What makes a good teacher?

bollycrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

🤗 Hello friends!  🤗

I'm here with our next... Discussion of the Week! 😃

This week... we're discussing...

The qualities of a good teacher!

Tell us what you think a good teacher should be like!

Does it help to have a funny teacher?

or a more strict teacher?

Love,

College and Uni Dev Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Howlarious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Funny yet good at what they do 😳 😆
minuu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
A strict teacher so we can learn more than mess around
ajeebhotum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think a teacher should be bothe funny ans strict, because that way, we can have fun, while learning. 😛 The teacher also needs to be understanding and she needs to understand how the kids learn.
mellisai thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: indianhomey1992

I think a teacher should be bothe funny ans strict, because that way, we can have fun, while learning. 😛 The teacher also needs to be understanding and she needs to understand how the kids learn.

Great post

Totally agree with you indianhomey. Teachers should be both funny and strict. One important thing she should be able to teach properly because my English teacher just can't teach... teachers should also help students who find things difficult.

Edited by ~*Thamizhan*~ - 16 years ago
kggk_fan01 thumbnail
nice topic! 👏

A teacher should be both funny and strict. They shouldnt let the class go wild, yet they should have limits. Having jokes once in a while is fine.

And most importantly they teacher must know what they are doing
Neetusxm thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
a teacher shud be like a friend but have levels set for seriousness... strictness just scares ppl not help them study more... atleast in my experience...

well i get nightmares thinking of my strict math teacher...i used get horrible scores... just for 2 months we had a subsititute and my grades shot up to A level...

a teacher shud be understanding...not all students are the same..some need more attention than others... teachers need to involve themselves in the class not just give homework and explain a few things...
mellisai thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Neetusxm

a teacher shud be like a friend but have levels set for seriousness... strictness just scares ppl not help them study more... atleast in my experience...

well i get nightmares thinking of my strict math teacher...i used get horrible scores... just for 2 months we had a subsititute and my grades shot up to A level...

a teacher shud be understanding...not all students are the same..some need more attention than others... teachers need to involve themselves in the class not just give homework and explain a few things...

Wow! Your grades went up when you had a subsititute? When we have substititutes we don't learn anything and the sub teachers just can't control or teach students properly... but it amazing that you learned something from your sub teacher *SHOCKED*!

Teachers should be strict at times or otherwise students will do anything because their teacher is not strict! So teachers should be strict at times, but not always.  

mellisai thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: kggk_fan01

nice topic! 👏

A teacher should be both funny and strict. They shouldnt let the class go wild, yet they should have limits. Having jokes once in a while is fine.

And most importantly they teacher must know what they are doing

Funny teachers are my fav. teachers! I agree with you that they should also be strict at times. In england, 1 lesson is 1 hour long and if the teacher is strict and boring (not funny) then I feel like i've been in the lesson for more than 1 hour. However, if the teacher is funny, the time goes soo quickly! So teachers should learn to be a little funny before they take the job!    

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
Teachers are very important people in the lives of students/children. They have to understand their role in the children's lives and do their best to fulfill their job. Teachers shouldnt really be too strict with the children. It's better for a teacher to be a friend and understand them. that way the kids will feel more comfortable with him/her and they wont shy away from approaching for extra help. Also, children should enjoy learning. if the teachers are strict, children wont want to come to school and it will discourage them from learning. although it is essential for teachers to be approachable and friendly, they have to create a relationship with the students so that the students know who's boss. they should give students freedom but make it clear when to draw the line