* Tip of the Week: Home French Manicure *

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

This weeks tip is on how you can do a French Manicure at Home!πŸ˜ƒ

Here are the steps:

Using a cotton ball soaked in nail polish remover, wipe off any old nail polish prior to painting nails. Wash hands and soak in warm water for a few moments.

With an orangewood stick, gently push back the cuticles so they are all even with each other once the water has softened your skin.

With nail clippers, beauty scissors or a nail file, shape your nails evenly.

With a steady hand, carefully paint only the tip of each nail with a white hue. A second coat may be desirable, depending on the thickness and opaqueness of the polish. Allow polish to dry between coats.

Using a slightly transparent pink or nude color, paint the entire nail once the tips have dried. A second coat may be necessary. Allow nails to dry thoroughly.

Once all the coats have dried, apply a clear topcoat to protect your new French manicure. To lengthen the manicure's lifespan, make an effort to paint a clear coat on each night. Be sure it has ample time to dry completely.

If you are feeling especially creative and ambitious, kick off your shoes and match your tootsies to your fingertips!

After Manicure

This procedure is best performed on a lazy morning or evening when no other pressing errands or tasks will get in the way. After painting your nails, avoid doing things with your hands while they dry.

From Free Beauty Tips.com

Here are tips! Anymore tips are welcomeπŸ˜ƒ

~ Fashion & Beauty Dev Team ~
(meghavi, Tumhari_Khushi, gk_09, *dels*)

great tips paneer! πŸ˜›
i've always tried to do a french manicure @ home, but i always messed up πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
im pretty sure these tips will help!
will try sometime!
thankoo 😳
awesomeee tips gurpzzz!!!! always wondered howww ppl get french manicures soooo niceee!!! and now i know! πŸ˜† x
Oh! Great tips... my nails are always french manicured... I love the classic elegant look! 😳
thanx for the tip, my sis does it.
i like a to put a light shade of pink then a transperant layer. gives the same effect with the white
awesomeee
thnx 4 da tip
now i can do it hehe
those are some great tips Gurps! 😊

me always goes to the salon..but mayb i'll try to do it at home sometime! 😳

-Rachna
I always mess up at the painting the tips part so i use these sticker thingy's that seperate it so you don't paint anything besides the tip!
french manicures rock!!! πŸ˜ƒ
i have it most of da time...like rte now!!!
itz propa simple nd lookz sooo gooood!! 😊
Rimz x
πŸ˜† I always do mine by myself at homee...I think it looks well nicee πŸ˜› thanks for the tips though...will surely help moi πŸ˜‰