1 t. dry basil, crushed, or 2 t. chopped fresh basil
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. cayenne pepper, or to taste
1/2 C. low-sodium, no-fat chicken broth
1/3 C. dry white wine
1/3 C. finely sliced green onions
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
9 oz. fresh linguini, cooked according to package directions

Heat oil in a large, heavy, nonstick skillet or wok. Add the chicken and saute until opaque and nearly done. Remove and set aside to keep warm.

Add carrots, broccoli and garlic to drippings still in skillet and saute briefly.
Add dry basil now, with salt, cayenne and chicken stock. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-but-tender.

Add wine and green onion. Saute briefly. Return chicken to pan and heat through. If using fresh basil, stir it in now.

Toss the chicken mixture with noodles and pass the Parmesan.
Jasmine... thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
hey can ne1 temme the recipe of making cheese tomato??my  mom loves it and i wanna surprise her...plz help.😜
veenab thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Can Extra virgin olive oil be used for indian cooking (sauteing, curies, frying) ?
sammukh thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
please let me know how to make  'WHIPPED COFFEE'????
-Krupa- thumbnail
Well, I've had Aloo ka Paratha once in my life, when I went to India & I loved them! & my Aunt made it..my dad hates it, so my mom hasn't made them for over 15 years..& so she forgot..& she doesn't know the recipe..so can someone post one?
l0vey thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Advice & Answers
Originally posted by: Cute_Angel...

can sum1 tell me how to make pasta??

Iram

hey there, uhmm this is the way i make my pasta. take a pound of any type of spgaghetti or pasta. [usually just a pack].
boil according to the packet. usually like 10 minutes. and make sure to salt the boiling water. it flavors the pasta.
strain the pasta once it is done.
in a seperate pan. take any jar of your fav. spaghetti sauce. i use traditional prego sauce.
you could add any veggies if you'd like.
warm the sauce.. and add a handful of mozzerella cheese till it melts.. stir.
add the pasta..
and blend it all
if you'd like. add some parmesan cheese on top. but you don't have to.
:) enjoy.

Originally posted by: veenab

Can Extra virgin olive oil be used for indian cooking (sauteing, curies, frying) ?

lol yeah. olive oil is expensive.. sooo we don't use it in our indian dishes.. we use it for our other dishes.
buut extra virgin olive oil is a fruity type of oil. stick to just regular olive oil.

Originally posted by: sammukh

please let me know how to make  'WHIPPED COFFEE'????

are you talking about cold coffee? .. causee. for about 2 cups:
i take just regular ground coffee [any]. i take a spoon of it and put it into a cup.
in the cup, i put a spoon of milk and stir it till the coffee is now mixed in. all lumps gone.
then i fill the glass with milk (8 oz)
put that into a blender with a cup of ice as well. crushed ice.
then put a spoon.. or even 2.. or even 3. (it depends on how much you want)
and blend.
it becomes a thicky, frothy, cold coffee.

i drink this like all the time.
hope it helps. :)

Originally posted by: cool_pak

what dose this mean plz anyone tell me long-grain rice?

i mean is this any type of noodles or any type of rice
😭

yeah, it's just long rice. cause rice comes small... and big.

Originally posted by: B.Desai

can anyaone give the recipe of a snack wich is high in fibre and includes the method of coking as frying n stewing.................plizzzzzzzzzz

i was actually going to suggest Tabouleh. till you said "frying n stewing" cause it's none of that.

but this dish is yummy and veeerrrryyy high in fiber. bulger <-- the main ingredient is soo high in fiber. it's a grain .. like rice.
if you're still interested, heres the recipe:

Originally posted by: -Krupa-

Well, I've had Aloo ka Paratha once in my life, when I went to India & I loved them! & my Aunt made it..my dad hates it, so my mom hasn't made them for over 15 years..& so she forgot..& she doesn't know the recipe..so can someone post one?

here's a recipe i found:

boil, peel, and mash:
3 large potatoes (about 3 cups)
Add:
3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
3 Tablespoons fresh coriander leaves (cilantro), finely chopped
1 1/2 Tablespoons cumin/coriander powder
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon garam masala
1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper powder, or to taste

the rest would be in this link: http://www.ivcooking.com/p269_75.php

i gave this link because the stuffing is sort of the way my grandma makes it. she also adds green chili's and sometimes even some ginger. you could all substitute things in & out if you'd like :)
Edited by xl0ve - 15 years ago
swatinarang thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
please help me out with making "bhatooras" i know cholas but not bhatooras
l0vey thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: swatinarang

please help me out with making "bhatooras" i know cholas but not bhatooras

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 tsp baking powder / or yeast.
    1 cup yoghurt
    3/4 tsp salt
    Vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil for deep frying
  • (my grandma puts a little bit of jeera in the dough as well.)

Preparation:

Put the flour, baking powder, salt and yogurt in a large mixing bowl. Wash your hands well and dry thoroughly.
    Mix the ingredients together by hand and knead till a smooth dough is formed. Cover with cling film and keep in a warm, dark place for 5-6 hours at least.
    After 5-6 hours, the dough will have risen and become fluffy. Remove the cling film and punch the dough to remove extra air from it. Knead again till the dough is smooth and elastic.
    Divide the dough into several equal-sized balls.
    Set up the cooking oil to heat, in a large, deep pan, on medium heat. Also prepare a plate or large bowl to place the cooked Bhaturas for draining, by lining it with paper towels.
    Lightly flour a clean, dry rolling surface and place one ball on it. Roll out into a circular shape of 6" diameter. You could also roll the ball into a long oval shape of the same size.
    To test if the oil is hot, drop a small ball of dough into it. If the ball quickly rises to the surface oil the oil and sizzles, the oil is ready.
    Once the oil has reached the correct temperature, add a rolled-out Bhatura to it gently, to avoid splashing hot oil. In 5-7 seconds, turn gently with a slotted spoon. Wait another 5-7 seconds and press gently in the center of the Bhatura with the slotted spoon. This will cause tit to puff up like a ball! Keep frying and turning gently till both sides are golden. Drain and remove from oil when done and keep in bowl/ plate on paper towels.
  • Serve piping hot with Chole!

i chose this one as it is the most similar one to the kind we make at home; which are delicious. so i thought i'd give you the same kind. i got this recipe from this following link:

http://indianfood.about.com/od/breadrecipes/r/bhatura.htm

i hope this helped. 😊

Edited by xl0ve - 15 years ago
swatinarang thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: xl0ve

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 tsp baking powder / or yeast.
    1 cup yoghurt
    3/4 tsp salt
    Vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil for deep frying
  • (my grandma puts a little bit of jeera in the dough as well.)

Preparation:

Put the flour, baking powder, salt and yogurt in a large mixing bowl. Wash your hands well and dry thoroughly.
    Mix the ingredients together by hand and knead till a smooth dough is formed. Cover with cling film and keep in a warm, dark place for 5-6 hours at least.
    After 5-6 hours, the dough will have risen and become fluffy. Remove the cling film and punch the dough to remove extra air from it. Knead again till the dough is smooth and elastic.
    Divide the dough into several equal-sized balls.
    Set up the cooking oil to heat, in a large, deep pan, on medium heat. Also prepare a plate or large bowl to place the cooked Bhaturas for draining, by lining it with paper towels.
    Lightly flour a clean, dry rolling surface and place one ball on it. Roll out into a circular shape of 6" diameter. You could also roll the ball into a long oval shape of the same size.
    To test if the oil is hot, drop a small ball of dough into it. If the ball quickly rises to the surface oil the oil and sizzles, the oil is ready.
    Once the oil has reached the correct temperature, add a rolled-out Bhatura to it gently, to avoid splashing hot oil. In 5-7 seconds, turn gently with a slotted spoon. Wait another 5-7 seconds and press gently in the center of the Bhatura with the slotted spoon. This will cause tit to puff up like a ball! Keep frying and turning gently till both sides are golden. Drain and remove from oil when done and keep in bowl/ plate on paper towels.
  • Serve piping hot with Chole!

i chose this one as it is the most similar one to the kind we make at home; which are delicious. so i thought i'd give you the same kind. i got this recipe from this following link:

http://indianfood.about.com/od/breadrecipes/r/bhatura.htm

i hope this helped. 😊

thanks a lot dear, will definitely try this on weekendπŸ˜ƒ
jehan_nz thumbnail
Hi, does anyone know what limrie leaves are? I want to make a chutney or sauce for samosas and the recipe asks for limrie leaves?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Jehan