Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angel_10 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
thanks puja...my internet isnt working orelse id b first in line to watch isawak
pj04 thumbnail
i guess i will start since the thread looks so lonely, this show came highly recommended however i downloaded and deleted the first episode many times beacuse the first scene seemed to be inspired by dby(the whole love letter deal). however instead of cute rainie, we had a silly looking obsessed ariel and instead of hot mike , we had a nerdy looking snob joe chang. however in order to ward off a spat of boredom, i decided to watch the first episode completely....i have not regreted it since. since the show got better and better and the joe chang , well he grew on me. i think i have never been so obsessed with a star in my entire life except for a certain fortnight i spent obsessing about samir soni during purab days in jjkn.i have checked out every single videoclip on youtube , every single mv featuring him and most of his shows. his real life personality is so different from this role that i have ended up admiring him even more.
     anyways back to the show...the show has a delicate and real life quality about it. i can see how a relationship like that could grow in real life. i am purposely trying to avoid mentioning scenes from the show until rest of you start watching it. however everytime zhi shu creeps closer to to xiang qin, i hyperventilate with her and my heart goes pitter-patter too. the only part i did not like was in last episode but will get to that later.
incidentally i am not much for a sequel normally, when i heard about it, i was disappointed and worried that it will spoil the impact of original . but now that i have read the manga, i can honestly tell you it only gets better and i cannot wait to watch it. anyways enuf of my rambling , will post more once you guys see it.
Raiinie2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
YUP.Im up for ISWAK disscusiion.Love this drama it was one of my frist asian drama along wiv DBY.And its real close to my heart!(sounding too cliche) 😃

I loved ISWAK for its pure simplicity of the characters and the plot.Have to admit it did knda drag in btw buh it def. picked up later and was much better! Ariel and Joe- cudnt have picked a better cast then them two.Their on-screen chem is juss marvellous! all sooo sweet/inocent! Joe the 'snobish' talented cool-guy and Ariel the 'geeky' completly opp of Joe.Was just a mix-match made in heaven 😆
Its knda long from average serial too, buh def a MUST watch!! You'll wont regret it! Relle trying hard not to mention any main scenes, as it will ruin the show fo those whu havnt watched it.Buh u have to watch it for the cute romantic moment btw Joe/Ariel, the stupid-ness of Ariel the arrogance of Joee etc etc.. 😆 😆

And naw, i just cant wait for Sept for the sequel to be outt! Saw some feww pictures and it looks greatt! Wohoo..excitedd! 😛
Plus i love the OST of this drama.you cant stop ur self from humming to the tunes.'Say that you love me..say that you care..' i was obessed to a point wiv this song, annoying all my friends! 😆 😆
pj04 thumbnail
here some photos from the sequel (credit :www.wretch.com, asianfanatics.com)

the guy in long hair will play zhi shu's love rival (he is in love with xiang qin)

Raiinie2 thumbnail
Isnt that Ahrang from DBY ?!

Awww Joe luks cute wiv his short hairr.And it lookslike Ariel's wardrobe has been upgraded no more babyish clothess! 😃
pj04 thumbnail
yep , he is ahrang from dby (figaro zheng) ,according to the storyline he is supposed to be a male nurse and classmate of xq .he falls for xq who does not realise it and is very friendly to him, however observant zhi shu catches it fast and gets jealous, thus becoming even more mean and cold to xq. xq interprets it as zhi shu's disinterest in her and gets mad at him ....that leads to a major misunderstanding between the couple .
   somehow joe's new hair will take getting used to , though he looks more healthy and mature with this haircut and yes it seems ariel's honeymoon wardrobe is more mature .
Raiinie2 thumbnail
He knda looks wied in the side view snap 😕

OIC! Sounds quite good, cant wait!Arghh! buh i dunt like the fact that he creates the distance btw himself and XQ cuz of jelaousy.Im sure ahrang will be the ONE creating the misunderstanding btw them two and XQ is juss so naiive to understand! Finally we see a GUY interested in XQ and ZS getting jealous.And not the other way round! 😆
tiki5434 thumbnail

aaah iswak.. for some reason.. ariel lin really really bugged me throughout the series.. XD

otherwise, it was good.. not great, but good... (haha don't kill me all you iswak crazy kids!)

out of the whole thing, the special was my favorite.. so funnyyyy.. and of course jiro.. how can i forget jiro?! jiro's always awesome
pj04 thumbnail

i have to agree with you taheera, but iswak grows on you. i did not like it much at first but i rewatched some of my favorite episodes a number of times and it was soon one of my favorites. in fact one of the best things about the show (and i missed out on it in my first viewing) is gradual change in zhi shu's attitude towards xq. the subtlety of change is admirable(at least the director thought about it). in first two episodes zs treats her as a nuisance , after he sees her working hard...he begins to mellow down slowly. if you notice every episode had zhi shu mellowing down more and more until it becomes borderline caring, in later episodes he does not like others saying anything about her.there is a subtle change in his tone, way he looks at her and finally his attitude and smile (goes from sarcastic sneer to that of accepting patience). even when he messes up with her mind with all those romantic innuendoes, the progression is from being simply devilish to almost sincere (his threatening of accosting her in episode 3 when she tries stealing his stuff and his hint at how he might have considered dancing with her since she is so cute in christmas episode).

as far as xiang qin goes i have to agree she was odd with her stalking and overboard stupidity but i find her character still one of the best in generally overboard taiwanese shows. hanakimi has rexie who made these odd constipated faces (i can hardly understand how jian fell for her), meteor garden has barbie who wears her poverty like a badge of honor and comes out looking almost as, if not more conceited than f4. rainie in dby seems to have no free will and is puppet in hands of ahmon and his seduction. xiang qin does grow up in later episodes where she decides to date ah jin or stays back at home on christmas. also she would have wisened up quick but zhi shu never lets her give up. in fact everytime she decides to walk out , he does something unexpectedly sweet to give her hope for example in episode 3 , he could have kept quite but he challenges ah jin's presumption that he will never like her.
   that way given that the story spans 5 years and the couple live in close proximity and are often left to thier own devices, i can see how they would end up appreciating each other.our whole premise of arranged marraiges is based on such presumption. xiang qin is pretty sure that she is bound to fail yet she cannot stop trying, on the other hand zhi shu who has everything so easilly might be envious of the fact that she atleast has a aim that she has to work for. philosphicaly for a logical person , dreams and faith/hope are as seductive as beauty or intelligence. if you are a science fiction buff like me, aliens often are impressed by the relentless spirit of human heart.
    of course the acting of joe and jirro makes it worth watching, about ariel i am not too sure . in all honesty i sympathise with zhi shu who is saddled with photography crazy mother and now a crazed xq. however , probably only xq can stand his mean/cold behaviour and manipulations and still love him whole heartedly .

Edited by pj04 - 16 years ago