synopsis for princess hours

Posted: 16 years ago

Princess hours or goong is a engrossing romantic tale of a prince and a commoner who ends up in an undesired marital relationship owing to a promise of deceased king. The charming yet cold prince and lively but innocent princess have nothing in common . they are even pursued by different parties. prince is smitten by a ballerina and princess is pursued by another royal prince yul. Trouble starts years ago...when the crown prince(yul's father) dies and shin's father become next king. yul and his mother are driven off the palace(since law states only one prince can live in palace at a time) to england. Yul's ambitious mother resolves to restore yul to throne oneday , no matter what the cost. At the time yul is bethrothed to chae kyung but after abdication, it is prince shin who ends up marrying chae kyung. Years later when yul returns , he wants both the throne and his fiancee back. He forms a kinship with princess and falls madly in love with her. Soon the palace is running amok with conspiracies, unrequited love and disagreement between the royal couple. there also an ancient secret that threatens to change the lives of royal forever.

PRINCE SHIN :  

goong36.jpg  goong014.jpg

Crown prince shin is the most eligible bachelor in korea at a tender age of  19 years. he is not only considered rich ,handsome and charming but also very distant,cold and a snob. However under his bluster , he is a lonely and very sad person, his only friend is his childhood teddy bear alfred. He has been trained by royal protocol to behave like a royal and put duty before everything else.Somehow nothing he does seems to satisfy his fatherHe is the student of a premier art institute. He dreams of becoming a film director and has no interest in royal affairs. he wishes to give up crown in future.He is interested in one of his school mates , a rising ballerina hyo-rin .he proposes her only to be turned down since she does not wish to live her life within the confines of royal protocols. He ends up getting married to a starry eyed commoner to keep up a royal promise which states that next crown prince will marry her. he thinks of it as both duty and a perverse revenge on the king since she is completely unsuitable for the family.however with time, he starts falling for her simplicity,he ends uptaking care of her in his own sweet little ways, but she seems to prefer his cousin to him. he burns with silent love and jealousy , however is unable to confess his feelings to his wife due to his nature and pride.     

PRINCESS CHAE KYUNG :

goong34.jpg  goong006.jpg  goong002.jpg  goong003.jpg

An average art student at premier art institute, this teenager lives carefree life and has an unconventional tomboyish way of dressing. She has no interest in boys and enjoys rice cakes. One day she overhears prince propose to his girlfriend and being turned down, next day she finds herself being bethothed to the prince. While she has no interest in him , she agrees to go ahead with marraige so that she can help her family pay off huge debts. soon she ends up with a very cold and uncooperative husband who seems to enjoy her misery. she can sense his lonliness and feels guilty for taking away his chance of a life with hyo-rin. She falls in love with her husband but he seems to thwart her everytime she tries to come closer to him. She makes friends with prince yul who is prince shin's cousin and ends up spending a lot of time with him. soon it seems everytime she needs something, it is prince yul at her side and not her husband.she is always sad at her inability to win her husband's heart and feels that she is unworthy of him.She finally decides to leave the palace and  unwittingly becomes a pawn in the conspiracy to destroy prince shin.

PRINCE YUL GOON:

goong193.jpg

Prince yul is a very complex character . He was the crown prince in the past , however after his father's accident , he is forced to leave the palace and live life as a commoner. his mother was unable to cope with the change and attempted sucide.all this left a deep scar on his psyche. he is haughty as a royal in a minute and comfortable as next door boy in another.he is kind ,playful and friendly. he however is jealous of prince shin because he believes his birthright was stolen. He ends up being chae-kyung's classmate in the arts institute. he identifies with her when she is snubbed by the prince. however, the more he gets to know her , the more he begins to love her. When he sees shin ignore her, he decides to win her for himself along with the throne. His love however becomes a tool for his mother to manipulate him and others.

HYO-RIN:

goong1000.jpg

Hyo-rin is a ballet student that belongs to middle class, she catches the eye of prince and ends up in his circle of rich and mighty. She and Shin are actually just friends , however there is an unusual understanding between them. Prince shin proposes to her because he does not want to end up marrying a stranger.She refuses him because she wants to pursue her career and does not like the idea of being tied down by royal protocols. When shin marries chae-kyung, she starts getting jealous of all the attention showered on her. Furthermore she realises that the duty bound prince will never be hers, she is hurt when she finds out that prince is beginning to fall for his simpleton wife.She decides she wants shin back and plays along with yul's mother to blacken his name and force him into a corner.

Edited by pj04 - 16 years ago
thanks for the synopsis!

My friend actually watched this drama and she used to be so addicted πŸ˜† I can understand why now 😳

Will watch the first epi tomorrow πŸ˜›
THIS IS THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahahahhaha if u want to watch ur first drama, make it this one!!! lolllll

ji joo hoon rocks my socks and no one can steal him from me...he's mine forever and always!!!!!

Originally posted by sweetsorrow18

ji joo hoon rocks my socks and no one can steal him from me...he's mine forever and always!!!!!

so true..i was addicted to it...i guess some more members are going tofind out what addiction means(watching 7 episodes straight 2 days before finals😳). we decided to start with this show because i felt it was one of the most strongest kdramas ever.

as for ji joon hoon....i was initially surprised to see such plain looking guy playing the character of prince shin but by 5th episode i could not take my eyes off him. he was prince shin alive. you can see how well he acts by simply looking in his eyes, he is superb. he is playing a cold blooded lawyer in a new show called devil, i had a hard time finding similarity between the slick lawyer and proud prince...i guess that is all i can say about how good he is

[quote=pj04]

sweetsorrow18 wrote:

so true..i was addicted to it...i guess some more members are going tofind out what addiction means(watching 7 episodes straight 2 days before finals😳). we decided to start with this show because i felt it was one of the most strongest kdramas ever.

as for ji joon hoon....i was initially surprised to see such plain looking guy playing the character of prince shin but by 5th episode i could not take my eyes off him. he was prince shin alive. you can see how well he acts by simply looking in his eyes, he is superb. he is playing a cold blooded lawyer in a new show called devil, i had a hard time finding similarity between the slick lawyer and proud prince...i guess that is all i can say about how good he is
[/quote]

hahah i agree..no one knows whut addiction is until they've watching like 10 episodes in a row till 6 in the morning ( i practically pulled an allnighter for this show)...but its totally worth it...such a strong drama and incorporates modern korea with traditional values of the culture...loved it!

i agree....at first i was IN LOVE with YUL and i still like him but after like episode 5 i was OBESSED with SHIN! omg fits the role perfectly and i cant imagine anyone else play the role better than him.......hes awesome..have u watched ma wang yet? i heard hes good in itt!

btw did u watch the goong 1.5 special?....omg halarious...gotta love joo ji hoon!

yep ma wang aka devil, however i must admit asian dramas do better with romantic theme than they do with thrillers. joo jin hoon looks yummy in it, he has a slick haircut and has lost about five pounds for the show , here is a picture of him in the show

0313-ma-whang4.jpg
Edited by pj04 - 16 years ago
omggg hes so hotttt...didnt know he lost 5 pounds for the show!
w0ww...awesomee..will watch the 1st episode πŸ˜ƒ
ive watched the firsat two shows and am addiceted...lim thirsty for more...im downloading it now! 😳
wow! πŸ˜ƒ

sounds sddictivee! 😳 ...will surly watch the first epi wen i have timee! 😳