jdrama vs the rest

pj04 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
 Is it just me or jdramas seem to shy away from romantic scenes much like indian shows.there is always a very strong romantic undercurrent  in the shows but there are few hugs/hand holding/kisses . on the other hand taiwanese dramas seem to go overboard , almost every episode has a healthy dose of romantic contact.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tiki5434 thumbnail

agreed! some extreme examples i can think of.. umm..

kurosagi(japanese): not even a hug! O_O

mars(taiwanese): most sexual content i've seen in any azn drama ever... it was insaneeee
sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i agree....taiwanese dramas are definately more "sensual" than jdramas...ofcourse taiwanese are gooddd and they have their own elements to reign in the viewers but jdramas are just as great from the two i have watched...like tiki said....barely any contact and yet they were so good
momogrl21 thumbnail
omgggg...YES!!! i have seen soooo many japanese dramas! yep, they are sortaa conservative dramas! actually i've heard like japanese people are a lot like indian people. i dont see how this relates, but agreed there are less romance in japanese dramas. i haven't yet fully seen a taiwanese drama so dunno how it is. but i wonder...why the difference? 😊
pj04 thumbnail

@momogirl   it is not that jdramas don't have romance .infact they have such such strong romantic undercurrent and there is so much romantic tension on screen 😳 , that you keep waiting for something to happen but it never does . romance is only a sidestory in thier scripts. for example in hyd...i kept waiting for some romance between the leads but 9 episodes and then we have a platonic kiss 🤢 in end though you know that they are going insane for each other in every episode. 😳 .similar was the case in kurosagi. even in hyd part 2...hunazawa get to keep making moves on makino but domyouji does not even lay a single hand on her and when he does they end up breaking stuff.i was so frustated at that point.😳 😆 😕

@ taheera    true, mars was full of explicit scenes , almost made me wonder how they were accepted in general public.but when you pick characters like ones in mars (a sexually abused timid woman and a daredevil rake).a lot of scenes are given

Another reason could  be that most young and popular japanese actors including yamapi and jun are affiliated with johny entertainments , an agency that is rumoured to have prudish attitude about onscreen romance

Edited by pj04 - 16 years ago
tiki5434 thumbnail

ooh is johnny entertainments really known for that? 😕 wow... O_O
momogrl21 thumbnail
Originally posted by: pj04

@momogirl   it is not that jdramas don't have romance .infact they have such such strong romantic undercurrent and there is so much romantic tension on screen 😳 , that you keep waiting for something to happen but it never does . romance is only a sidestory in thier scripts. for example in hyd...i kept waiting for some romance between the leads but 9 episodes and then we have a platonic kiss 🤢 in end though you know that they are going insane for each other in every episode. 😳 .similar was the case in kurosagi. even in hyd part 2...hunazawa get to keep making moves on makino but domyouji does not even lay a single hand on her and when he does they end up breaking stuff.i was so frustated at that point.😳 😆 😕

oooo, of course i didn't mean no romance at all. of course there is romance, but its not wild or anything 😳😆 even korean dramas aren't like wild. 😆 i mean me being a little kid 😆 i like sweet, simple little things 😳 japanese dramas, yes...you gotta sorta wait for it to happen. its really sweet though in the end...just for some exceptions like HYD 2 when they break up [as you mentioned] thats why i really like japanese dramas...the romance isn't wild, crazieee, overboard. its just simple. i mean i guess it is sorta like indian serials...except indian serial romance is a bit cheesy for me. 😆 and when it terms of indian serials...romance is a hug 😆 i realllyy like japanese dramas because the romance is just cuteee, not like indian serials and not extreme! 😃

pj04 thumbnail
yep...the way i hear johny enternainments is something like mickey mouse club. just like justin timberlake, britney spears , hillary duff etc started thier careers with disney ....matsujun, yamapi and others started with the johny entertainments talent agency even before they were teenagers.
    what i find odd though specifically in jun's case is that he is not this held back in his movies (almost all of them deal with taboo subjects).
tiki5434 thumbnail

wow.. you seem to be quite knowledgeable about all this, puja! 😃 what movies does jun have out?
pj04 thumbnail
what can i say , recently i have been junified (a term used by jun fans for being obssessed by him).while jun is not particularly good looking (though looked to die for as swada shin in gokusen), he has immense talent for acting.he has a number of movies tokyo tower,i am in love with my younger sister and yellow tears.