India's Best - Cinestars Ki Khoj

Mohit Chadda gets a Big Break!!

smallwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 years ago

Big break...

Mohit Chaddha, finalist of an acting talent hunt show is all set to romance Tara Sharma in Dulha Mil Gaya

Back to Section Stories Posted On Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Kavita Shyam

Mohit Chaddha, finalist of Zee Cinestars Ki Khoj has hit the jackpot. The budding actor has bagged a meaty role opposite Tara Sharma in Viveck Vaswani's Dulha Mil Gaya. Mohit has been assisting Viveck Vaswani for the past two years in his production work.

Mohit Chaddha
The actor from Delhi has done a few forgettable films down South and has been trying his luck in Hindi films. The film will be Mohit's first major break in Bollywood where he will be seen romancing Tara Sharma.

Dulha Mil Gaya is jointly produced by Viveck's Insight Productions and Anuj Saxena's Maverick Entertainment.

Currently the unit of Dulha Mil Gaya is shooting in Port of Spain, Trinidad till mid June. Speaking to us from Port of Spain Mohit said, "I have an outstanding role. It is a dream for any new comer to be launched like this. I get to share the screen space with Shahrukh Khan besides I also get to work with the best producer and director in town. It's a complete delight to work with such talented actors. I cannot divulge many details about my role as I am under a contract. All I can say is that I play a positive and fun character. My character will surely make people laugh throughout the film!"

Tara Sharma
Mohit has got along famously with the rest of the cast and crew which includes Shahrukh Khan, Sushmita Sen, Fardeen Khan and Tara Sharma.

Adds Mohit, "I am so grateful to Viveck for giving me a huge platform. Thanks to his training I have a good knowledge of films!"

Interestingly, while Mohit is all set to step into Bollywood his brother Rahul Chaddha is working for Amir Khan's Kajri (Hindi remake of the Tamil film Ghajini). 

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article& amp;sectid=12&contentid=20070522023146671996dccb

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smallwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

'Dulha Mil Gaya' – the official story 
  By Taran Adarsh, May 18, 2007 - 07:23 IST
  Producer Viveck Vaswani is upset with a section of the media. And rightly so! "I have been away from Mumbai for more than a month now, filming the second and most difficult schedule of my new film DULHA MIL GAYA – SAY YES TO A RELATIONSHIP! and while I have been away, I am hearing the most ridiculous stories about the film," he states in the email to this writer.

So let's get the facts straight from the producer's mouth…

THE BRIAN LARA ISSUE:
"Too much has been said and written on this issue. Every Tom, Dick and Harry in the industry seems to have an idea, opinion or inside info on whether Mr. Brian Lara is doing D.M.G. or not. The simple truth is that we do have a small cameo for Mr. Lara. I am personally in touch with his representatives in London. I have not received an answer from them and so, until there is a positive feedback, the truth is that even I do not know whether Mr. Lara will do my film or not. When will he shoot, what will be the terms etc. are also not known to me."

THE ANUJ SAXENA ISSUE:
"He is my friend and is presenting the film for me. He is NOT the producer. His company, Maverick Entertainment and my company, Insight Productions are the joint negative owners of the film EQUALLY. However, I am the sole, only and complete producer of the film."

THE SHAH RUKH KHAN ISSUE:
"Shah Rukh is a personal friend and is doing this film as a gesture only for me. His words were, 'I do not need to know anything else, except the fact that you are the producer. Take as many days as you wish, make me wear whatever you want, I am doing this film.' He has already shot for the film and has done outstanding work. Over and above this, he has 14 days work left, including one song and portions on a cruise, and his climax left, which he will shoot in July. He is paired opposite Sushmita Sen in the film. If this much work in a film is a 'cameo', then maybe I do not know English."

THE CAST
"Like I have just stated, Shah Rukh Khan acts in the film opposite Sushmita Sen and Fardeen Khan is opposite a new girl, who is right now under wraps, so that she can be presented at the right time. Mohit Chadda, finalist of 'Zee Cinestars Ki Khoj', acts opposite Tara Sharma. Apart from these three lead pairs, the film stars Johny Lever, Viveck Vaswani, Suchitra Pillai, Howard Rosemeyer, Bina Kak and a small cameo, as a friendly gesture, from pop singer Anushka, who has sung three songs in the film. All rumors about any other actors in the film ARE FALSE AND MALICIOUS."

Anu4u thumbnail
OOOhhhh....i'm so happy for him, i love the guy, sad that it took so long for him to get a good break...but better late then never.....god bless him 😊

~*!Ripi!*~ thumbnail
finally.....he needs a break..
plus he's so hot
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
wow!! first Yuvika and now Mohit..they were the 2 participants i wanted to see in Bollywood..and now its coming true!!!

all the best to both of them πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰ 😳
ta33 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
congratulations to him!!
he deserves it 😊
Princess_Ameera thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow gr8 newz thanx good luck to mohit N yuvika πŸ‘