Asian Shows

HYD (1 AND 2) OR METEOR GARDEN 1

Poll

which drama would you prefer meteor garden or hana yori dango

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
pj04 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

folks , for our next drama please vote which one would you like.the poll ends on saturday

Both the shows are based on same popular japanese manga hana yori dango (boys over flowers , a symbolism for preferring practical stuff  over trivial pursuits).

Hana yori dango is the japanese version of the story. extremely fast paced and more extravagant , this one is the more logical versions. while the actors are not conventionally goodlooking , they grow on you and they can really act. part 1 has 9 episodes , while part 2 has 11 episodes. the lead character "domiouji "is more violent and less ethical , he also really looks like a person who prances around thinking he is some sort of a royalty (veryclose to manga character). the female protagonist is sweet .in fact except for huanzawa rui who is more vocal and in touch with his feelings here ,the cast is stellar.

Meteor garden is the taiwanese version of the story. In all honesty it is a blend of part 1 and part 2 of japanese version. while the cast is wellchosen, there are some issues with acting part .the show also is more on overboard side,a number of times. however this one has more romantic moments. the show also has more street look instead of the plush extravagant look. the female lead here comes across as conceited instead of sweet which kind of mars the beauty of the story however the saving grace is zhai zhai who plays mysterious  huanza lei.

personally i prefer watching hyd 1 and 2 instead of mg 1. you can check out the reviews of both the shows and comparison in

www.spcnet.tv/reviews.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweethoney06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: pj04

folks , for our next drama please vote which one would you like.the poll ends on saturday

Both the shows are based on same popular japanese manga hana yori dango (boys over flowers , a symbolism for preferring practical stuff  over trivial pursuits).

Hana yori dango is the japanese version of the story. extremely fast paced and more extravagant , this one is the more logical versions. while the actors are not conventionally goodlooking , they grow on you and they can really act. part 1 has 9 episodes , while part 2 has 11 episodes. the lead character "domiouji "is more violent and less ethical , he also really looks like a person who prances around thinking he is some sort of a royalty (veryclose to manga character). the female protagonist is sweet .in fact except for huanzawa rui who is more vocal and in touch with his feelings here ,the cast is stellar.

Meteor garden is the taiwanese version of the story. In all honesty it is a blend of part 1 and part 2 of japanese version. while the cast is wellchosen, there are some issues with acting part .the show also is more on overboard side,a number of times. however this one has more romantic moments. the show also has more street look instead of the plush extravagant look. the female lead here comes across as conceited instead of sweet which kind of mars the beauty of the story however the saving grace is zhai zhai who plays mysterious  huanza lei.

personally i prefer watching hyd 1 and 2 instead of mg 1. you can check out the reviews of both the shows and comparison in

www.spcnet.tv/reviews.com

thx for the info i voted๐Ÿ˜Š!!

and i appreciate ur help to giving us the episodes with subtitles๐Ÿ‘

-aditi- thumbnail
me not getting nething in my brains ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ...
Sand thumbnail
I like both but I like my hubby Jerry on MG. Don't like Barbie Xsu's portrayal that much though. I prefer the female lead of HYD, she's much more realistic & likeable. Plus, her & Matsumoto look good together! ๐Ÿ˜Š And MG2 is just a drag *just being honest* ! Edited by Sand - 16 years ago