Debate Mansion

Should traffic rules globalized?

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

In this era of globalization, where in one country there is adherenance of driving ethics and in other there is none.

Do you feel it will benefit or there will be reduction in accidents by enforcing gobal traffic rules?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lighthouse thumbnail

Enforcing global traffic rule will work only if all were going to and from the same place...using same directions.
greatmaratha thumbnail
US goes left and we go right. Just causes too much commotion.

And in US, bael gaadi does not go parallel to a Merc    

mermaid_QT thumbnail
I'd love that!    That way, I can drive in Pune again :) The last time, I took a cool right turn as if Mr.Pops_QT owned the entire road 😆

Originally posted by: s.priya

US goes left and we go right. Just causes too much commotion. And in US, bael gaadi does not go parallel to a Merc    

LOL Priya @ Bailgadi..

Once I told my dad, we Americans drive on the RIGHT side of the road.. His rebuttal- But you sit in the wrong side of the car, while Indian sit on the right side
Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
raj5000 thumbnail
lols guys! nice views, this is one small scenario. 😊

My views, on the whole big picture , concept of globalization is that its muddy water, if policy makers don't think the whole concept targetting the root causes, concept of glo. is a big hoax. Let not share resources / culture in the name of globalization but selfish focus on individual countries improvement. If you know what I mean 😊
greatmaratha thumbnail
Originally posted by: raj5000

If you know what I mean 😊

Actually tried to know what you meant   but failing miserably...  can you elaborate please
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
India main drive kiyaaa tho, we can drive anywere in the world 😉 😛 .......even circus also... 😉 😛
raj5000 thumbnail

Originally posted by: s.priya

Actually tried to know what you meant   but failing miserably...  can you elaborate please

Are u serious  omg.. late night what to explain 😆. Kiddin.

Simply meant there are things like this where globalization fails... and these diplomats talk about glo. every now and then. Countires should first focus on thier respective growth rather then boosting ecomonics of foreign nations in the name of globalization. Touching this point from tangent topic.😉😊

greatmaratha thumbnail
Oh ok. Sorry, morning rush scrambled the brains 😛

The other side of it is - Who will decide what is global policy.. because whats good for US is not good for us 😛 , whats good for UK may not be good for France... so where do we get the concensus on what is "global"
kabhi_21 thumbnail
Lol.... anshu.... Globalisation has its own benefits and flaws.... I agree that globalisation can not be applied to all subjects such as traffic rules.... because the infrastructure in different countries is made suitable to their traffic rules....

But Globalisation can be applied to places that gives mutual benefits at mutual costs and for everything else, countrywise policies are better way. Ex: The accounting standardisation in India is done based on International accounting standards to make the accounts of Indian companies more comparable with the accounts of some company in another country. 😊