MODS: PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD!

Posted: 16 years ago

Hello all SRK'ians and welcome to part eleven of:

😃 THE KINGDOM OF KOMPLETE KHAN-NESS! 😃

The place to express your love, support and respect for King Khan! 😳

All fans are welcome! 😉

TO JOIN:  Simply introduce yourself and tell us what you 'most' adore about Shahrukh!

MEMBERS LIST:

srk_preity_kajo (Zaara)

doly_455 (Doly)

amna_malik (Amna)

lilyrose (Ambreen)

teen_indiausa (Pari)

sweet_kp (Khair)

Reema_J (Reema)

Niya

Mink's Pink

diyafan

Tansha

ayeshag

tangina r (Tang)

~rahul ki rani~ (Dayeeta)

vinit_fan

ani11 (Anita)

blue rose (Ayesha)

indiandoll89 (Meera)

coolgirl249

white rose (Uzi)

sus143 (Suzi)

nandipandi15

jenny1000

~Roses_95~

Affi

kyph03

maro.afg

fariha17

laney

Muqualp

jassie_17

coolsonu

sidsk

prajakta567

mehroo123

Gujji_babe

tiya1

bubblezz (Shelly)

Fashion_2005 (Sabeena)

Melvee

*kuch na kaho*

bollyfan

pakiza_srk

love srk

ruqia

fizzwizz

bollycrazy

*simran*

luvneet

bewafa (Ena)

4evaemmi2

Jatt_Kudi

xmuqix

adorablegurl

the_charm (Ghungroo)

I luv Shamit (Anna)

remizrulz (Priyaa)

*jaanu* (Nilam)

srk_biggest_fan

paki_gal420

GIU*SRK*

I_luv_srk (Sia)

CURRENT EVENTS:

DOTW (Discussion of the Week) - We will have weekly discussions on different topics and/or issues regarding Shah Rukh Khan.  There will not be any prizes/awards based on this segment; it is now just a participation discussion! 😊  

This week's discussion question:  

Which do you prefer, SRK in movies, or SRK as the host of KBC?! Why?! If SRK decided that he'll continue only one of either for the next year... which would you want him to choose and why?! If he was basing his decision on what his fans most wanted, what would you tell him or how would you persuade him to select the option that is your choice?!

*Discussion ends: May 31, 2007!*

COTW (Contest of the Week) - King Khan's Krossword!

Winners will be presented soon... once again, I apologize for the extreme delay!

A new COTW is comin' towards you SOON!

Games - Guess the movie!

*In this game, all you have to do is post any part of a song from any movie that SRK has been in (not necessarily starred in) and the next member has to guess which movie that song is from! Usually... antaras (verses) of the song are posted so it is slightly more challenging but it is entirely your decision! 😃 [Remember... if you answer, you must also post the following clue]!

*ALL songs posted must be from an SRK film! 😃

MOM (Member of the Month) We have been selecting MOM's for our club based on participation and activeness in the club! 

Current MOM (May): love srk!

👏 *CONGRATULATIONS* 👏

*C'mon members... get to grillin', there is a lot we can know about her!

PARTYComin' soon! 😉

*NOTE: If you are posting articles, photographs, etc., please make sure that another member has not already posted the same material! Sometimes there are repeats!  It's only natural to not realize or notice, but if and when you do... please kindly edit your post! 😊

Edited by Reema_J - 16 years ago
First of all, a big congrats to ALL SRK'ians on part 11! 😃

I'll start the game with the first clue:

Jitni thi khushiyaan, sab kho chuki hain
Bas ek gham hai ke, jaata nahin
Samjhaa ke dekha, behelaa ke dekha
Dil hai ke chain isko, aata nahin
Aansoon hain, ke hain angaaray
Aag hai ab aankhon se behna...
Congrats all Srkians 👏

This week's discussion question:

Which do you prefer, SRK in movies, or SRK as the host of KBC?! Why?! If SRK decided that he'll continue only one of either for the next year... which would you want him to choose and why?! If he was basing his decision on what his fans most wanted, what would you tell him or how would you persuade him to select the option that is your choice?!

I prefer srk in both. I loved srk in kbc 3 and also can't wait for his upcoming movies Chak de india, Dulha mil gaya and OSO. I will never tell him to quit movies or kbc 3. I want him to continue both. He can give time to both. When i go to cinema to watch indian movies, i really miss srk movies, it has been 7 months since don released. I am eager to watch CDI.
Shah Rukh: Yeh vaada raha

By: Upala KBR
May 23, 2007

Film writer Anupama Chopra, who has written books like Dilwale Dulhaniyan Le Jayenge (The Bravehearted Will Take The Bride) and Sholay:

The Making Of A Classic, is all set to release her next book on the life of Shah Rukh Khan.

But what makes her four-year project pleasant is a promise that SRK made to her four years ago — and kept!

Portrait of B-Town

Chopra, who will be releasing her book, King of Bollywood — Shah Rukh Khan and the Seductive World of Indian Cinema on September 8, says, "When I started writing it four years ago, he promised that he wouldn't release his autobiography until after I had released my book.

It was very gracious of him. I'm sure when he made that promise he had no idea I would take four years to write it. His could've released his autobiography three years ago!"

Anupama says Shah Rukh started writing his autobiography much before she started hers.

"In fact, he had finished more than half his book when asked me to read it to ensure our topics weren't repeated in both books. But both are different.

While Shah Rukh's is emotional and moving, mine is a portrait of Bollywood through Shah Rukh's life and films.

Also, mine will be India's first book to be released by a mainstream American publisher (Grant Central Publishing) and will be released for American readers as well," says Anupama.

Mellow man

When she first told Shah Rukh about her book, his reaction wasn't encouraging. "He said, 'I don't deserve that much attention.' It took a bit of convincing and then he was fine."

Anupama, who is married to filmmaker Vidhu Vinod Chopra, has known Shah Rukh since the time she went to interview him while he was shooting for Yes Boss in 1996. "It was my first interview with Shah Rukh."

Has he changed much as a person since? Says Anupama, "It would be presumptuous of me to comment as I don't know him deeply, but yes, I find him more mellow today. There is a calmness about him but he still has that unflagging energy."

While Shah Rukh has skimmed through a copy of King of Bollywood and liked it, husband Vidhu has read the entire book. "He liked it too. But I don't think we can ever be objective about each other's work!"

King of Bollywood — Shah Rukh Khan and the Seductive World of Indian Cinema

The book reveals how Shah Rukh Khan, a middle-class Muslim boy from Delhi, broke into the insular, nepotistic world of Bombay's show business and emerged a superstar.

His larger-than-life tale takes us through the colourful and idiosyncratic Bollywood movie industry, where fantastic dreams and outrageous obsessions share the spotlight with extortion, murder and corruption.

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/may/157908.htm
Shah Rukh Khan may star in a Rajkumar Hirani film

22nd May 2007 09.01 IST
By ApunKaChoice

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan may star in a film by Rajkumar Hirani who made the fabulous Munnabhai series with Sanjay Dutt – Munnabhai MBBS and Lage Raho Munnabhai .

Reports are that SRK is going to star in Hirani's upcoming comedy that'll take a look at the education system.

The duo seems to have come back to square one. After all, SRK was Hirani's first choice to play the lovable gangster Munnabhai but the King Khan backed out because of his back problems.

Further details on the project are awaited.

Meanwhile, SRK is on the lookout for something grand that goes with his self proclaimed status of Badshah of Bollywood.

SRK recently saw the vanity van that actor-architect-designer Ritesh Deshmukh designed for himself. Smitten by it, he has asked Ritesh to design one for him too at a cost of Rs 80 Lakhs.

"Ritesh's van is considered the best in Bollywood. He is an architect himself and is fond of cars," reported a newspaper.

"Shah Rukh's van will be steel grey in color and the interiors will sport a leather finish. Ritesh will work out the color scheme, which is red and white. SRK wants a 50-inch plasma TV inside his van along with five Bose speakers. It will have mini kitchen with a microwave and other cooking appliances.

"There will be a wardrobe and a shoe rack. The guest corner will entertain media and other visitors. It will have water enough for 24 hours and a library of selected books."

Friends have suggested that the signature of SRK should appear on the back of the van, but SRK has not responded to this request as yet.

Seems like made to order vanity vans are fast becoming symbolic of a star's pecking order in Bollywood.

http://apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/20070522-0.html
Lets add another game. One member will post a news related to srk only and other person has to mention Fact/Reality or Rumour/Fiction. Let me start the Game

Srk is married to Gauri.
Not Aamir, not SRK

By Taran Adarsh, May 23, 2007 - 05:38 IST

From Shah Rukh Khan to Aamir Khan. Aziz Mirza's son Haroon Mirza is said to have changed camps. Reportedly, his directorial debut will star Aamir and Shahid Kapoor in pivotal roles. "No, not true at all. Where's all this coming from?" Haroon sounds amused.

True or false? "False completely. Sure, I have spoken to Tips for a film, but I haven't even spoken to Aamir. I really don't understand how this originated in the first place," he sets the record straight. What's happening to the project with SRK? "He doesn't have time. I've put that script on the backburner. I hope to make it some day though," he says.

http://indiafm.com/news/2007/05/23/9451/index.html
SRK And The Munnabhai Man

By Krishna Jewel, AllBollywood.com Staff
May 21, 2007

While Sanjay Dutt will remain our favourite Munnabhai, Shah Rukh is teaming up with the man behind Munnabhai, filmmaker Raj Kumar Hirani.

Reports have it that King Khan is to star in Hirani's upcoming comedy that will take a look at the education system.

It seems the duo have returned to square one. Shah Rukh was Hirani's first choice to play our lovable Gangster Munnabhai. SRK declined due to his back problems. However, he has always maintained that Sanjay was perfect for the role.

If the reports are to be believed, it looks like Harani got his man in the end.

http://www.allbollywood.com/v2/bd/stc/nws/2007/5/21/23890.sh tml
King's Biography!!

[23 May 2007>

Shah Rukh Khan, the Badshah of Bollywood, will soon have a full book ' King of Bollywood—Shah Rukh Khan and the Seductive World of Indian Cinema' devoted on his life and times in bollywood by the renowned film writer Anupama Chopra. The book will trace the journey of a middle class Muslim boy from Delhi to the super stardom of bollywood beating the nepotism and insular ways of the show business. The book is due for release on September 8 by an American publisher.

As Anupama Chopra says, ' My book is a portrait of Bollywood through Shah Rukh Khan's life and films. Also mine will be India's first book to be released by a mainstream American publisher (Grant Central Publishing) and will be released for American readers as well. My first direct interaction with Shah Rukh was an interview with him in 1996 during the shooting of Yes Boss. It would be presumptuous of me to comment as I don't know him deeply, but yes, I find him mellower today. There is calmness about him but he still has that unflagging energy.'

It took Anupama Chopra almost four years to complete the book about Shah Rukh and during this time the King Khan kept patience and waited her to release her book first. In fact, when Anupama was going to start her project, S RK too was writing an autobiography detailing his struggles and times and had even half finished that but did not publish due to Anupama's book. And now he will publish his own book only after her biography has done its share of business.

However, both the books are different and have been written with a different outlook and methodology. While Anupama's book is more of an analytical study, Shah Rukh's autobiography is more of an emotional response to his environment and bollywood's cut throat ways in general. His book will deal with personal rivalries, friendships, equations after becoming a superstar of bollywood

It may be recalled that Shah Rukh Khan's wax statue has already found a place among the world celebrities at Madame Tussauds museum in London and now this biography is a further testimony of the soaring popularity of the King Khan. Big B, listening??

http://magnamags.com/magna_stardust/node/1184
Hey everyone congrates on part 11 we srkins are really fast 😳

and btw nice games Reema dii and Beena dii but don't know which one shall we play 😆 😆 😃