Asian Shows

What do you find different?

momogrl21 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hey AZN drama friends 😳 I'm Momo, would love to know all of you who i dont know already 😳

Anyways, I have a question for all you Asian drama fans!
What do you find different in asian dramas from Indian serials? 😊

For me, its just the smoothness of an azn drama.
They are all mostly short and sweet. We dont see any show like a KSBKBT running for 7 years  We dont see a long stretched out problem that goes on for months  They are just cute to watch 😳 Truthfully i dont like watching Indian serials at all. The only one i lasted through was JJKN 😊 I hate seeing the woman of the serial go through the sad and depressing like where everyone misunderstands her.

So looking forward to you responses 😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tiki5434 thumbnail

feel like asian dramas have REALLY high standards and just amazing quality compared to indian dramas. They also focus on different subject matter and aren't afraid to try new things.. from my experience anyway.
They're like a hybrid of indian and american dramas.. Indian dramas are extremely conservative and american dramas are wayyy out there.. i think azn dramas are right in the middle.. perfect.
😳
pj04 thumbnail
i have to agree with tiki , they are a perfect blend of drama and action.the stories are quite diversified but what i like most is extremely good script with excellent original music scores and talented actors. hana yori dango(as you can tell my fav show) was very popular still the director chose to end it in mere nine episodes. ofcourse it was a great decision because it makes for a wonderful show. i and many of my friends have seen it more than 5 times.everytime i see it , i discover a new facet to the story. i have a hard time watching the episodes of indian shows even the first time. my guess is they make enough money by selling music cds and dvds of the show.
     i wish someone in India had enough guts to follow that track.
Jia thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Taheera~

feel like asian dramas have REALLY high standards and just amazing quality compared to indian dramas. They also focus on different subject matter and aren't afraid to try new things.. from my experience anyway.
They're like a hybrid of indian and american dramas.. Indian dramas are extremely conservative and american dramas are wayyy out there.. i think azn dramas are right in the middle.. perfect.
😳

ditto. plus i think i like romantic drama's more than just regular saas bahu stuff....its more like a long chick flickπŸ˜³πŸ˜†

momogrl21 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Taheera~

😳

hailaaa Tikii, u smacked it! πŸ‘ they really are in the middle 😊 agreed...indian serials are totally conservative. some of them can be nice to see once in a while πŸ˜ƒ but sometimes if i glance up and see some scene, i ask myself...what century are we in? πŸ˜• American shows, i like them...better than indian serials in a way 😳 but yes, sometimes they show things and call it for kids πŸ˜† nice point tiki πŸ‘

sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

well first of all..THE LENGTH! geeze unlike indian dramas..these shows are MAX like 30 episodes and thank gawd for that lol....

i love love love the characters in each and every showw....somehow these writers manage to pull off characters with amazing personalities...awesome careers and they're halarious! i have yet to watch a show where the character is boring or doing the same thing (unlike indian serials where the main purpose of the girl is to bring happiness into her family lol)

the story...GOSH...whut can isay...but the stories in these dramas..be it korean, taiwanese, japanese..anything..they're awesomeeee.....totally different and original and fresh and told in .5% of the time an indian serial is told lol....

scenes and direction....the directors for these dramas are awesome...not only are scenes funny..but they're so authentically done that u feel like u know the background and have been there before....all u see in indian dramas is the same house shown in 5 out of 10 shows because they're all owned by Ekta Kapoor lol....

and i agree with tiki on this one..indian dramas are too conservative....i understand this because this is the way indian society is and it is accepted..totally understandable..but asian dramas do bring that "extra spice" on screen which indian dramas dont..even if its a cute little kiss...it brings out so much in the story and characters

okay there was my little speech on why i love asian dramas SO MUCH!

tiki5434 thumbnail

"extra spice" is a great way to put it, didi. that's exactly it.

i think someone said something like this in a different thread.. taaliya i think it was? forgive me if i'm wrong -_-

basically, the actors are exceptional in that they show so much with just their facial expressions.

i agree. in indian shows, there are far too many flashbacks and out loud "thinking" by the actors. the example she gave totally fits, too: shin from goong. you can see SO much of his character by just looking at his face. he seems like a REAL PERSON, without all the extra, if you know what i mean.

that's another thing that definitely stands out. not that our indian actors are not good.. the fact is they can be better with shorter story lines and perhaps a different approach to directing..
PinkPixie thumbnail
I think the fact that these r mini series is what makes it so special !

plus the quality of the writing n acting n all .. i can go on n on . πŸ˜‰
involment thumbnail
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
involment thumbnail
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk