One more TV award - Anuj Saxena

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

One more TV award

Actor Anuj Saxena launches an international TV award. People across the border will get to vote via the Internet. Do we really need another one?

Back to Section Stories Posted On Sunday, June 03, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Renu Bhatnagar

It all started with Indian Television Academy Awards, followed by Indian Telly Awards. Sansui too wanted the slice of the TV-Award-cake. Three awards, it seems did not give the TV industry enough boost. Now actor Anuj Saxena, whose Elder Pharmaceuticals bagged the sponsorship of the most celebrated Filmfare Awards, is launching another TV award. Is there really a place for another award? Says the maverick actor Anuj, "Being a part of the entertainment industry as an actor and producer it is a natural progression to grow in areas which offer new opportunities. I am a businessman and I found an opportunity and scope."

Anuj Saxena

In partnership with Kamal Dandona, organiser of the Bollywood Awards in New York, Anuj is all set to take the awards to Atlantic city by September end or the first week of October, just before the Navratri frenzy hits the tellyland. Speaking about the USP of his awards Anuj says, "Although television as a medium has grown by leaps and bounds and Indian shows have huge fans following abroad, TV awards have never been taken abroad. These are going to be international awards and I'm taking Indian television to a global level. I will make these awards exclusive and limit the audience. It will not be a mela…!"

Doctor-businessman-actor-CEO of a production house (Maverick)-restaurateur... phew! This must be one restless soul! Currently Anuj Saxena is concentrating on the film Dulha Mil Gaya starring Sushmita Sen, Shahrukh Khan, Fardeen Khan and debutant Ishitta Sharma.

Where does he get the energy to do so much? "It's the desire to be different; to leave behind a legacy and hopefully make a positive difference. I am passionate about my life and work and utilize my time diligently. I do what I love and love what I do."

Still working on the nitty-gritty and other details of the award Anuj said that it was too early to reveal details at this moment.

Source:  MumbaiMirror.com

Moderator's Note:
Edited by mod to provide source info. 

Edited by Kimi_dost - 16 years ago
wow lucky guy
thanks for sharing πŸ‘
awesome newzz...tfs πŸ‘
tfs.....obviously great news for him!

but i just feel like he's going into too many things too fast ...just my 2 cents though 😳

dont kill me kimbo πŸ˜›

~dj