DAN, RUPERT , EMMA INTERVIEW WITH RYAN

-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 19 years ago
On Air With Ryan Seacrest

Transcript of an interview with "Harry Potter" cast members on "On Air With Ryan Seacrest" (syndicated - USA), 3rd June 2004.

Lisa Canning: Does it seem even bigger than all the other Harry Potter premieres you've been to?

Emma Watson: It is insane! I did not think these Harry Potter premieres could get any bigger but somehow they've managed to. The amount of people here... it's crazy!

LC: Thousands of people have lined the streets of New York City (mostly young girls) for one reason only.

Crowd: Harry Potter! Harry Potter! Harry Potter!

Daniel Radcliffe: We kind of knew it was going to be a bit mad yesterday because there hadn't been a premiere for about, what, almost two years now, so we knew it was going to be a bit mad but I didn't quite count on this. It's brilliant though, it's fantastic.

Scene: Knight Bus

LC: Everything about the third instalment of the Harry Potter franchise is bigger, including its three young stars Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint.

You're taller, you're growing up, are you feeling good about this?

DR: Not as tall as Rupert. He's a giant now, he's HUGE!

LC: You're getting very tall. How tall are you?

Rupert Grint: Um, I don't know. I'm not sure, but taller!

DR: It's good to grow! It feels good. I was getting a bit of a complex because I'd grown about an inch in a year last year so I was getting a bit scared then but I am now starting to grow again. Which I'm thankful for!

LC: And now that the kids are getting older, it seems romances are starting to blossom on the set. At least according to the film's director, Alfonso Cuaron.

Alfonso Cuaron: You hear the whispering, you see them passing notes and you hear who fancies whom but it was very obvious - the pollen was in the air.

LC: Is it true that people were passing notes?

EW: Yeah, people passed notes. I mean, we're teenagers, you know... yeah!

LC: Now Daniel denied everything, just so you know!

EW: Oh, did he?

LC: Any romance on the set I should know about?

DR: I'm sorry to disappoint you. I really am very sorry.

LC: Nothing?

DR: Nothing, sorry! I think we know each other too well to be going out now!

LC: He said you're all friends and I have no interest in going out with anybody.

EW: Well, yeah, that is safe and... same for me!

LC: One thing is for sure: Potter fans have been waiting a long time to see the third book come to life on the big screen. And Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is certain not to disappoint.

Scene: "There's something moving out there."

LC: Everyone's talking about this movie, they're saying it's a little darker, it's a little scarier, it's a little bit more sophisticated. How would you describe it?

DR: I wouldn't any more because you've kind of said everything there!! That's exactly what it is - it's a much more adult film but I don't think it's going to be too much for the younger kids because even though it's a very scary film, the scariest elements are psychological.

LC: Just one month after the third film hits theatres, Radcliffe will celebrate his fifteenth birthday and that has some critics wondering if Harry Potter hitting puberty could have an adverse effect on the fourth instalment which has already begun filming.

LC: Everybody's sort of saying, there might be an age thing...

DR: I am a bit older than Harry now. I'm almost about ten months older than him now in theory. What I am slightly worried about is the fact that we've fitted all my clothes for me and we're actually shooting at the moment the end of the film, so I'm probably going to shrink towards the end of the film because we're shooting the end of the film first. It's probably going to look very strange. If you watch the first film, the last scene of the film was the first one we shot so I'm (puts on squeaky voice) even more squeaky-voiced in that one!

LC: Yes, I noticed your voice is very deep and manly!
DR: It's actually an affectation - I don't normally sound like this at all. It's much higher in real life!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Anjali* thumbnail

Originally posted by: misha

LC: Yes, I noticed your voice is very deep and manly!
DR: It's actually an affectation - I don't normally sound like this at all. It's much higher in real life!

😆 you would think that someone who interviews a celebrity would actually ask something meaningful!!!!!! what a weird statement 😕

thanks misha!

Monaji thumbnail
Originally posted by: anjali308

😆 you would think that someone who interviews a celebrity would actually ask something meaningful!!!!!! what a weird statement 😕

thanks misha!

😆😆😆

Morgoth thumbnail

This interview is better than one some kids channel had conducted with him. In that one of the ques was:

Do you eat the stuff from your nose? (Yeeeeeeccchhhhhhh!!!!!🤢)

Dan's Reply (shocked and laughing at same time): NO!!!!!!

Talk about "meaningful" questions!😆

Edited by MysticaMagic - 19 years ago
Who-I-Used-2-Be thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

Yeah mystica, i know which interview u r talking abt, it really was kind of weird for Dan.........Some more MEANINGFUL 😉 questions asked were:

When was the last time you vomitted? ( yucks )
Dan: I got food poisoning from oysters. (Couldn't make out all of that bit.)

What is the most disgusting thing you have eaten?
Dan: Probably those oysters I just told you about.

Do you have bad breath?
Dan: I don't think so. 😆

Anyways, thanx for the interview misha.