Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amail1601 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

I have a HP Photosmart C3188 All-in-one Printer, which has been discontinued now.

It was working fine with Windows XP, but the scanner is not compatible with Vista...I need the drivers but I can't find them on the HP site....please help!!

cutie610 thumbnail
Hi

I have a question.

My computer doesn't work anymore even I restored it.

My question is that if I throw that computer away.

Does it has any of my personal data stored that I used to access on it.
IceFire thumbnail
o...k?! no hacks, cracks, serial, blah blah blah..
so.. what the hell are we supposed to ask you? >.<
Naughty_n_nice thumbnail

^ Any problems that you might be facing on your computer, dear.

@Cutie - Ya it does, on your hard drive. If you want it to be safe completely, i'd suggest you physically destroy it.
jessypurna thumbnail
My computer is very slow.a few month ago it was catch by virus so a computer tecnician cleaned it for me. he devided my computer hard drive in 2 parts. "C' drive and "D" Drive. i feel after that its became slow. when i want to see serial or videos online its alway buffering and play a few minutes and buffering and play, its takes long time to see one serial for long time. some websites i can't browse properley. some time i browsed the website than a error message prompt "Browing problem accured......... send error report ? any advise please.
friend_125 thumbnail
my computer has became very slow....
when i scroll down on page..it goes up n down so sloww.....extreamly slow.
and many times a mesege comes on screen that-paging file memory is too low....
please help n tell what to do.
WillSmith456 thumbnail

Originally posted by: friend_125

my computer has became very slow....
when i scroll down on page..it goes up n down so sloww.....extreamly slow.
and many times a mesege comes on screen that-paging file memory is too low....
please help n tell what to do.

Windows XP causes al ot of problems. I uses Windows Vista Ultimate and did not cause any problem..........

anyways i think :-

1) If virus affected then scan your files and do re install windows if posssible.

2) You can also increase your virtual memory if possible.

3) THirdly you can also see this :-

Power on Pc - when Welcome logo shows up, "beep" then a small window pops up (or sometimes no window just freeze there I have to re-start again):

Quote:
Windows - Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low
Your System has no paging file, or the paging file is too small.
To fix this peobelm, go to System in Control Panel ......etc.

I click Ok.

My setting comes up on Desk Top and as Windows genuine icon shows up at the corner, before ZA (security soft) icon does, a small yellow window pops up:
(I can't exact this one; sorry but something like: )

Quote:
Windows - Virtual Memory Minimun Too Small
Your system is low on Virtual memory. Windows is increasing the paging file size... during the process memory requests for some application may be denied.

Following above 1 instruction, go to System in Control Panel - Advanced - System -
Then I click Advanced and a small window pops up:

Quote:
System Contorl Panel Applet
Windows created a temporary paging file on your computer because of a problem that occured with your paging file configuration when you started your computer. The total paging file size for all disk drives may be somewhat larger than the size you specified.

I click Ok.

On Advanced page -

Virtual memory
Total paging file size for all drives ... 126 MB
Drive C:
Space available ... 22021 MB
Custom size
Initial size (MB): 189
Maximum size (MB): 4096

Total paging file size for all drives
Minimum allowed ... 2MB
Recommended ... 189MB
Currently allocated ... 126MB

When I change 189 and 4096 above to any number, 2/189/126 in Total paging file size for all drives would not change. (And is that normal?)

I leave them as 189 and 4096.

Opening a browser (Opera) is ok, but opening another application/program (Excel, Words or OutlookEx) at the same time is not.

How can I overcome this Low memory/paging file problem?

I think, this started happening ever since I wrongly deleted new Thunderbird profile which I created in "My Documents" folder, after TB failed to perform properly and followed TB forum instruction and created a new profile. I thought I saved the profile in a wrong folder and tried to delete. Windows warned me something but I clicked "Yes" !! That was it...?

And then I tried to update Windows (long overdue) - install XP SP2. Download was done but Installation kept failing, error code being either of ".inf file missing" or "not enough storage".

Please enlighten me.
Thanks so much

friend_125 thumbnail
hello andro.....
thanks a lot...

672mb was maximnu memory...so initial size also i set to 672mb...is that okay...there is a bit like 40%impreovement in scrolling speed...which was exreamely low.
what else should i notice n do?
i,ll see more peroblems n recomend frm you..thanks a lot. Edited by friend_125 - 16 years ago
WillSmith456 thumbnail

Originally posted by: friend_125

hello andro.....
thanks a lot...

672mb was maximnu memory...so initial size also i set to 672mb...is that okay...there is a bit like 30%impreovement in scrolling speed...which was exreamely low.
what else should i notice n do?
i,ll see more peroblems n recomend frm you..thanks a lot.

well if you use windows xp you can see here coz i use vista ultimate so can't tell more than this. do also

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsxp/default. mspx

do seee.........

asif

friend_125 thumbnail
thanks andro..yeas i use xp...will definately see soon n tell... 😊