Asian Shows

RANDOM RAMBLINGS

pj04 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

members ...to make this forum exciting we decided to have a blog type thread that will be renewed every week. you can post random thought , links, comments , news snippets , your informal commentary on shows you are watching, the good the bad and the ugly ...anything that you like as long as it is related to asian shows or stars in any way.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pj04 thumbnail

I just finished watching a few new shows and it suddenly struck me , what is with the height difference of the leads in these shows πŸ˜• . the romantic / intimate scenes are really hard to execute. 
      The hunks are all towering , most of them 6fts or above while the female leads seem to barely make 5ft line. everytime the guy gives the female a hug , it seems like an adult comforting a kid. at times i almost feel like shouting , please don't hurt her , she is a kid.  on the other hand even if they have female leads who are petite, how about using heelsπŸ˜‰.

whether it is ISWAK where joe chung towers ariel, or meteor garden and mars where jerry and vic are way taller than barbie , the trend seems to continue.even in the latest joe chung show summer x summer, he is taller than the female lead significantly.

that also reminds me , in a recent news , joe chung complained of severe back ache during the shooting of ISWAK 2. apparently the sequel has ample amount of romantic scenes(what do you expect, they are making up for the time they spent playing platonic relationship in part 1πŸ˜‰...besides they are supposed to be newly weds right😳😳), poor joe has to almost double up for every kiss and every hug with ariel and that is what led to the back acheπŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

while i sympathize with poor guy's plight , i guess it will be a given if he wishes to continue in this career.    

Edited by pj04 - 16 years ago
sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
yep definately see the height thing puja....i find it adorable actually lol...myself being petite i like tall guyz...its cute i guessπŸ˜• but i think the most height difference ive seen is between Joe and Ariel in ISWAK...its realllyyyy noticeable cause shes so small and hes huge..also Mike He and Rainie in DBY....hmmm whut else.....wu zun is tall and ella is really short lol so they made an uneven couple in Hana Kimi
pj04 thumbnail
normally i too find it cute but here the difference is so huge specially in iswak that it is amazing and awkward, wasn't so bad in hanakimi and dby though. even in hyd hanazawa rui is quite tall while makino is very short. i normally don't have an issue but every hug looks like bear hug and as i said those liplocks must be a torture for these guys. even in summer x summer the difference is huge ,maybe more than iswak.
Raiinie2 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Awww really i knda find the Tall guy and Short girl hug/kiss.Quite cute!Like KHush said me being quite Petite 😳 do find TALL guys cute πŸ˜†
buh ya i do get the towering feeling in ISWAK wiv Joe/Arial.Esp when Arial is likee soooooo skiny.its like as if Joe is goint to squashhhh hurr πŸ˜† πŸ˜†Bless.Cant wait fo sept for ISWAK 2.Meee soo happyyy!!
Sand thumbnail
Lols, I know what you mean by the height difference -- they have it in Summer X Summer too!

Oh, I just finished watching a J movie & it had the total opposite -- tall girl who falls for a short guy πŸ˜† It was sooooo kawaiiiii!! She called him "shorty" & he called her "beanstalk". I recommend it if you just want a simple happy-go-lucky movie -- title is "Lovely Complex"
Raiinie2 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
oooo.sounds sweeet! OKay Sand im on it- 'Lovely Complex' πŸ˜†
Sand thumbnail

Originally posted by: raiinie

oooo.sounds sweeet! OKay Sand im on it- 'Lovely Complex' πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† Sure! If you have trouble finding it, try Veoh, that's where I watched it. Apparently they have an anime version too so look for the movie. You'll like it! I hope πŸ˜†

tiki5434 thumbnail

Yayy!!! MOVIEEEE!!! will have to check that one out too.. at some point..
Sand thumbnail

Edit: Top 7 things that appear almost always on K & T dramas:

1. A shower scene - the main leads just have to take a shower or soak in the bathtub & they just have to show it, for reasons unknown to mankind πŸ˜†

2. The main female and/or male telling each other - "Do you want to die?" or "I'll kill you." Apparently that's the new way to express their undying love to one another πŸ˜†

3. They must sing karaoke & that too in a very ear wrenching way πŸ˜†

4. They must at all cost give each other a piggyback ride πŸ˜† - Either the girl is too drunk, the girl injures herself, or the guy just wants to get closer πŸ˜‰

5. The best way to hook-up with someone - catch them offguard by suddenly kissing them 😳!

6. The favourite motto of almost all couples - "Fighting!!" πŸ˜†

7. They must have nosebleeds!! -  A series/movie is incomplete without a nosebleed! Heck, they nosebleed even when they are just thinking!! πŸ˜†

Edited by Sand - 16 years ago