*dels* thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hello FriendsπŸ˜›

I know what's going on in your minds, yoo Earrings!!! I know! Earrings always adds extra beauty to your face. I don't like myself without the earrings, may be it's the same case with you guys!

You can get them  made out of any number of materials, including metal, plastic, glass, precious stones and beads.

Before we start discussing about it, here is a little something.....

Ear piercing is one of the oldest known forms of body modification, with artistic and written references from cultures around the world dating back to early history. Earrings are worn around the world in most cultures, both currently and historically. In many cultures, it is common to pierce the ears of young girls soon after birth.

Pierced ears were popular in the United States through the early 1920s, then fell into disfavour among women due to the rising popularity of clip-on earrings. There continued to be a small male following, however, particularly among sailors, where a pierced earlobe often meant that the wearer had sailed around the world or had crossed the equator. In rare instances, a pierced left earlobe could indicate a sailor's survival of a ship wreck.

In southern India, most children, both boys and girls, will get their ears pierced in religious ceremony before they are about 5 years old. Infants may get their ears pierced as early as seven months.

Multiple piercings in one or both ears first emerged in mainstream America in the 1970s. Initially, the trend was for females to wear a second set of earrings in the earlobes, or for males to double-pierce a single earlobe.

Below  are the different types of earrings in order - Stud earrings, Hoop earrings, Dangle earrings, Huggy earrings, Slave earrings, Ear Thread and Ear needles.

Here are some questions for you guys

Do you wear earrings ? (lame question?😳)
    Do you wear earrings that match your clothes or do you wear contrasting ones?
    What type of earrings do you wear?
    Earrings - perfect gift - Agreed?
  •  Suggestions or any comments always welcome

Cheers (aplogies to everyone, i was making a post for jokes section as well got confusedπŸ˜³πŸ˜†)

Fashion and Beauty Dev TeamπŸ˜†

Edited by *dels* - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bollycrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: *dels*

Do you wear earrings ? (lame question?😳) Yepp!! all the time! πŸ˜›

Do you wear earrings that match your clothes or do you wear contrasting ones? Usually matching! or any that look nice with what im wearing really! πŸ˜†

What type of earrings do you wear? well.. for school im only allowed to wear studs atm!  bt whenever i go out.. i wear dangly ones! love them! theyre sooo nice! and theres sooo many different styles u can get! 😳

Earrings - perfect gift - Agreed? definitely!! πŸ˜ƒ its something everyone can (and prob will) use! unless they dnt have their ears pierced! πŸ˜†

Suggestions or any comments always welcome awesome dotw dels!! jst one thing... FnB Dev team jaan! πŸ˜†

aisha92 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: FairyAngel

• Do you wear earrings ? (lame question?😳)
  • yup.......of cours

• Do you wear earrings that match your clothes or do you wear contrasting ones?
  • umm......i lik 2 match but sumtyms contrast 2πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

• What type of earrings do you wear?
  • i prefer to wear big big earings....but i cnt realy wear heavy ones 4 long cus my ears r kinda sensitiveπŸ˜†

• Earrings - perfect gift - Agreed?
  • yup...... i think so.....i'd be happy enough if sum1 gave me earrings......dat is if they r gud 1sπŸ˜†

• lyk everyone sed........its fashion n beautyπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

sania_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Do you wear earrings ? (lame question?😳)
    Of course😳
    Most of the time my earrings match my clothes.
    I love wearing long earrings.😳
    Yup!
     Suggestions or any comments always welcome
  • Awesome DOTW!
Edited by sania_12 - 16 years ago
*dels* thumbnail
Firstly, I am sorry for the mistake πŸ˜† I was making post for Jokes section as well and i got erm..confused 😳 πŸ˜†
sgill thumbnail
Do you wear earrings ? (lame question?)
Yes
Depends.. sometime matching with clothes and other times just generic ones
Long, Little, Dangling, Hoops all different kinds
Yes.. it could be a nice gift
Suggestions or any comments always welcome
DivyaD thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Hey Dels... and every1 else! 😳

Yep! And I love them! πŸ˜‰

Mostly matching... sometimes contrast... depepnds on the outfit though.

Mainly big dangly ones, very rarely studs...πŸ˜† I also love wearing the earrings from indian jewellry sets - it really offsets the simplicity of western suits and contrasts with the beauty of Indian handcraft!

Definitely agreed!... my friend called and asked me what i wanted for my bday... i said earrings! πŸ˜†

Cool topic Dels... once again! πŸ‘

ajeebhotum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
  • yes, I absolutly LOVE wearing earing!😳...and they are soo pretty now a days!πŸ˜›

• yes, I wear the ones that match my clothes, if it doesn't, I prolly won't wear it!πŸ˜›

• I'll wear any kind, but the hoops ones...I hate those!..idk why, but i just do!😳

• Definatly!πŸ˜›...but I always buy more than 1 pair, if its a gift!πŸ˜›

• Fabulous DOTW!😊

Love,

Rachna😊

marvelous.malks thumbnail

Do you wear earrings ? (lame question?)

not really.

I don't really match them, as long as they look decent.

Well if I wanna look simple, the studs are fine. I have a very big collection of the really heavy kinds though.

Yes, yes!

Awesome DOTW! πŸ‘
    -Srishty- thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
    Originally posted by: *dels*

Yes, I love earrings
    Most of the time matching earrings but also contrasting ones, I think it depends on the outfit
    Again it depends on the outfit if it is a heavy one stud earrings...
    I wear all types of earrings besides the hoop earrings.
    I love the dangle ones.
    Def but if I want to give earrings as gift I will buy other thing too as earrings are not much expensive.

Great DOTWπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Keep it upπŸ‘πŸΌ