Advice Corner

Hi I want u r guidelines

monchi thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Anyone please help me. Now I want to improve my English language so please help me in this regard. I am not interested in reading books; the main reason is the languages they use are bit though for me. I am interested in chatting with people, but still now I haven't made any friends to do the same. Does chatting with friends help to improve. Are there any sites where I can interact with them in writhing and improve my language? Please help really I am very serious in learning the same. Please.

monchi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cool_pooja thumbnail
No chatting does not help! πŸ˜†
Well u can read magazines or articles on net and that would surely increase ur vacoblry and other then that search for sites on ask.com or yahoo.com and they might be able to provide u sites that wud help in enhancing ur english. Or try debate mansion here at IF. The debators there use the right words and that would help ur english! 😳
~@$hm@~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hii, well it seems ure pretty well in writing as i can see from your post.Many people find it boring to read bks..Search google from online eng lessons.If i get a link ill post it up here:)
If speaking is the problem take an english newspaper/mag/bk and try reading it fluently infront of the mirror until ure satisfied, reading properly with the correct pronounciation can improve your spelling.As for sentences try searching lessons on googleπŸ˜ƒ
Yosh thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
If not books...There are always magazines, newspapers etc. Reading anything in English would help your vocabulary! As Pooja mentioned above...Do try out teh Debate Mansion here at IF...Everyone there speaks very proper πŸ˜‰! And yeah at home, try and interact with family members in English too...This will be good practise!
Miss.Colorfull thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i had the same problem when i came to usa . the best way to improve english is to talk to pepole like talk to pepole about ur hobbies and don,t care how u speak or u have accent cuz that,s going to keep u back from learning. i imroved my english by watching cartoons believe me it helped me a lot cuz it taught me how to improve my accent.
when i started watching it i had some problems but then i got better. read indian english newspapers if u are interested like movies section it,s fun and u will improve ur english. give it a try and it will improve. i hope it helps. 😳
~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail
well people say reading helps improve your english and i agree... but if u are not interested in reading things can get a little tough... and it tends to look like you want the easy way out!!!!

but yea like someone above said, talking to people helps a lot... go aoround and converse with them and do not be ashamed to say that your english knowledge is low for trust me being frank helps a lot... happened to me too once... oh and listening will help too... i learnt a lot thru listening i really did... observe conversations...

oh and you can do this
watch the news!
its a great thing to do to help your english. Watch the news, look up words you dont understand and u have yourself a great bargain!

Good Luck!
ajeebhotum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yes, like pooja said, read magazines, or articles that interest you 😊

and the debate mansion is filled with future writers!..and also the fan fiction forum of IF will help tons, you can read about your fav. show and it'll improve your english 😊

Watching TV will also help your pronounciation 😊 ..especially the educational TV channels.

And if you find a book that looks interesting, read it, that'll help TONS! 😊