gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 16 years ago

This week's topic's non other than Nail Polish...! Im sure all girls are jumping up and down 😛

History of Nail Polish:

The practice of adding color to fingernails appears to have begun with the Japanese and Italians around 3000 B.C The Chinese used a colored lacquer, made from a combination of gum arabic, egg whites, gelatin and beeswax. They also used a mixture consisting of mashed rose, orchid and impatien petals combined with alum. This mixture, when applied to nails for a few hours or overnight, leaves a color ranging from pink to red. The Egyptians used reddish-brown stains derived from the henna plant to color their nails as well as the tips of their fingers. Today, some people still use henna dyes to draw intricate, temporary designs on their hands in a practice known as Mehndi.

It is unclear exactly how the practice of coloring nails progressed following these ancient beginnings. By the turn of the 19th century, nails were tinted with scented red oils and polished or buffed with a chamois cloth, rather than simply painted.Even a century later, women still pursued a polished, rather than painted, look by massaging tinted powders and creams into their nails, then buffing them shiny.One such polishing product sold around this time was Graf's Hyglo nail polish paste.Some women during this period painted their nails using a clear, glossy varnish applied with camel-hair brushes.When automobile paint was created around 1920, it inspired the introduction of colored nail enamels.Michelle Mnard is credited with inventing the beginnings of our modern day colored nail lacquers.

Thanks to wikipedia

Now for our Questions!

Do you wear Nail Polish?
Which brands of Nail Polish do you use?
Is putting Nail Polish on your right hand hard (if your rigt handed)?
Do you prefer dark colours or light colours?
Do you remove Nail Polish with a Remover or By itself?

Any other comments are welcome. Please do remember IF's COC while posting. Also, any tips are welcome for using Nail Polish

Love,
Fashion & Beauty Development Team
(meghavi, Tumhari_Khushi, gk_09, *dels*)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

manshi_singh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

How ironic, I just painted my nails about 15 minutes ago😆😆

I was happy to see this topic😃 Thanks a lot🤗

Now for my Answers

Do you wear Nail Polish? Yes, but only during long vacations. Nail polish is not allowed in school

Which brands of Nail Polish do you use? Maybelline, Avon, Elle18, Colorbar,Lakme, Streetwear,.....

Yes it is. Thats why, earlier my left hand nail polish used to be applied properly wheres on right hand it didn't come out properly So, now I tell my mom to apply it for me😃

Do you prefer dark colours or light colours? Light colours like  transparent with shimmer, light pink with shimmer, neutral colours like white and silver which goes with everything😃

Always with Nail Polish Remover. I use Gala Nail Polish Remover

Tips

If you have applied Nail Polish and dont have time to wait for it to dry. Just put your nails under cold running water. This will dry your nail polish  fast. I tried it and it worked😃

-Love Manshi😃

username88 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Do you wear Nail Polish? rarely

Which brands of Nail Polish do you use? dunno lol

Is putting Nail Polish on your right hand hard (if your rigt handed)? yes very

Do you prefer dark colours or light colours? light

Do you remove Nail Polish with a Remover or By itself? remover, its much easier
xChandnix thumbnail
Do you wear Nail Polish? - Yes!!! 😆
Which brands of Nail Polish do you use? revlon, maybelline 😊
Is putting Nail Polish on your right hand hard (if your rigt handed)? - yes, very and takes me ages to not smudge and ruin!! 😆
Do you prefer dark colours or light colours? - light colours 😳 😛
Do you remove Nail Polish with a Remover or By itself? - remover if for school problems but usually itself unless i wanna put diff colour so i remove 😉
Sour Skittles thumbnail

Do you wear Nail Polish?

yes!

any...

veryyy hard!

light

remover

nice discussion!

-himani

DivyaD thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Aaah! Nails! Cool topic! Nail polish could say a lot about you - the colours you wear, whether its applied neatly, chipped, etc. My answers...

Do you wear Nail Polish?

Yep, Sometimes.

ummm... maybelline, revlon and mainly gel nails

nope... used to be, but now i am used to it, so its fine.

I prefer light colours, or rather no colour, clear or french. My nails are always in a gel french manicure. I love the manicures... they're neat.

Remover, but Gel nails have to be soaked off by a professional unless u have the kit... (which i don't)😆

.:Ashi:. thumbnail

Awesome topic😃 I lubbb nailpolish! Thankoo🤗

Do you wear Nail Polish? yes sometimes😛

Which brands of Nail Polish do you use? Maybelline, Revlon

yes! very hard! i have issues😆 the left one comes out perfect and the right one... well, lets not go there😉😆

both! actually it depends what its for and if it matches😳

sometimes i keep it on until it goes away, but if i want to change the color or something, i take it off with remover😛

Tips

Don't store polish in a warm place as the polish will change consistency.

Contrary to popular belief, it is a good idea to store it in the refrigerator.

~Ashi😳