*~ DOTW - Lipstick/Lipgloss ~*

*dels* thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Helloooo Friends !😛

Its time for another discussion!

I was wondering what to discuss about when I saw a lipstick on the table😳

Then I thought why not have a discussion about lipsticks or lipglosses?

Before we start discussing about it, here is a bit of information about them.

Lipstick is known to have been used around 5000 years ago in ancient Mesopotamia, when semi-precious jewels were crushed and applied to the lips and occasionally around the eyes. Cleopatra had her lipstick made from crushed carmine beetles, which gave a deep red pigment, and ants for a base. Lipsticks with shimmering effects were initially made using a substance found in fish scales called pearlescence

During the Second World War, lipstick gained popularity as a result of its use in the movie industry, and it became commonplace for women to apply makeup, or "put their face on".

Lip gloss is most frequently used as a cosmetic, it is also used as a moisturiser now. Many lip glosses now contain sunscreen. It was first advertised by actress Lillian Gish. Sometimes it's mistaken for lip balm which is generally used for medicinal purposes.

Do you wear lipstick/lipgloss?

Do you wear them according to your :- dress/favourite shades or your skin colour?

Do you have a favourite brand for them?

Do share any tips that you think are useful.😛

Thats it for this week guys! Have fun discussing!😃

F&B Dev Team

Edited by *dels* - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bollycrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Awesome dotw dels!!! and veryy interesting info about lipstick/gloss!!! i never knew all that stuff!

Do you wear lipstick/lipgloss? i wear lipgloss sometimes! but never lipstick 😳

Do you wear them according to your :- dress/favourite shades or your skin colour? usually jst fav shades according to skin colour 😳 i usually use only clear or light pink lip glosses!

Do you have a favourite brand for them? umm.. not reeli! i have lots of different brands! but i have to say.. i loveee dior lip glosses! 😳

Do share any tips that you think are useful.😛 umm... i would say, (to me) only apply a little! a thick layer of gloss doesnt look as nice as a thinner layer! 😳 

manshi_singh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Thanks for such awesome topic😃I love this DOTW😃

Do you wear lipstick/lipgloss? Yup, I wear lipglosses😃

Do you wear them according to your :- dress/favourite shades or your skin colour?

all of the above

Do you have a favourite brand for them? Maybelline, Loreal, Revlon, Colorbar, etc

Put lip balm or Vaseline about 10 minutes before putting lipgloss/ lipstick, so that the lips get time to absorb them. After 10 minutes, wipe the excess and apply lipgloss/ lipstick. This method will leave your lips soft and colour of the lipgloss/ lipstick will be retained for a longer time😃

Really loved this topic😃

CaLiiZ*DiiMe thumbnail

Do you wear lipstick/lipgloss? i wear lipgloss cuz i feel lispticks r for old ppl😆

Do you wear them according to your :- dress/favourite shades or your skin colour? i wear clear gloss, it doesnt have any color so it goes with everything!!😛

Do you have a favourite brand for them? i use carmex..like alot of girls in the US lol

Do share any tips that you think are useful.😛 i think ppl should stay away from dark colored lipglosses or lipsticks

.:Ashi:. thumbnail

Great DOTW😃
really useful!!!😳

Do you wear lipstick/lipgloss? lipgloss😳

yuppp😛

Do you have a favourite brand for them? MAC or victoria's secret

lip balm must be applied before applying lipstick to keep your lips moisturized, nourished and naturally rosy. It also prevents the lips from drying and developing of cracks😛

awesome topic😃

kitty468 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
yes i wear lipsticks, dont get why most think lipstick is of the past, well i dont like gloss mostly becoz of the sticky texture, but most have had those sweet smell which i luv, n tend to eat up. so before reaching my distination its gone. i find more beautiful shades in lipstick though.

its my favourite shade, i buy the same colour again n again n dont realise it till i go home n see its the same. its sheer metallic light pink or mauve. i hate those dark browns and maroons n nude stuff.

Do you have a favourite brand for them? yes i luv maybelline, mostly becoz its affordable in my range. while wen i go to the malls that is wen i was in singapore i used to luv the sheer range of oh i dont remember but they used to be real nice.

Do share any tips that you think are useful.
dont use long stay wear often becoz it has a chemical lead oxide or zinc oxide which is toxic but serves the purpose. leading brands like dior, channel etc.   
username88 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Do you wear lipstick/lipgloss? im not a lipstick person lol...i only wear lipgloss

Do you wear them according to your :- dress/favourite shades or your skin colour? depends...i think i mainly wear it accordin it 2 skin color, buh most of the time i jus wear plain lipgloss😛

Do you have a favourite brand for them?i mainly use maybelline😛

Do share any tips that you think are useful.😛 umm dun put 2 much on😃😆it doesnt look dat good

Edited by xmuqix - 16 years ago
ajeebhotum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

just lip gloss😳

i always try to match them with my clothes, jewlery, etc😳..the only shades that look good on my skip in light...even though my skin isn't dark😳

nope...i just use any..except the really cheap ones because they can ruin your lips!

Do share any tips that you think are useful.😛 just try to use a variety of colors and not just one color everyday...experiment a little😉

Great discussion Delu!😃

-Rachna😳

~@$hm@~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

at times , yea

i dont really put on makeup but wen its something special or wen im in the mood its usually the plain one or dark pink..it really works:D

nivea and maybelline

wen u put on a lipstick try adding a touch of plain lipgloss to it it looks cute..and wen u apply it add vaseline to make it stay longer😃

great topicc!!👏
pm4eva thumbnail

Yup! I were ligloss! Yea.. they say they make lipstick look shiny by using fish scales...🤢

According to my skin color because not everyhtoing goes so i have to be careful

Lol... This may sound kiddish but Smacker nad BonneBell

Umm.. i read in a magazine once to make your lips soft take a dry toothbrush and basically brush your lips. Put on lip gloss right after that and put it on throughout the day! 😃