Ask the chef, ask now - Page 5

Posted: 16 years ago

Ingredients:

$50 Hamburger

• 2 handful of wild mushrooms (Morel, Chanterelle, Shitake, etc), sliced into 1/4-inch strips
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp fresh thyme, stemmed
  • 1 1/2 oz cognac
  • salt and pepper
  • 3 oz foie gras, divided into 4 equal pieces
  • 2 lb. top quality hamburger
  • 1 x truffle (the mushroom version, not chocolate!), or 1 ounce truffle oil
  • 4 x freshly baked hamburger buns
  • 4 tbsp mayonnaise, ideally homemade
  • 1 handful baby herb salad, or chervil, or arugula

Directions:

$50 Hamburger

1. In a saut pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms and thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Saut for 10 minutes.
  2. Add cognac, let warm for 5 seconds and touch with a match to flamb. After flames die off, remove from heat and reserve.
  3. In a separate saut pan over high heat, add 1 piece of foie gras at a time. Sear on one side for 5 seconds, turn, then remove a few seconds later. Reserve.
  4. Season hamburger with salt and pepper. Divide into 4 eight-ounce mounds with a large indentation in the center of each mound. Place one piece of seared foie gras in the center of each mound and form a patty around the foie gras so that it is trapped in the middle.
  5. Grill or pan cook patties to your desired degree of doneness.
  6. Warm buns, then smear bottom half with mayonnaise, top with greens, add burger, top with wild mushrooms, shave a few truffle slices overtop (or drizzle with truffle oil), and serve. Go directly to hamburger heaven.
Hi
Can sum1 pls help me wid a recipe. I dont knw d name of it, bt we usualy see it on tv. Its round and in syrup n looks sweet but when u eat it, its burns d mouth. I realy dont knw d name of it. But i saw it recently in d promo of Salam Zindgi. The main girl was eating it. Hope my message makes sense.
Originally posted by Reddrose

Hi
Can sum1 pls help me wid a recipe. I dont knw d name of it, bt we usualy see it on tv. Its round and in syrup n looks sweet but when u eat it, its burns d mouth. I realy dont knw d name of it. But i saw it recently in d promo of Salam Zindgi. The main girl was eating it. Hope my message makes sense.

sorry dunno

if u find name then will try 2 help u😳😊
does ne1 kno how to make..

LASSAN KA LADOO ??????

Originally posted by miss5stars

does ne1 kno how to make..

LASSAN KA LADOO ??????

u mean green one?😳

Originally posted by nidhi2013

u mean green one?😳

idk πŸ˜† i want to make it for my mom one day while shes at work cuz she luvs them soo much well all i kno is tht there in a ball shape nd the color is kinda greenish but not rele lol

lassan meaning garlic

Originally posted by miss5stars

idk πŸ˜† i want to make it for my mom one day while shes at work cuz she luvs them soo much well all i kno is tht there in a ball shape nd the color is kinda greenish but not rele lol

lassan meaning garlic

i knw lassan is garlicπŸ˜†

i m pming 😳
hey can anyone give me the hawaain pizza or any yummy pizza recipe

here is Hawaiin Pizza recipe πŸ˜›

Ingredients
1 c. warm water
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. oil
1 pkg. Quick rise yeast
1/4 tsp. salt
3 c. flour (approx.)
1 jar pizza sauce
2 cans pineapple (crushed or chunks)
1 pkg. sliced ham or Canadian bacon
3 c. mozzarella cheese

Method
Put yeast into medium size bowl. Add 1 cup warm water. Mix well. Add sugar, oil and salt. Stir. Add flour until dough holds a ball shape. Turn out on floured surface and knead for 8 minutes.

Divide in 2, cover with a towel and let stand in a warm place for 5-15 minutes. Prepare 2 pizza pans with oil and flour. Roll out dough (add flour when it gets sticky) and put on pizza pans. Add sauce and toppings onto dough. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

here is honey potato recipe πŸ˜›

Ingredients
2 1/4 pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams), peeled, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 7 cups)
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

Method
Preheat oven to 350F. Arrange sweet potatoes in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Stir butter, honey, and lemon juice in small saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Pour butter mixture over sweet potatoes; toss to coat. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Bake sweet potatoes until tender when pierced with skewer, stirring and turning occasionally, about 50 minutes.