like about award shows in general! it recognises the talents of soo many people! and rewards them for their hard work and dedication!

so its naturally a proud thing for any country and director/producer/actor, etc  to see their film being screened there!

pg17 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Yes it good... but they are being shown off competition... maybe we need more innovative talented directors and scripts STOP COPYING EVERY BLOODY MOVIE OF THE WEST... From what we can hear, Im hoping Sawaariya Sanjay Bansali Next can stand a chance next year - plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

CROSSSSSSSSSSS FINGERS!!!!!