•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago
Small screen's Gunjan Vijaya seems petrified of tinseltown!

TARUN NARAYAN

Telly actor Gunjan Vijaya doesn't sound too 'enthu' about getting into Bollywood. "I am not at all interested in doing films," she says — a view that runs contrary to the opinion held by the pretty belles of TV duniya. In fact, this Archita of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Khwahish of Kesar perceives the silver screen as a bit of a jigsaw. "In Bollywood, colleagues never lend you a helping hand. Everyone tries to outdo the other. You have to shed your clothes and get extremely cosy with the fellow actor. None of that sounds pretty exciting," she says. To Gunjan, TV offers a happy little world replete with camaraderie and emotional comfort. "In TV, seniors go out of their way in helping you do a better job. Anyday, it's a much safer medium.One doesn't see too much of ego hassles either." According to her, doing serials is several miles better than acting in a B-grade or a C-grade movie. What's more, having landed in Mumbai from Kolkata almost two years ago, today Gunjan has turned into an ardent Mumbaiite in every possible way. "My day gets equally divided between work and party," she says. "Even if given a chance I would never want to go to Cal," she adds. That doesn't mean this dainty 20-year old doesn't get home sick. "There are times when I want to seek some advice from my mother and that's when I miss home the most," she says. "I also miss my younger brother for whom I am like a mother. This Rakshabandhan, I wept heavily for not being able to spend time with my bro and parents in cal," she adds. Acting and theatre apart, this lass is also a shopaholic and a cook. "I shop so heavily that my cupboard began overflowing. With the result today my entire house is full of clothes and footwears," she says. Her culinary skills are best revealed when she serves up Aate ka Halwa. The entire cast in Kkyunki relish the Halwa that I fetch them. "Just awhile ago my colleagues have called me saying that they will be at my home to feast on some delicious halwas that I dole out," she sums up with a glint of pride.

Posted: 16 years ago
hey guess wat i got similar skirt da 1 shez got on (lol) it lukz da sam n e wayz tankz 4 sharin babigurl_jiyaxxx