iswak ..synopsis and character sketch

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

IT STARTED WITH A KISS

FOREWORD:

iswak is one of the most popular taiwanese show and is one of my favs , i simply never get bored of it. it boasts of a stellar cast including joe cheng ( average looking but critically acclaimed actor) , ariel lin and jiro (band member of farenheit, check out our spot on star section).The show is based on popular shouje manga "itazura na kiss" . It is said the manga is based on writer's personal life story.this show covers first 10 volumes of manga, the highly awaited sequel (estimated to air in late 2007 or early 2008) covers rest of the 12 volumes. there is also a japanese version with a much more cuter cast , but for once taiwanese version has managed to beat the jap version.

SYNOPSIS:

Xiang Qin is a clumsy and academically challenged high school student , during her freshman orientation she sees zhi shu and falls hopelessly in love with him . After silently loving him for two years from afar, XQ finally gathers courage and gives zhi shu a love letter. Zhi shu not only rejects her but also chides her publically making her laughing stock of school.To add insult to injury , XQ's house is destroyed in an earthquake and she ends up becoming a house guest at zhi shu's house. Zhi shu's parents and XQ's father are best friends. ZS's mother takes one look at XQ and decides that she is perfect for zhi shu .Meanwhile another classmate of XQ , ah jin is crazy about her and would do anything to win her.The story spans next 3 turbulent years with zhi shu''s mother trying to bring them together. Will zhi shu ever love her back? will her XQ's devotion and determination be enough to melt zhi shu's heart?

CHARACTER SKETCH

JIANG ZHI SHU :

Zhi shu is not only rich and handsome, but also a star student with an IQ of 200. he is also a star athlete. There is in fact nothing that he cannot do with perfection.He is however an extremely cold , indifferent, logical , observant and introvert person . He has no interest in having a girlfriend or in matters of heart. Xiang qin brings unexpectedness and new challenges in his life. He is saddled by a wily mother who constantly tries to control his lovelife by pushing him towards xiang qin and a father who tries to control his career choices.For some odd reason , he loses his stoic calm demeanor when she is around and alternates between being mean/sarcastic and devilish( once he discovers that his physical nearness leaves her hyperventilating, he enjoys using that tactic to torture her). He is surprised by her determination to win him over despite the impossibility of the task. Slowly he begins to warm up towards her and is able to see her simple heart inspite of her clumsiness and numerous flaws. while he is sure that he does not love her and nor is she his perfect mate , yet he feels compelled to step in when she is in some big trouble or ends up feeling upset when she seems to prefer someone else over him. Eventually she ends up influencing all his major life decisions including career and dreams.

XIANG QIN :

Xiang qin is a clumsy and borderline dumb high school girl. she is crazily in love with mr perfectionist aka zhi shu.This motherless girl was brought up by her simpleton chef father .while she is almost good at nothing , she is blessed with a caring heart . she is also extremely optimistic, determined and straightforward. She is constantly insulted and bullied by zhi shu but she ignores it all because she just loves him too much. she finds an ally in zhi shu's mother. She is also very insecure since zhi shu is constantly surrounded by girls trying to win him over . she has her own set of crazed admirers but she does not pay any attention to them .as far as she is concerned , it will either be zhi shu or no one .

AH JIN

Ah jin is the male version of xiang qin and her classmate . If xq is crazy about zhi shu , he is just as crazy about her.. He would do anything to win her over . while he is hurt by the way xiang qin ignores him for zhi shu, he believes that she will soon come to her senses and nurtures hope of having her in his life forever.he is also an excellent cook and ends up working for xiang qin's father in hopes to winning him over and being close to xq. he is however discomfited by the idea of xiang qin living in close quarters with zhi shu and zhi shu's mother constantly conspiring to bring them together.

Edited by pj04 - 16 years ago
Posted: 14 years ago
thankx for the character descritption i am watching this nooowwww.....

I will start on it as soon as I have time. Thank you sounds awesome 😊

this show is totally awsome i love it and also ariel lin and joe chang make such a hot couple
Originally posted by -alimabi-

this show is totally awsome i love it and also ariel lin and joe chang make such a hot couple

i know they are so  cute on and off screennnn, jus love them,,,,,thy make sucha  goood couple.......
aaaaaaawwwwwwwwww love them, i am watching it started with a kiss now and then i am gonnaaa watch they kisss again,,,,,,,,they are awesum there,,,,,,,,

arjoe are so cute on and offff screeennnn,,,,,,,,,love them,,,i think i saw ur sizzyyy and found it really cute and went to search for it in you tube annd found them reallyyy cute and started to watch it..............

i hope they will be dating eachother soooonnnnn.....=], that would sooooo nice.........
Originally posted by hot chilly

i know they are so  cute on and off screennnn, jus love them,,,,,thy make sucha  goood couple.......
aaaaaaawwwwwwwwww love them, i am watching it started with a kiss now and then i am gonnaaa watch they kisss again,,,,,,,,they are awesum there,,,,,,,,

arjoe are so cute on and offff screeennnn,,,,,,,,,love them,,,i think i saw ur sizzyyy and found it really cute and went to search for it in you tube annd found them reallyyy cute and started to watch it..............

i hope they will be dating eachother soooonnnnn.....=], that would sooooo nice.........
trust me hun i knw what you mean ive already watched all three of there colaberations.
it started with a kiss
they kiss again
love or bread
and also they are both in ariels music video
ariel is a fantastic singer she has such a great voice

trust me hun i knw what you mean ive already watched all three of there colaberations.
it started with a kiss
they kiss again
love or bread
and also they are both in ariels music video
ariel is a fantastic singer she has such a great voice

hey i am now nearly done with they kiss again toooo, and then gonna watch love or bread, but heard that ending is not very satisfying, but oh well i just want to seee them together...........=]
and i am planning to watch allll over again in ma summer holiday, which is like after ten days cant wait..=]

ohhhhhh can you give me the link for the ariels music video or the songs name,,,,,,,,,that would be so greatfulllll ,,,,,,,,,,,,,i neva knew that she had her own music video,,,,,,,=]
no worries hun ill send the link to you as soon as i gto home yeah i agree the ending wasnt satisfying enough i expected atleast both kiss and a hug lol. they kiss again is so much more emotional then the first one
thanks -alimabi- i will be waiting for it,,,,,thanks a lot....

no worries hun ill send the link to you as soon as i gto home yeah i agree the ending wasnt satisfying enough i expected atleast both kiss and a hug lol. they kiss again is so much more emotional then the first one

hey guesss what i finished whatching iswak and they kisss agin in just five days.......=]
it was so good that i m watching it again form the beginniing.....awwww so love this show......

and could u plz send me the link for ariels video, i tried to search it but no luckkkk.......do it in ur freee time.....i dont mind......😊