Rules in India - Page 2

Posted: 16 years ago

First of all Thank You

Ok I'm not basing it on just what I hear from the Aaj Tak, but also on What as a person I see. Over the year alot of things are going on their, but nobody is doing anything.

You see these people, getting beaten up by these brutal police men. It's not right. If you guys remember about the Thing that went around in Punjab, about this men making fun of punjabi relgion or the outfit. Well people took it so seriously, and there were strikes,fighthing. No one did anything. All the government did was to stop all the Dheras. No one is doing anything. People are making up their own laws.

Another story,  a women who is very poor. Her child is sick so she goes to the hospital. The doctor sees him and slaps him. He dies there.

All this shows to me, there are no rules and rules are need to be set up.

"Khanun naam ki koi cheese nahi hai"

Edited by Jersey_Chickxox - 16 years ago

Originally posted by tisha_g

Ayesha

Misuse of power is prevalent in every country. You see the beating by the police in Aaj tak, I can point you several scenarios where the victim gets unfairly beaten up in the US due to racial discrimination.Aaj tak is just like the candid videos they show you here.
The independent law makers exist in every country, albeit in different forms.
Didn't you hear about the hearing of Alberto Gonzales for unfairly dismissing US attorneys.

I know, but the rules in US are very differ than the Rules in India. US doesn't start beating up people when there is a strike going on, they take everything by steps. However, In India they don't do that. They just take an action without any concerns.

I'm not against India, cuz it's my country too 😊 , I'm just concern cuz the way rules are set up in India, will lead to a civil war in the next 20 years. And That I can guaranteed for sure.

Originally posted by mittijalebi

i would call that bribery. 😆

right thats what we talk avout in indian context... and say bribery is the worst form of xorruption existing today in india...😆

Originally posted by Jersey_Chickxox

I know, but the rules in US are very differ than the Rules in India. US doesn't start beating up people when there is a strike going on, they take everything by steps. However, In India they don't do that. They just take an action without any concerns.

I'm not against India, cuz it's my country too 😊 , I'm just concern cuz the way rules are set up in India, will lead to a civil war in the next 20 years. And That I can guaranteed for sure.

US has every poosible evil  u have back home in india.... everything.. the difference is if anything goes wrong they have the ability to take corrective action.... in the quickest possible way...😊.. rapid corrective action is the key phrase..😊

Hey!😊..I'm new here too..welcome to DM forum.😊 Yeah you've got a good point. I sometimes feel that way too when i see all that on Aaj Tak. Though honestly, I think Aaj Tak exaggerates a bit too much. I know how ur comaparing US and India but these are 2 entirely different countries. India, u see people on the streets begging whereas in Canada and America there's not that many to be seen. I do wonder sometimes too, why they're beating up victims for no reason but i think that happens here and in the US too. It's just that we're not shown it unlike how the Aaj Tak people do.😛

Originally posted by qwertyesque

😆😆😆... and you forgot our pessimisstic total desis abroad...😆

Right on Qwertoo... How could I forget that..!!!

Hmmm . was too busy following Paris Hilton's  in, out and back in the jail drama..!!! 😉

Originally posted by bubblezz

Hey!😊..I'm new here too..welcome to DM forum.😊 Yeah you've got a good point. I sometimes feel that way too when i see all that on Aaj Tak. Though honestly, I think Aaj Tak exaggerates a bit too much. I know how ur comaparing US and India but these are 2 entirely different countries. India, u see people on the streets begging whereas in Canada and America there's not that many to be seen. I do wonder sometimes too, why they're beating up victims for no reason but i think that happens here and in the US too. It's just that we're not shown it unlike how the Aaj Tak people do.😛

Welcome , and Thank you. 😊 Well I Know Aaj tak does exaggerates a lot. However, What they show is real, I don't really listen to them, but What they show is real, it's captured and it really happened. It's not like they made up that whole scene, but with the talkings they do go beyond that. And This topic I'm just baseding it on what I see. I know India is poor than US. But Why doesn't the government do something about it cuz There are no Rules!

Welcome , and Thank you. 😊 Well I Know Aaj tak does exaggerates a lot. However, What they show is real, I don't really listen to them, but What they show is real, it's captured and it really happened. It's not like they made up that whole scene, but with the talkings they do go beyond that. And This topic I'm just baseding it on what I see. I know India is poor than US. But Why doesn't the government do something about it cuz There are no Rules!

Lol, thank you for the welcome with the pom-poms!😆😳 I guess India has too much population, more than the US and Canada i think.😊 Firstly, I'm sure someone else must've noticed this problem but i think that the politicians over there don't seem to really care about this which is why the government isn't really doing anything.😕

Edited by bubblezz - 16 years ago
Originally posted by bubblezz

Lol, thank you for the welcome with the pom-poms!😆😳 I guess India has too much population, more than the US and Canada i think.😊 Firstly, I'm sure someone else must've noticed this problem but i think that the politicians over there don't seem to really care about this which is why the government isn't really doing anything.😕

lol..no prob  anytime..

Well that's where My point comes in that the government isn't doing anything, and if the government isn't doing anything then there are no rules to follow. If the government doesn't care, then why do the peopel care. And that's how they break the rules and they don't count the rules in

Aaj Tak not just exaggerates but tends to show only one side of the picture which goes a long way in distorting the picture.  For eg. they may show police beating up public or opening tear gas on them, but any rioting like situation which could have affected other public at large is not shown.  I am not for a moment defending the Indian Police or any law enforcing agency, but sometimes, they choose to show just one side of the whole incident.

And in the name of "freedom of speech" and journalism, they portray India in a manner which is sometimes not how we see or live it here.  And public reactions are now tempering their words as well.  I remember during the Bombay floods couple of years back, when barely few parts of Mumbai had electricity and city was in dire conditions, NDTV and its star reporter, Sreenivasan Jain choose to interview the Chief Minister and ask him about his dream to make Mumbai like Shanghai.  When the city is under water and lives at stake, such irresponsible reporting was aggravating the common man and the reporter came in for a lot of flak, both from the Government and the public. 

Media has a responsibility, which they should remember.  While they must take the news to the common man, they must also rise to the occasions when calamity hits. 

It must also be remembered that although it would be ideal for the media to be unbiased or unattached to any particular political party, it is not so.... and a lot of news would show the side of the story which would suit or favour their "political party" or "neta"...  sometimes, such stories are even planted....  Eg being the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister (then not in seat) dramatically crying before the television cameras "leave me, dont take me" in the dead of the night (Camera Crew conveniently available at 12 midnight/ one A.M. to capture the story), when the police came to arrest him for some old crime.    A rival party had another footage where the Police did not even touch him, but merely asked him to accompany them to the police station and when the CM came into the camera angle, he started his dramatics.😆

Aaj tak or any other news channel would only show that much of the news as it suits them and which gets them views....