Asian team announced for Afro - Asia Cup

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Teams:

Asian ODI: Mahela Jayawardene (Sri Lanka/captain), Sanath Jayasuriya (Sri Lanka), Sachin Tendulkar (India), Virender Sehwag (India), Mohammad Yousuf (Pakistan), Yuvraj Singh (India), Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wicket-keeper/India), Harbhajan Singh (India), Chaminda Vaas (Sri Lanka), Shoaib Akhtar (Pakistan), Lasitha Malinga (Sri Lanka), Mohammad Rafique (Bangladesh), Mohammad Asif (Pakistan) and Upul Tharanga (Sri Lanka)

Asian Twenty20: Shoaib Malik (captain/Pakistan), Tamim Iqbal (Bangladesh), Imran Nazir (Pakistan), Mohammad Ashraful (Bangladesh), Tillakaratne Dilshan (Sri
Lanka), Shahid Afridi (Pakistan), Kamran Akmal (Pakistan), Abdur Razzak (Bangladesh), Farveez Maharoof (Sri Lanka), Mashrafe Mortaza (Bangladesh) and Munaf Patel (India)

Support staff: Roger Binny (coach), Sultan Rana (manager), physiotherapist (John Gloster/India)

African ODI: Graeme Smith (South Africa/captain), Steve Tikolo (Kenya), Johan Botha (South Africa), Mark Boucher (South Africa), Elton Chigumbura (Zimbabwe), A.B. de Villiers (South Africa), Herchelle Gibbs (South Africa), Andrew Hall (South Africa), Jacques Kallis (South Africa), Makhaya Ntini (South Africa), Thomas Odoyo (Kenya), Peter Ongondo (Kenya), Shaun Pollock (South Africa), Vusi Sibanda (Zimbabwe) and Hiren Varaiya (Kenya)

Reserves: Justin Kemp (South Africa), Albie Morkel (South Africa) and Ashwell Prince (South Africa)

African Twenty20: Alex Obanda (captain/Kenya), Morris Ouma (Kenya), Nehemiah Odhiambo (Kenya), Tanmay Mishra (Kenya), Goolam Bodi (South Africa), Thandi Tshabalala (South Africa), Albie Morkel (South Africa), Morn'e Morkel (South Africa), Loots Bosman (South Africa), Keith Dabengwa (Zimbabwe), Tawanda Mupariwa (Zimbabwe) and Friday Kasteni (Zimbabwe)

i cant believe that they included ONLY three pak players, out of which only ONE is a batsman??????😕 wat on earth... i cant believe they didnt include abdul razzaq or afridi??????? 😲 seriously, i dont want to be rude, but players lyk sachin and sehwag dont deserve to be there!!! they havent been performing at all to be included, especially sehwag!... i wud have rather gone wid Dravid, which isnt included! but honeslty, razzaq or afridi shud have been inluded, only one batsman from pak, wat on earth!!!! pak has sum of the best all rounders in world cricket, they cud have included at least one all rounder from pak!!! but they didnt!

and the African 20/20 team luks so weird..... 😆 i havent heard of any of those players?????? and the 20/20 asian team is fine, as they have mostly players who can actually play quick games... as we all know that 20/20 matches r of 20 overs only! and if u luk at the african team for 20/20 then they arent filled wid any great players, thats really weird! Edited by mini2390 - 16 years ago
Thanks a bunch for sharing this awsome news!!!
oh well well look who we have in asian ODI...shoaib and asif...i lyke this duo bowlers... and in the indian side i hope tht sachin and sehwag makes a gud pair and blow the african players...after watching shoaib's interview i have started to dislike the SA team..
thnks for sharin yeii 5 players of bangladesh is selected dis tym m soo happy for the tigers 😃
hmm will be a gr8 20enty and a gr8 odi... 👏 👏 👏
both matches will be great 😛