Asian Shows

Upcoming Dramas

sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago

i thought id keep everyone updated on what to look forward to the coming summer months...ill do this every few months😊

---------Upcoming Korean Dramas---------

Airing July11th
Time Between Dog and Wolf

Starring
Lee Joon Ki as Lee Soo Hyun
Nam Sang Mi as Suh Ji Woo
Jung Kyung Ho as Kang Min Gi

Genre: Action/Romance
Episodes: 22

Synopsis

Lee Soo Hyun a courageous and energetic man who wants revenge on a criminal group. Suh Ji Woo met Soo Hyun when they were children and fell in love with him. Due to a sudden accident, they had to separate. They meet each other again when they are working as secret agents disguised as museum curators. However, they separate once again because Soo Hyun wants to revenge on his parents enemies. Both belong to a special investigation unit against an international narcotic drug crime organization

Airing July 2nd
The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince (aka. Coffee Prince)

Starring
Yoon Eun Hye as Go Eun Chan
Gong Yoo as Choi Han Kyul
Lee Sun Gyun as Choi Han Sung
Chae Jung Ahn as Han Yoo Joo

Genre: Romance/Comedy
Episodes: 16

Synopsis
This drama is based from a romantic comedy manga by writer Lee Sun Mi (). The heroine, Go Eun Chan, disguises herself as a man in order to avoid an arranged marriage. She works in a coffee specialty shop and then falls in love with the hot-tempered president of the shop, Choi Han Kyul. Han Kyul thinks that Eun Chan is a man so he starts to think about his sexuality and Eun Chae is torned that she cannot reveal herself unless she wants to get herself married off

Airing July 11th
How to Meet a Perfect Neighbour

Starring
Kim Seung Woo as Baek Soo Chan
Bae Doo Na as Jung Yoon Hee

Genre: Romance
Episodes: 20

Synopsis
Baek Soo Chan (Kim Seung Woo) has nothing in his hands but he lives a life under the belief that he will become the man any woman who sits next to him wants. However, his belief is questioned when he starts to realize true love. This drama will be focusing on the relationships of four persons who are living in the company's dorms. A professional con-man, a successor to the company, a lawyer and her meddling assistant

Airing July
The City of God

Starring
Song Seung Hun
Han Ga In

Genre:
Romance
Episodes:

Synopsis
Song Seung Hun will be playing a cold-hearted entrepreneur who changes greatly after all of his family members died in an accident. Han Ga In will be playing a kind-hearted, positive thinking girl who meets and falls in love with Song Seung Hun but has to leave him because he was convicted of murder

--------Upcoming Taiwanese Dramas--------

Airing June 25th
Calling Love
('Ma Que Ai Shang Feng Huang')

Starring:
Lee Wei as Steven
Li Xiao Lu as Tiffany 

Episodes: ?

Synopsis
Tiffany, a runaway bride from the countryside, was at the wrong place at the right time. She had picked up an abandoned cellphone outside a hotel window and answered a fateful call from Steven. As it turned out, the phone belonged to Li Hui, who had been kidnapped. Steven sought Tiffany's help in rescuing Li Hui, as he was too far away to save Li Hui in time. Through this twist of fate, two of them became friends over the phone despite having never met each other.

Airing Summer 2007 (date TBA)
The X-Family
('Zhong Ji Yi Jia')

Starring
Pauline Lan as Xia Xiong
Jiro Wang as Xia Tian
Tang Yu Zhe as Xia Yu
Huang Xiao Rou as Xia Mei

Genre: Fantasy/Comedy

Synopsis
After Da Dong and his gang lost all of their powers, dark forces began to invade on their world and other parallel worlds. To help restore Da Dong's power, scouts were sent out to other parallel worlds to find Da Dong's alternate self. They found a boy named Xia Tian whose fighting power was abnormally high. If they could harness his fighting potential, he could save all the worlds from falling into the hands of the dark forces.

---------Upcoming Japanese Dramas---------

Airing July 9th
First Kiss

Starring
Inoue Mao as Fukunaga Mio
Ito Hideaki as Kano Ikki
Hiraoka Yuuta as Yuuki Akio
Matsuyuki Yasuko as Takagi Renko

Episodes:
?

Synopsis
Mio is a selfish brat who comes back to Japan after 10 years of staying in America. She has been receiving treatment for an incurable disease. Ikki, her brother, works as an assistant cameraman. He has given up on his ambition to be promoted and now lives an indolent lifestyle. The siblings reunite, and they are both surprised at each others changes. Mio reminds her brother of the promise he gave her when he accidentally stole her first kiss 10 years ago. He promised to help her find love and a true first kiss.

Airing July 3rd
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e - Ikemen Paradise

Starring
Horikita Maki as Ashiya Mizuki
Oguri Shun as Sano Izumi
Ikuta Toma as Nakatsu Shuichi

Genre: Highschool/Romance/Comedy
Episodes:
?

Synopsis
The drama is based on the popular manga of the same name by Nakajo Hisaya, which has already been dramatized in Taiwan. Horikita plays the protagonist Ashiya Mizuki, a Japanese girl in the U.S. who one day sees the young athlete Sano Izumi (Oguri) compete in the high jump on television. She begins to idolize him, and decides to move to Japan to attend the same school as him. However, Izumi goes to an all-boys school, so Mizuki disguises herself as a boy to achieve her dream of being with her idol

Airing July 11th
Hotaru no Hikari

Starring
Ayase Haruka as Amemiya Hotaru
Fujiki Naohito as Takano Seiichi
Kato Kazuki as Teshima Makoto

Episodes: ?

Synopsis
This drama is based on the popular shojo manga of the same name by Hiura Satoru. Hotaru Amemiya is an office lady who would rather sleep at home than pursue love. However, due to unexpected circumstances, she begins to live with her boss and finds herself in love with a younger man named Makoto.

Airing July 5th
Katagoshi no Koibito

Starring
Yonekura Ryoko as Hayasaka Moe
Takaoka Saki as Murono Ruriko
Nagai Masaru as Murono Noboyuki
Tanabe Seiichi as Kakizaki Yusuke

Synopsis
Based on the Naoki Prize-winning novel, "Katagoshi no Koibito" by Yuikawa Kei, the drama revolves around two friends who approach love with opposite perspectives. Hayasaka Moe(Yonekura) is an office lady who cannot decide on marriage while her friend Ruriko declares that she cannot live without love

Airing July 13th
Empress
('Jotei')

Starring
Kato Rosa as Tachibana Ayaka
Matsuda Shota as Date Naoto

Synopsis
Based on the manga of the same name by, Ryo Kurashina. The show is about a hostess named Ayaka who toys with the wealthy and influential

Airing July 1st
Seven Days of a Daddy and a Daughter
('Papa to Musume no Nanokakan')

Starring
Tachi Hiroshi as Kawahara Kyoichiro
Aragaki Yui as Kawahara Koume

Genre: Comedy

Synopsis
Based off the novel of the same name by, Igarashi Takahisa. The show will feature a comical "Freaky Friday"-like plot, where an accident on a train results in a father and high school daughter exchanging bodies

These are not ALL the shows airing this summer, I chose the ones I found most appealing but i will update this list with others...

πŸ˜ƒKhushπŸ˜ƒ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

misspickle thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanx baby sis! πŸ˜ƒ I can't wait to see my future husband Song seung hun in action. Muhahaha!!!
angel_10 thumbnail
They all sound so kool! i am lukin forward to The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince (aka. Coffee Prince)and
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e - Ikemen Paradise
sweethoney06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
wow so many great shows are coming out can't wait πŸ˜ƒ

thx for the info 😊
BengaliChica92 thumbnail
kool, they all soun pretty good!! I wanna see calling of love!
tiki5434 thumbnail

Hahah you have no idea how long I've been waiting for "Time Between Dog and Wolf"

Seriously.. since DECEMBER!!! I was going through my ljk phase at that point in time πŸ˜†
Can't wait to watch it! It had better be good!!! πŸ˜ƒ
BengaliChica92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Taheera~

Hahah you have no idea how long I've been waiting for "Time Between Dog and Wolf"

Seriously.. since DECEMBER!!! I was going through my ljk phase at that point in time πŸ˜†
Can't wait to watch it! It had better be good!!! πŸ˜ƒ

Lmao...Hahaha poor you Dec is long!  I'm going crazy just waiting for ISWAK2 and its only been like 2months...After ya watch Time Between Dog and Wolk, plz tell me if its good soo I can watch it!