Other Topics

Topic on Fitness and Diet

insurance thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hi,

My name is vidya. I have been following diet for quite sometime and it has really worked out well.

Always take multivitamins tablets, if required. In case of any health issues, pls consult doctor before u start ur diet.

I am following the fitness diet book of Rosemary Conley's  (U.K). Her website is www.rosemary-conley.co.uk  This website is for finding some of her receipes, which will help u in planning ur food meal to some extent. As per the instructions given in her book, you will have to loss atleast 3kgs in two weeks. This know depends on your strict plan of diet.

I will just brush u through the diet i have been following. I am lossing 1kg per week.

The calculation of your diet is based on your nutrional information.

Men kcal daily allowance is 2500kcal and that of women is 2000kcal. In some nutrional information they say  both men and women total consumption is 2000kcal.

As per the diet plan for weight loss,

1200kcal-for first two weeks.-once u feel, u are lossing weight of atleast 2kgs in two weeks, then its good. Gradually increase ur kcal to 300kcal more in a day, which comes to 1500kcal.

For 1200kcal, the kcal is split as follows:

Breakfast 200kcal--u can go in for cereals/museli, do not add sugar in it

mid-morining power snack 50kcal

lunch 250kcal

mid-afternoon power snack 50kcal

dinner 400kcal

extra portion of salad 50kcal

450ml of skimmed or semi-skimmed milk 200kcal

at least 5 large glasses of water

If ur are serious of weight loss, your consumption of fruits and vegetables must be more. Avoid too much of oil while cooking. Use wok for cooking, so that u can use 1cal spray oil. Ensure ur fat each time of meal or snack is 5%less.

Have lots of packed salads. There are really very less in kcal. You can have coffee or tea, but the milk must be taken from the allowance given for the day. In a day if ur having  coffee or tea 2times a day. Morning add sugar. Try avoiding sugar in the evening.You can go for ready to eat meals also.See the kcal and fat before buying.  You can have pasta and wraps also. Pls do not have egg, the fat content is more in that.

Let me tell u one thing. U will have to spend a bit more than ur normal expenses for the month. But, the result really works out good.

Pls have lot of patience while doing. After ur dinner, immediately go out for a walk, so that u will not feel very heavy while sleeping. At home u can do tummy excercises, if u are going for gym, that's also good.

The diet plan of rosemary's  is very healthy.My hubby started lossing 2kgs in a week. He is even more healthy and fit know.

In case u have any questions u can ask me.

regards,

vidya

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Caryn thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Hi Vidya

Thanks for guidance. In Malaysia, some things are hard to get. For eg 99% of the cereals comes with sugar.

Ready made food are indeed fattening, etc.

I have to find a way to think how to do this. Let me get back to you if I have any doubts.

Keep posting for more

Thanks again