Posted: 16 years ago
HI
MY NAME IS ABHA AND I M NEW TO THIS FORUM

I HAVE A PROBLEM
WHENEVER I USE DRWING TOOLBAR IN MSWORD IT GIVES AN ERROR

REINSTAL,REPAIR EVERYTHING FAILS
CAN SOME1 HELP ME?
i downloaded some updates on my laptop because my antivirus program said to do so. when i restarted my laptop, a disk check thing started: CHKDSK

i tried to cancel it by pressing keys, but that wouldn't work. and for the past hour, it's been stuck at 8 percent.
how do i stop it? i'm unable to access anything in my laptop. please help me..... ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Originally posted by desi03kas

i downloaded some updates on my laptop because my antivirus program said to do so. when i restarted my laptop, a disk check thing started: CHKDSK

i tried to cancel it by pressing keys, but that wouldn't work. and for the past hour, it's been stuck at 8 percent.
how do i stop it? i'm unable to access anything in my laptop. please help me..... ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I think I've given you the answer by PM.

anyways.... sorry to all for not being here for the for the last week. was stuck with a pal's office computers.

but now I'm back and rocking.

tejas
Originally posted by abha12sood

HI
MY NAME IS ABHA AND I M NEW TO THIS FORUM

I HAVE A PROBLEM
WHENEVER I USE DRWING TOOLBAR IN MSWORD IT GIVES AN ERROR

[IMAGE REMOVED]

REINSTAL,REPAIR EVERYTHING FAILS
CAN SOME1 HELP ME?

Hi Abha,

First things first.... please and I repeat please avoid typing in ALL CAPS... on the internet people do that only when you want to show that you are screaming on the person you are referring to. secondly avoid posting images in Bitmap (the .bmp extension) they take a lot of bandwidth causing people on dial-ups to choke on them... instead convert your images to jpg or gif and then upload them.

Ok now the preaching is over and over to your solution....   First what do you mean by
[quote=abha]REINSTAL,REPAIR EVERYTHING FAILS
CAN SOME1 HELP ME?[/quote]

secondly did this start recently (like after you installed an app or made changes in your OS or installed an update etc) or this has always been the case.

I suggest you first update your Windows / Office with the latest security updates. to do so, go to
Windows Update or if you use Vista from here.

Then download Office updates from here.
Office Update

It will take sum time but download all the latest updates and install them.

then try going through the same process again... post here again if its repeated.

tejas
tejas
Hi Tejas

I want to thank you for your help. I did all the process that you gave me.

My other question is that When I open my Internet Explorer. I get so many websites which just keep coming on my Screen.

Because of this problem, I use MSN Explorer. Is there a Solution for this problem.

Please reply
Thanks for your corporation.

Originally posted by albusdumbledore

I think I've given you the answer by PM.

anyways.... sorry to all for not being here for the for the last week. was stuck with a pal's office computers.

but now I'm back and rocking.

tejas

hi tejas,

thanks for helping me solve that problem๐Ÿ˜Š

however i have another problem:

when i try to go on a post on india forums it takes atleast 5 minutes for the page to load. when i go to the threads, theres no problem, but the posts take a long time to load. i dont seem to have a problem with any other site, but it happens only on this site

i dont know why this happens, especially since it takes longer for the page to load than when i used to use dial up...

i also have a problem with cookies on this site. when i try to log in on this site, the page shows an unsuccessful login and it says that i need to enable cookies on my web browser. how do i do this?

i know i'm burying u with my problems one after another, but i tried everything i could do, thats why i'm asking u for help...

anyways, thanks for solving everybody's computer problems. u really are a great help๐Ÿ˜›

hi tejas,

thanks for helping me solve that problem๐Ÿ˜Š

however i have another problem:

when i try to go on a post on india forums it takes atleast 5 minutes for the page to load. when i go to the threads, theres no problem, but the posts take a long time to load. i dont seem to have a problem with any other site, but it happens only on this site

i dont know why this happens, especially since it takes longer for the page to load than when i used to use dial up...

In these kind of issues it is very difficult to point out the root cause. I can however give you a few pointers. The most basic of which would be to purge your entire browsing History. Beware this will remove any saved info too, as well as any customisations you may have done to suit your needs on websites as your cookies will be deleted.

There is an excellent app which will automatically do this for you. its called CCleaner and you can get it when you click on the name. excellent utility.

Once you have installed CCleaner you can open the application by:

• Double-clicking the desktop icon
  • Clicking on Start -> Programs -> CCleaner
  • Right-clicking on the Recycle Bin and selecting "Open CCleaner..."
  • Under the Windows Tab Select all check boxes (even the greyed ones)
  • Under the Applications Tab Select Firefox (if you have it)
  • At the bottom right click on "Run Cleaner"

Voila you're done.

Now again try again (you will have to re-login to set the cookie which should also  solve your cookie corruption problem as you'll be setting an entirely new cookie on your system.)

If the steps above don't help please do post back here.

i also have a problem with cookies on this site. when i try to log in on this site, the page shows an unsuccessful login and it says that i need to enable cookies on my web browser. how do i do this?

The steps I mentioned above should help you solve the problems here too. IF does have a cookie problem which should be fixed in due time.

i know i'm burying u with my problems one after another, but i tried everything i could do, thats why i'm asking u for help...

Don't worry I'm a libran.... I love solving other's problems ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜‰ So its more of a fun thing for me as I enjoy doing it. ๐Ÿ˜†

anyways, thanks for solving everybody's computer problems. u really are a great help๐Ÿ˜›

as I said before I love doing this, so don't mention it....

Keep me posted if you still have problems.

Tejas
Hi Tejas

My other question is that When I open my Internet Explorer. I get so many websites which just keep coming on my Screen.

Because of this problem, I use MSN Explorer. Is there a Solution for this problem.

Please reply
Originally posted by cutie610

Hi Tejas

Please reply

If you have followed my earlier instructions then these problems should have dissappeared. in any case they are given below here again. But before you follow them I would like a few questions answered. What kind of software do you run on your system like the Anti-Virus, Firewall, Etc. it looks like you're missing sumthing or your PC wouldn't have got effected that easily.

You don't need to use Pirated stuff neither do you need to spend a bomb to get authentic software. In todays world you can get almost all of the above software's free versions. Check out ComputerWorld  Security's Page for more details.  I recommend AVG Free and ZoneAlarm Free.

Hope it helps.
Tejas

I can give you a few pointers on this.

First and foremost download Spybot Search & Destroy from here.

If you're using Spybot for the first time.... here's a very good tutorial.

Next up perform an Update in Spybot to make sure you've the latest updates.

• Open Spybot-S&D
  • Click on 'Update' in the navigation bar
  • Search for available updates
  • Select all available relevant updates
  • Select a download location
  • Download the selected updates
  • If you receive a Bad Checksum!! error select another download server
Next Run an Online Virus Scanner

• eTrust Antivirus Web Scanner Requires Internet Explorer. (If prompted on that page, allow Active X and the install of software - this is needed to scan your system)
    It may take a while to download the updates needed, and then you will be presented with a screen to scan your system.
Reboot your computer into SafeMode by doing the following:
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, begin tapping F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
Open Spybot-S&D while still in safe mode.
  1. Close all browsers, check for problems and fix everything found in red
  2. Repeat until no more items are found in red
a) Close Spybot-S&D
b) Reboot back into Windows and repeat the entire process once more.

Then post back if you have more problems.

Tejas  

In these kind of issues it is very difficult to point out the root cause. I can however give you a few pointers. The most basic of which would be to purge your entire browsing History. Beware this will remove any saved info too, as well as any customisations you may have done to suit your needs on websites as your cookies will be deleted.

There is an excellent app which will automatically do this for you. its called CCleaner and you can get it when you click on the name. excellent utility.

Now again try again (you will have to re-login to set the cookie which should also  solve your cookie corruption problem as you'll be setting an entirely new cookie on your system.)

If the steps above don't help please do post back here.

The steps I mentioned above should help you solve the problems here too. IF does have a cookie problem which should be fixed in due time.

Tejas

i tried the whole cleaner process, but after a few days, i had the problems again. i had trouble logging in and was unable to view the web pages on this site. i tried running the cleaner everytime i went on the internet explorer, but that didn't work. is there any other way to fix this or am i doing something wrong?