Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

karankittu thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
i wanted to ask one more thing why do you recomen avi2dvd than the dvdsanta? and plus on the avi2dvd theres a menue link if i dont add a emnue and clik go will it sitll wrk properly i would have tried it but iv already wasted alot of dvd rw cd's trying to figure out how to burn them so imm asking 😳
albusdumbledore thumbnail
Originally posted by: johnandbipasha

i wanted to ask one more thing why do you recomen avi2dvd than the dvdsanta? and plus on the avi2dvd theres a menue link if i dont add a emnue and clik go will it sitll wrk properly i would have tried it but iv already wasted alot of dvd rw cd's trying to figure out how to burn them so imm asking 😳

First thing first. The reason I recommend AVI2DVD is that it is an entirely free program freely available on the net. that means there are no limitations to the DVD you want to create. whereas if you're prepared to go in for a paid solution then DVD santa is the best.

secondly the menu option is given only for those who want to make a professional looking DVD. it doesn't matter if you make a menu or not. you can also directly select go after making the required changes.

Making a MENU is an OPTION not a compulsion, to just try n give your DVD a better look.

thirdly always whenever you're trying to burn a DVD or VCD for that matter always try playing the content you're intending to write, before you finally burn it onto a disk. this will save you precious media if there is sumthing wrong with the files.

like in powerDVD it gives you an option to play a DVD from the HDD. you can always check first that the files are written correctly before you finally write them onto the disk.

Hope it helped.

Tejas
karankittu thumbnail

aww maan dont you know a faster program 😭
it took 7 hours for the first half to finish and then it said another 6 hours for the second half i cant not wait that long im only 15 and im not allowed to keep my computer on for like a whole day 😭 😭 😭 is there another program freeware? 😭 i mean i started burning at 1.00pm in the after noon and till 11 at nigh it only had completed one part ..i dont understand why it isnt fast 😭 ..is there anything i can do to mae it fast? like not be on the computer at the same time or not download when its in function?

Edited by johnandbipasha - 16 years ago

aww maan dont you know a faster program 😭
it took 7 hours for the first half to finish and then it said another 6 hours for the second half i cant not wait that long im only 15 and im not allowed to keep my computer on for like a whole day 😭 😭 😭 is there another program freeware? 😭 i mean i started burning at 1.00pm in the after noon and till 11 at nigh it only had completed one part ..i dont understand why it isnt fast 😭 ..is there anything i can do to mae it fast? like not be on the computer at the same time or not download when its in function?

I think the time that you're mentioning would be the time taken for AVI2DVD to convert the files from AVI to standard DVD format and then burning it. Also you've not replied to my earlier question regarding where exactly do you want to play it on. if its a latest generation DVD player its a chance that it will play the avi automatically. those ones generally have "DivX" written onto them.

If its not the case its only then that you need to do the steps aforementioned above.

Also the encoding time varies from system to system depending on the sys specs, free space amount of programs running (since this is a labor intensive process, I recommend that you do not do anything else while running an encoding process)

Hope it helped.

Tejas
karankittu thumbnail
Originally posted by: albusdumbledore

I think the time that you're mentioning would be the time taken for AVI2DVD to convert the files from AVI to standard DVD format and then burning it. Also you've not replied to my earlier question regarding where exactly do you want to play it on. if its a latest generation DVD player its a chance that it will play the avi automatically. those ones generally have "DivX" written onto them.

If its not the case its only then that you need to do the steps aforementioned above.

Also the encoding time varies from system to system depending on the sys specs, free space amount of programs running (since this is a labor intensive process, I recommend that you do not do anything else while running an encoding process)

Hope it helped.

Tejas

wowwww you know something you sure know alot wow πŸ‘ keep it up well ..i want to play the dvds on a dvd player i live here in the U.K so ermm there are differernt dvd players some have the AVI player and some dont but i would like to burn it so it can play on all the dvd player so when i go out and about i can take them and play them there.. iv gone to the shops to look around and most of them here in the shops or where i live dont have a AVI player sooim a bit stuck here in the middle ..well i followed the steps on the tutorial you kindly found for me  and i followed them and its taken this long im suprised i expected it to take like 4 or 7 horus but not 13 hours (more than a half a day) πŸ˜•hehe i was suprised

karankittu thumbnail
ok woooooooooooooo i fianlyl manged to do one film with the help of you thankuuuuuuuuuuuuu i did it in 9 hours
i wanted to ask is there no way i can like stop at a palce at one day and then start agne the other?
glad to know you could get it done.

Anyways as I said encoding is the most time-consuming part. thatz where the majority of your 13 hrs must have gone (12+ if i'm not mistaken). If you ever need any more help than I-F's CST Forum is always at your service.

Tejas
WillSmith456 thumbnail
Viewbie's Note : Post edited for non-conformity to I-F code of conduct and to the CST sub-forums code of conduct.
Edited by albusdumbledore - 16 years ago
karankittu thumbnail

Originally posted by: albusdumbledore

glad to know you could get it done.

Anyways as I said encoding is the most time-consuming part. thatz where the majority of your 13 hrs must have gone (12+ if i'm not mistaken). If you ever need any more help than I-F's CST Forum is always at your service.

Tejas

thankyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu .!! ermm do you know anything about hard drives

i mean my D drive everytime i put my computer on it ays we need to scan you D drive because it needs checking and iv bene todl by my uncle to do defragmaent ..and it wont let me do that so somehting is wrong wth it any ideas?

thankyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu .!! ermm do you know anything about hard drives

i mean my D drive everytime i put my computer on it ays we need to scan you D drive because it needs checking and iv bene todl by my uncle to do defragmaent ..and it wont let me do that so somehting is wrong wth it any ideas?

We'll I'm just curious, why does it ask you everytime you turn on your PC. don't you let it complete even once. I think if you do then your problem will be over with.

Do let it complete once then tell me if you still have problems.

tejas