Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pallavi25 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Part 5

A LITTLE MERMAID BECKONS ME/ UNDER THE SEA/ TO DROWN IN HER LOVE!

Poolside Restaurant and BBQ Place:
Kripa and Mishti reached the small restaurant overlooking a crystal blue pool and the sea below. There was a Tiki Bar on one side of the restaurant that served all kinds of cocktails and fruit drinks. Most people preferred to sit outside under thatched umbrellas in rustic-looking chairs, sipping cold cocktails and eating snack-type lunch.

Their parents hadn't yet arrived so the 2 girls sat down under an umbrella enjoying the bright afternoon sunlight and watching the antics of young boys and girls at the pool below! There was a group of teenagers playing pool volleyball and having a rocking time! They yelled and hooted and splashed around while Mishti, Kripa and others laughed and enjoyed their game.

Finally at 1:30, their parents finally turned up. Naina said Dilip had been held up at golf practice.
The parents went inside the restaurant but the girls stayed outside enjoying the warm winter sun!
Kripa sipped on a virgin (alcohol-free) Pina Colada and lunched on grilled mushrooms and paneer, while Mishti had a margerita and grilled Kebabs.

As they were having their ice-creams after lunch, Kripa suddenly spotted Angad at the Tiki Bar with two of his band-members, sipping a martini and looking at her! He raised his glass to her as their eyes met. Kripa smiled and waved back …..Mishti turned to see whom she was waving at and grinned.

Mishti: Ohh Good, Angad is here too! Let's go and talk to him!
Kripa: You go, I am staying right here (eating her ice-cream seriously)
Mishti sat down grumbling : "You are such a spoilsport"…… but she didn't go either but just waved cheerily at Angad. He waved back, grinning widely.
After finishing his drink, he strolled up to their table :
Angad: Can I join you ladies?
Mishti : Sure, do take a seat (very pleased)

Kripa silently ate her ice-cream as she blinked at Angad …… he stared with fascination at her little pink tongue licking the mango ice-cream from her cone…….wild thoughts came into his head……he looked away and cleared his voice, shifting uncomfortably in his seat.

He asked Mishti: So what are u two up to now?
Mishti : YOU tell us about some fun things to do around here……I am getting bored already.
Angad: You can go windsurfing or parasailing with me……want to go? (he quirked an eyebrow at Kripa's horrified face).
Kripa: (shaking her head vigorously)…..Noooo way…mujhey oonchaiyon se darr lagta hai….
Angad: Girney ka darr hai? Main hoon na, main tumhey girney nahin doonga, I promise (he pinched his neck in a promise)
Kripa looked at his laughing eyes and blushed at the promise in his eyes…..
Aur agar gir gayi toh?? She asked softly.
Angad: Main tumhey pakad loonga…
Their eyes duelled, asking, promising, replying in an age-old battle!
Mishti (impatiently listening to their tete-a-tete)…….C'MONNN, lets not waste time discussing! Theek hai, agar Kripa ko darr lagta hai toh lets do something less daring.
Angad: How about speedboats? Are u scared of boats too, Kripaaa? (teasingly drawling her name)
Kripa flung her head back defiantly and said: OF COURSE NOT……I LOVE boats, last year we had gone on Malaysia cruise, I didn't throw up even once (she said proudly)
Angad laughed : Coolll, then its settled, lets go ride the waves.

He took them down to the boat-dock and they boarded a big white 4-seater speedboat. Angad put on sunglasses to shield against the glare of sun on the water and took the wheel of the boat!

Mishti and Kripa were both surprised to see Angad taking the wheel to steer the boat away from the dock!
Kripa: Aapko boat chalana aata hai?
Angad: OF COURSE! I am a Goan (he said proudly)…I grew up in boats!
Angad revved up the engines and the boat flew into the sparkling waves like a water-bird!
The boat picked up speed, racing over the waves of the gentle afternoon sea, gracefully dancing up and down on the swells and ebbs! Kripa and Mishti giggled at the bumpy sensations, holding onto their seats as the wind whipped about their faces and dresses!

Kripa stole quick glances at Angad standing straight at the wheel, his white open-necked shirt blowing in the wind, commanding the boat like a ship's captain.
"He looks even better with sunglasses" she thought with a secret smile as her pulse quickened.

Angad turned to look at her as if hearing her thoughts and smiled knowingly! His eyes swept over her sitting primly on the seat, holding on to her skirt which was billowing in the wind!

She looks like a sea-nymph in her blue dress, he thought, with a few strands of hair loosened by the wind clinging to her face, which she was trying hard to move away with one hand!
He hummed a song to himself:
Tum jo mil gaye ho toh yeh lagta hai
ke jahan mil gaya
Ek bhatkey huey raahi ko karvaan mil gaya…
.baitho na door humsey dekho khafa na ho,
kismat se mil gaye ho
milkey judaa na ho
meri kya khata hai, hota hai yeh bhi,
ke zameen pe bhi mujhey aasmaan mil gaya…

They had a great time riding the waves as he took them along the coastline and showed them some points of interest along the resort walls above them…..That is the Club-house, that's the Gym, theres the golf-course…

When the boat docked at the jetty, Mishti, being taller, easily leaped out of the boat, but Kripa had problems climbing out with her long skirt! She was holding her skirt up in one hand and trying to climb up to the high dock…. Angad who was behind her suddenly picked her up in his arms…..Kripa gasped in shock…..he just smiled at her upturned face and lifted her up to the jetty effortlessly as if she was a feather …..Kripa trembled at his nearness and his touch but she managed to keep a straight face and thanked him, looking down as she tried to calm her beating pulse! Angad bent down near her neck and whispered : U r most welcome!
Kripa ran after Mishti, escaping her sea-pirate with the wicked eyes!

Mishti bid goodbye to Angad, thanking him profusely for the wonderful boat-ride, Angad promised to meet them after show that night! The girls went back to their room to rest and get ready for the evening!

------------------------------------------------------

Pallavi
pallavi25 thumbnail
Part 6

KILLING ME SOFTLY WITH HIS SONG./HE SANG HIS WAY/ INTO MY HEART

Kripa returned to her room, shut the door and leaned against it, closing her eyes, breathing deeply as if she had run miles! Her pulse was racing and her heart thudding in her chest! She could still feel his warm breath on her neck, whispering and blowing the soft tendrils of hair, making her neck tingle with strange sensations!

Her knees still trembled from the feeling of his strong arms holding beneath them as he lifted her in his arms, her arm still warm from his other hand around her back. She touched her heated cheeks and thought:
Why does he make me feel this way? Is it because hes the first man to touch me, to approach me so boldly?
Or is it something more? ......

Kripa dressed with special care that evening. She wore a dark blue knee-length dress with shoulder straps and little sequins on the front and small crystal earrings and a thin necklace. She applied pink lip gloss and a little blue eye-shadow for the first time!

Mishti wore a silver top with grey satin pants and silver jewelry. She was pleased to see Kripa dress up so nicely without being urged……… She gave a secret smile to herself!
Naina and Dilip wore formal dresses as well. They told the girls that they would be dining with the Mehras that evening at the Italian restaurant but the girls preferred to go to Morisco as they wanted to see Angad perform.

Morisco:
The place was even more crowded today as more guests had started arriving for Christmas vacations. Over the next few days, the guests would steadily increase till Christmas day to New Year the resort would be almost 80 percent booked!

After dinner, the lights dimmed again and just as the night before, Angad made a dramatic appearance after a warmup session by the Goa Boyz! He stood in the circle of light, legs parted, guitar in hand and started playing.
Kripa's heart raced in excitement and anticipation of his every movement!
Angad slowly turned, playing the guitar and started singing:

http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/movie/VF000006.html (Dil ka kya Kasoor--Kumar Sanu)

Dil jigar nazar kya hai main toh tere liye jaan bhi de doon
Oh mere jaanejaan tu hai mera jahaan main to tere liye jaan bhi de doon….

He saw Kripa sitting with Mishti at the same table and approached them singing as usual:

Mainey tujhko chaha ismey meri khata kya
Dil ne tujhko apna mana iski sazaa kya
Oh mere humkadam chalengey saath hum
Main to tere liye jaan bhi de doon…..

Sun le masti mein doobey mere taraaney
Dil hai tera deewana, lekin tu yeh na jaaney
Ae mere humnasheen kar lo mera yakeen
Main to tere liye jaan bhi de doon….

Dil mein lakhon armaan aankhon mein hain sapney
Tum ho ajnabee per lagtey ho mujhko apney
Tu hai meri khushi, tu meri zindagi
Main to tere liye jaan bhi de doon……

Kripa blushed throughout the song, understanding what he was saying to her with his song! Somehow tonight she didn't mind being serenaded in public by this jaadugar! He must have done some jaadu on her, she thought, that she was actually enjoying his attention towards her! She smiled and clapped in delight when the song ended!

Angad started the next song: a popular Goan hit : Huiya Hu and the other guys joined him as well, rocking the place with their fast beats and foot-tapping music!

After that he sang a number originally by Bombay Vikings: Angel Eyes (again looking at Kripa and serenading her with his song)

Angel eyes, angel eyes
Inkaar mein bhi koi ikraar ka pehlu ho
Jaanam teri baaton mein ek pyaar ki khushboo ho, oh yeah
Baitha hoon kayi armaan liye
I'm still waitin for you night and day
Baby cast all your fears away
Everything's gonna be okay
Angel eyes, mere khwaabon mein tu
Dekhoon jidhar chhaayi hai tu harsu
Angel eyes, tera hai intezaar
Tu hi to hai mere dil ka qaraar
Aise gale mile, hum ek hi ho jaaye
Dekhe na koi hamein, ek duje mein kho jaaye, oh yeah
Haathon mein dil apna liye
I'm still waitin just to hear you say
That you want me like I want you
Bring me love that's sent from you
Tu hi to hai mere dil ka qaraar
Haathon mein dil apna liye
I'm still waitin just to hear you say
That you want me like I want you
Bring me love that's sent from you
Tu hi to hai mere dil ka qaraar, ho

Kripa smiled at him sweetly as he sang close to their table, Angad saw her smile and put a hand on his heart as if struck by an arrow and winked! Kripa laughed at him flirting…….Mishti was silently observing their interaction and secretly smiling to herself!

Angad sang a few more songs and then the performance ended for the night amidst loud applause!

When Mishti and Kripa went out into the lobby looking for Angad, they saw him talking to a middle-aged woman in the hallway behind the tree.
The woman was heavily jewelled and wearing a garish pink zardozi that didn't suit her coloring at all. Her plump fingers were on Angad's chest and arms, seemingly urging him to do something as he tried to back off from her. Her fingers were covered with sparkling rings of all sizes!

Suddenly Angad spotted Mishti and Kripa, he grinned with relief and somehow escaped from that over-attentive lady!
He reached the girls and turned around with his back to that woman, muttering under his breath :Please help me escape that ….that woman, ladies! I will be grateful to u forever!
Mishti sized the situation at once and said loudly: Angad, chalo na hamarey saath…. club chaltey hain dance ke liye"
Angad (loudly) : Haan chalo, lets go! He grabbed both their elbows and rushed out of the building, walking some distance on the pathway before he finally let them go and breathed a loud sigh of relief!
Angad: Baal-baal bach gaya, aaj to woh aurat meri chutney bana daalti!
Mishti: Kaun hai woh?
Angad: Mrs. Luthra……. Hamesha mere peechhey padi rehti hai (with irritation)
Mishti laughed in amusement and said: Pehli baar kisi mard ko itna dartey huey dekha..
Angad: Uska chehra dekha, daravni thi na? Uspar woh jewelry aur sari, kauva chali hans ki chaal ……..
Both Mishti and Angad laughed hysterically at that but Kripa was a little taken aback at what was going on, she didn't quite understand why he wanted to escape from that Mrs. Luthra!
Suddenly Mishti said: Oh God! Main toh apna purse dining-room mein hi chhod aayi…..tum dono yahin per wait karo, main abhi purse lekar aati hoon….Baby, don't go anywhere!
She ran back to the restaurant down the garden-path!

Angad turned to Kripa and teasingly drawled: So Baabyyy…
Kripa turned angrily on him: Don't call me that….I am NOT a baby!
His bold eyes naughtily looked her up and down, glancing over her delicate curves,
"Haan woh to zaahir hai ke tum ab baby nahin ho…..
Kripa blushed hotly and turned to leave in anger. Angad grabbed her elbow hard, his fingers digging into her soft skin…..Kripa trembled and turned to yell at him but he smiled at her gently and held his ear with one hand, silently mouthing "Sorry"

Kripa relaxed and stayed instead of leaving! He still held her elbow but now his hold was gentler and one finger lazily caressed the skin inside her arm! Kripa shivered and tried to pull her hand away from his arousing touch! He held it still in a firm and strong grip, his finger feeling her pulse inside her arm, a pulse that was racing at 80 miles per hour! The garden path was deserted, it was dark with only some Chinese lanterns and moonbeams lighting up the dark walkways! She and Angad were the only people there!

Suddenly her heart started beating faster as she realized she was alone there with Angad! She looked at him in the semi-darkness and saw he was gazing at her intently. She was slightly scared now and breathed faster in her agitation. He bent near her face and said in a low, deep voice: Kripa, you are looking stunning tonight! Kripa shivered and tried to turn away from him!

His hand snaked up to her face and held her chin, turning her towards him……Why are you so afraid of me? I wont ever hurt you, u know, not for the world"
Kripa couldn't answer but just looked at him wide-eyed and fearful of his next action.
Angad leaned over her and brought his face very close to hers, his eyes gazed deeply into her eyes in the gloom.
He said "Kripa main tumhey kabhi hurt nahin karoonga, mujh par bharosa rakho!
Kripa's lips trembled as she tried to say something but couldn't as she became tongue-tied at his nearness, his hot breath on her face and his lips just inches away from hers!

Her lips parted in a slight gasp as his other hand went around her slim waist and brought her body closer to his……she became breathless with anticipation of what she didn't know….Angad gazed longingly at her moist pink lips …..he couldn't help himself, as his lips lightly brushed hers once, twice and then he let her go suddenly, turning away and breathing deeply to control his passion! Before he lost his head and really scared her, he stopped going further!
Angad: I am sorry, Kripa! I ….I didn't mean to ….blame it on the moonlight and dark night (he laughed mockingly)
Kripa remained quiet and trembled, shocked at what had just happened, her lips still tingling from the light strokes of his firm lips!

------------------------------------------------------

Pallavi
pallavi25 thumbnail
Part 7

HEARTBEAT, HEARTBEAT WHAT DO YOU TELL ME NOW?

Crickets sang in the bushes, a cool sea breeze swayed the plam tree tops, faint sounds floated in the air from nearby Morisco as Angad and Kripa stood still, lost in their own thoughts!
Kripa's mind was numb, lips tingling, heart racing as she shivered slightly, hugging herself as she thought…..he kissed me, he actually kissed me and I didn't stop him….deep in her heart she had wanted him to, she realized. Her first kiss……..
Angad was agitatedly running his hands through his hair……[shes so innocent, it was too early, too soon, but I couldn't help myself, now what if she shuts herself out on me because of this!] He turned abruptly and saw Kripa shivering in the night air, the tremor on her bare shoulders. He quietly took off his jacket and put it around her shoulders.
Kripa looked up at him in surprise ……Angad just gently said : "thand lag jaayegi, chalo andar chaltey hain, Kripa.
Kripa silently walked back with him to the restaurant.
Just as they were walking in, Mishti came out talking to her mother on the mobile: " Haan Mama, hum abhi nikal rahey hain….Don't worry, haan Baby mere saath hi hai, hum dus minute mein pahunch jayengey, rooms mein pahunchtey hi I will call u, Okay, Bye Mama!
It was 11:15 and Naina was calling to check up on her daughters. Mishti saw Angad and Kripa come in through the doors….." Oh there u are, achha hua tum dono yahan aa gaye. Chalo Kripa, Mama worry kar rahi hai. Thanks, Angad!
She grabbed Kripa's arm and ran to the shuttle that was just pulling up outside …….Angad called out after them….Goodnight Mishti …..(softly) Kripa"
Mishti: (looking back at Angad and smiled) ----G'Night Angad, tomorrow same place?
Angad: I will be right here waiting for you!
Kripa's heart thumped loudly when she heard him say that!
Angad stood at Morisco's double door, waiting, willing Kripa to look back at him once in goodbye……."if she looks back, that means everything is alright between us" he thought…."please Kripa look back just once"
Just before boarding the shuttle, Kripa paused with her hand on the door handle and turned to see that face again, the face she knew would haunt her dreams that night! He was standing at the door gazing longingly after her, their eyes met, he waved at her, she half-smiled and boarded the bus.
Suddenly she realized that his leather jacket was still draped over her shoulders, embracing her like his arms. She turned to call out to him but the shuttle had already started moving away from Morisco.
Mishti asked her as she sat down: Arey yeh to Angad ka jacket hai…..
Kripa: Haan wo bahar thand thi isliye Angad ne……
Mishti: Koi baat nahin, kal usko wapas de dena….kal to mil hi rahey hain ussey.

Mishti turned and gave a secret smile. Things were proceeding exactly as she had planned. She had made that excuse abt her purse to leave those two alone together for some time. Looked like it had worked, judging from the expressions on their faces as they walked in., something must have happened……..Kripa's face had been flushed with color, Angad looked bemused as if hit by a brick.

From the first night, Mishti had noticed Angad was interested in Kripa and for the 1st time, she had seen her little sister react to a man so strongly. Mishti was delighted……..at last her sister was behaving like a normal 20 year old girl……showing interest in a guy instead of being buried in her paints, books and music.
Ever since Kripa had turned 18, Mishti, who was 5 years her senior, had tried to fix Kripa up with guys, trying to make her go out on dates with her own boyfriends' brothers, cousins, friends…..kripa wasn't interested. Mishti dragged Kripa to parties, introduced her to nice young men, expecting her to dance with them…….Kripa just stood in a corner sipping a cold drink and refused all offers to dance….her excuse was she didn't know how to dance.

Mishti enrolled Kripa in jazz and Ballroom dancing classes, Kripa quit after a month saying she sprained her ankle. Mishti even tricked her once into going on a double-date with her boyfriend and his brother….but Kripa just sat there quietly eating, drinking and listening to Mishti and the 2 guys!

Initially the guys would be interested in her……after all she was a very pretty young girl, but after a while they lost interest as she didn't show any interest in them…….they usually got tired of her monosyllabic answers, her silence and absolute lack of enthusiasm in a relationship! Boys in Mumbai expected a girl to come halfway which Kripa wouldn't! As a result, Kripa hadnt had a single boyfriend so far which really bothered Ms.Social Butterfly Mishti. She herself had been going steady with Kartik Aggarwal, son of Papa's friend Mr. Aggarwal. Kartik was doing his MBA in Chicago and as soon as he graduated he will return and they will get married so Mishti was set for life! But her sister hadnt even had any flings yet!!

So far no guy had been as persistent as Angad in pursuing Kripa, so Mishti thought he was just perfect for Kripa for a little holiday romance. Mishti didn't expect them to get serious or anything, just a little harmless flirtation, maybe a kiss or two and then bye-bye to Goa and to Angad! Mishti herself had a fling with a Delhi boy last year on the Malaysia cruise …..it had been great fun while it lasted but after coming back she had spoken to him only once on the phone! Mishti thought kripa was like her........... she was mistaken!

Kripa was lost in her own world, she unconsciously snuggled into his leather jacket, burrowing her face in the thick lapels…… it smelled of leather and HIM……a clean, manly essence that she savored. She closed her eyes, remembering the same essence on his breath as it had touched her upturned face, when his lips had brushed over hers! She slowly licked her lips, tasting his kiss, still feeling the warmth of those firm, full lips on hers. Her heart pounded with a strange thrilling sensation as if she was coming alive for the 1st time!

When they reached the suites, Mishti called Naina and both girls said goodnight to their parents on the phone, promising to meet them for breakfast the next morning as they were hardly seeing each other.

Kripa went to bed with the jacket by her pillow, her fingers touched the smooth leather, caressing it as she smiled dreamily…….remembering her first kiss and savoring the message her heartbeat relayed to her. She touched her lips with her fingers, feeling the softness……did he find them soft too? She wondered, blushing in the dark. She remembered his shallow breaths as he had turned away…..so he had been affected too, she thought with a smile as she went to sleep!

December 17, 8 a.m.

Mishti was yelling and banging on the bedroom door!
"Kripaaa utho jaldi se……ready ho jaao…..Mama-Papa ke saath breakfast per jaana hai na ----nau bajey….abhi aath bajey hain……Kripaaaa , Kripaaaa…
Kripa turned sleepily in her bed, groaning in protest! She hadnt slept properly thru the night……a handsome face kept appearing in her dreams, breathing close to her face, kissing her cheeks, her lips….she had woken up many times, her dreams looked too real!
Kripa finally got up: Okay…. Main aa rahi hoon , sleepily yawning, she opened the door.
Mishti: Kya baat hai, kal raat ko theek se soyi nahin kya? Kitni der se bula rahi hoon" (she smiled knowingly)
Kripa (rather angry at Mishti's early morning joviality): Subah subah itni chilla kyun rahi ho? Soney bhi nahin diya.
Mishti: Subaahh!! Pata hai kitney bajey hain? AAATHH!! Aur nau bajey breakfast ke liye jaana hai, chalo ready ho jaao"
Kripa grumbled : Tum to kal barah bajey tak soti rahi, mainey toh nahin jagaya tumhey?
Mishti : Kal ki baat aur thi, aaj ki baat aur……aaj breakfast per jaana hai aur phir Mama ke saath humein shopping jaana hai"
Kripa: Shopping?? Per mera painting?….
Mishti: Painting dopahar ko kar lena….
Kripa: Lekin dopahar ko light and shadow effect theek nahin rehta!
Mishti : Okay Baba, U stay here and paint all day. Main aur Mama shopping per chaley jayengey. Ab khush?
Kripa: Yeah... you both go……kaun si shopping ke liye jaaogey?
Mishti: Yahan resort ke bahar sheher mein bahut achhey antique stores hain…..hum wahin antiques khareedney jayengey apni business ke liye.
Kripa: Ohh That's great, tum bahut enjoy karogi….

She knew Mishti and Mama both loved antiques and bric-a-bracs and could spend hours at antique stores. No matter where they went on vacation, they always visited the antique stores and bought lots of rare pieces and artefacts which they then re-sold to their clients!

Mishti and kripa had breakfast with their parents at the Seashell restaurant where they caught up with updates of what each was doing. Naina and Dilip asked Kripa abt her painting which she said was going great. Naina asked kripa to go shopping with them, Kripa refused that she had to complete her unfinished painting.
After breakfast, Dilip went off to play golf with his friends, Naina and Mishti dropped Kripa off at the Suites ….
Naina:" Kripa apna khayal rakhna, hotel se zyada door mat jaana, yahin paas hi mein painting kar lena"
Kripa (annoyed): Mama main ab bachchi nahin hoon, I can take care of myself, u 2 go and enjoy!
Naina and Mishti left for bargain-hunting for antiques.
Kripa took her easel and paints and went to the parapet wall again…..it was a gorgeous day again, sunny, bright with magnificent views of the sparkling sea, roaring waves crashing against the rocks below!

Kripa worked on her half-finished painting for more than an hour…..it was almost finished when she again became aware of being watched……she knew who it was, without even turning, she said "Hi Angad"
Angad walked upto her, laughing silently at her instinctive knowledge of his arrival.
Good Morning, Kripa! Kaisi ho? He asked.
Kripa turned to look at him, he looked slightly tired (good, she thought, he hadnt slept well either)……his hair was all messed up from the wind (she suddenly had the urge to run her fingers thru his thick hair), he was wearing a blue jogging-set today.
Kripa replied : Main theek hoon! (Angad noted the belying shadows under her eyes and smiled at her sleeplessness)

He looked at her painting: Lagta hai you are almost done with ur painting.
Kripa: Haan its almost done, abhi thodey last minute touches deney hain….
Kripa started giving the finishing touches to her seascape, adding brush strokes here and there. After she was done, she stood back and tilted her head, studying the light and shade effects and judge the final outcome.

Angad also looked over her painting. He suddenly reached out and pointed out a spot amongst the rocks that she had missed shading properly. It was a spot where the waves were frothing and crashing against the rocks in her painting!
Kripa was amazed…… he was right…..she added the strokes there completing the effect.
Then she turned to Angad: Lagta hai aapko kaafi kuchh pata hai paintings ke baarey mein……kya apney art classes liye hain?
Angad: No no its not that….darasal mera ek dost hai……Arvind naam hai uska, Arvind Deshpande, URF Stalin!
Kripa: STALIN??
Angad: Haan (he chucked) ….apney aapko socialist samajhta hai! Waisey toh ameer baap ka beta hai….college mein mera room-mate tha……2nd year mein padhai chhod dee aur painter ban gaya. Ab yahin rehta hai paas mein. Pahad ke upar ek village hai ….beautiful scenery…..tum dekhogi toh pagal ho jayogi….an artist's paradise, wahi per rehta hai aur paintings banakar tourists ko bechta hai….Portraits bhi banata hai…
Kripa: Very interesting character…..Stalin…. I see (she laughed)
Angad: Haan very----kabhi le chaloonga tumhey uskey yahan if u are interested?
Kripa (enthusiastically)….Of course, aur main who village bhi dekhna chahungi jo itni sundar jagah hai…..
Angad : Absolutely……Beshaq.... it's the most beautiful place here in North Goa….pahad, samundar, old Portugese churches, white buildings set on hilltops looking down on sea-cliffs and rocky coastline….
Kripa looked on dreamily at his romantic description of the little village….she was eager to go there.
Kripa : Kya wahan bahut se artists rehtey hain?
Angad :SURE! At least 80 percent of all Goan artists live there and paint their stuff!
Kripa: Toh main wo jageh zaroor dekhoongee! Le chalengey mujhey?
Angad: Zaroor, kyun nahin? Kal chaltey hain? ( he smiled, delighted at the success of his hard-selling tactics)
Kripa happily replied: Okay Kal chalengey, pakka!

Then she suddenly asked him: Aap college mein kaun si subject padhtey the?
Angad: Main Civil engineering padh raha tha. I graduated last January.
Kripa is totally shocked now…..she would have never dreamt that he was an engineer.
Kripa: Aap Civil Engineer hain?
Angad : Haan, degree mein toh wahi likha hai (laughing )
Kripa: Toh phir aap….aap… (blushing)….aap hotel mein…..
Angad: Main hotel mein gaana kyun gaata hoon? Sab Papi pet ka sawaal hai ( he laughed again in self-mockery) Actually the problem is….mujhey college ke liye kaafi loans leney padey……aur abhi tak koi achhi naukri nahin mili, isliye yahan resort mein gaana gaata hoon band ke saath…..kharcha bhi chal jaata hai aur khushi bhi milti hai logon ko anand dekar!

Kripa: Aap kya bahut dinon se is band mein hain…..Goa Boyz mein?
Angad: Haan, 7-8 saalon se main unkey saath gaa raha hoon. Theyre my oldest buddies!

Kripa was really interested now! She wanted to know all about him, he was such a fascinating man, such a unique person, civil engineer by profession, singer by choice…..she had never met anyone like him before!
She looked at him admiringly! Angad was enjoying her interest in him now, her probing questions, the admiration in her innocent, guileless eyes! Those eyes could rarely hide any emotion, they were very expressive and revealing of each inner thought.

Kripa: Aap yahan resort mein kitney dinon se kaam kar rahey hain?
Angad: Pehley zyadatar summer, fall and winter vacations mein karta tha, tab university ki padhai chal rahi thi…..ab full time yahan kaam karta hoon!
Kripa: Aap yehin per rehtey hain?
Angad: Haan, resort waalon ne mujhey staff quarters mein ek room diya hai but I have my own house in the town nearby.
Kripa: Your own house? Do ur parents live there with u?
Angad (suddenly abrupt) …..My parents arent here anymore……
His face changed suddenly from joviality and humor to anger and sadness! It was as if a shutter fell over his friendly, charming smile and a dark gloom descended over him!
Kripa noticed this change, she realized he didn't want to talk abt his parents!

Angad abruptly changed the subject: Kripa tum mere saath abhi Lunch per chalogi?
Kripa was taken aback at the suddenness of his question:
Uhhh Okay I will….. She said. (she thought abt her mom and Mishti but then she remembered they were lunching outside in town and had asked her to eat at the poolside restaurant!
Angad grinned in delight at her acceptance and said : main abhi change karkey aata hoon adhey ghantey mein….phir dono saath chalengey, okay?

Kripa agreed smiling, then she suddenly remembered: Ohhh Angad……aapka jacket! She took the jacket from under her art supplies. She had brought the jacket alongwith her ….somehow she knew that Angad would meet her again at the painting spot!

Angad's eyes glinted at her with amusement and something else: Tum woh jacket yahan le aayi ho? Kya tumhey pata tha ke main yahan aaoonga? ( he quizzed her)
Kripa (blushing) ….Wo mainey socha …..ke aap…..
Angad went close to her and put a finger on her lips……she trembled again at his nearness! She looked up wide-eyed at his piercing look, eyes that searched her soul again, she wondered if he would kiss her again but he just looked at her lips and said softly: I Know tumney kya socha tha aur bilkul theek socha tha…..hum dono ki soch ek jaisi hai…..( he looked longingly at her lips, his eyes told hers how much he wanted to kiss her right then but he couldn't)
She blushed, her lips trembled under his finger, he moved his finger and put it on his lips suggestively with a slight smile…….then he took his jacket from her nerveless hands, turned and left, saying over his shoulders : See u soon, Baby!
Kripa reddened again but not in anger…..he had called her baby again but not in the same tone as her family members did……this was different, with another meaning. She moved to the parapet with trembling legs and sat down on the low wall to wait for his return.
Why did he always leave her blushing, flustered and breathless?

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------

Pallavi
pallavi25 thumbnail
Part 8

DOWN BY THE SEA/ MY BABY AND ME/ FOUND HAPPINESS LOST IN A SEASHELL

Kripa gathered up her artwork and supplies and waited for Angad's return by the wall, deeply lost in thought. As she heard Angad approach her, she turned to look at him…….he had showered and changed into an open-necked white shirt again with khaki pants, looking like the sea-pirate that he always resembled. His hair was still wet from the shower and gleamed slickly against his leonine head.

Kripa silently took up her art stuff; Angad picked up her easel and they walked back to her room. She asked Angad to wait for her in the living-room while she bathed and changed for lunch. She wore a dark pink top with cut-off denim pants…..she wasn't making the mistake of wearing a skirt again in Goa, it was too windy for skirts! She tied her hair in a ponytail and put on simple shell earrings which dangled near her neck.
When she emerged after changing, Angad admired her fresh look, his eyes glinting, he said: Lets go to the Barbecue place.

At the poolside BBQ, they sat under thatched umbrellas at first but then Angad realized a lot of the people there were staring at him and Kripa……they knew Angad from his band performances and must have be wondering who the pretty girl with him was! Angad got and up and said " lets sit inside, Kripa"
Kripa looked around and understood, they went inside the restaurant and got a corner table with more privacy.
Angad: Kripa kaun si drinks logi?
Kripa ordered a Shirley Temple, Angad had a screwdriver (vodka and orange juice)
The Shirley Temple came with a pair of cherries on top, Kripa took out a cherry and rolled it around in her mouth…..Angad stared at her, fascinated by her unconsciously seductive action……his throat became dry, he took a gulp of his drink and looked away, his face flushed!
He opened the two top buttons of his shirt, saying: Yahan bahut garmi hai……then.he looked intently at her, his heart thudding as she took the cherry-pit out of her mouth and threw it in a napkin! She has the lips of a siren, he thought with a pang!
Kripa saw a small gold cross hanging from his neck as he loosened his shirt... she stared at his tanned chest! She felt a little hot herself!
They ordered their food…..Kripa had a grilled cheese sandwich and garden salad. Angad ordered a HUGE meal of lobsters, shrimps and grilled chicken kebabs for himself!
When the food arrived, Kripa gasped: You will eat all that?
Angad: YEAAAAH! I have a healthy appettite" he winked at her.
Kripa didn't get his full meaning but she still blushed.
Angad started eating with great gusto while Kripa nibbled on her salad.

Angad: Yeh kya ghaas-phoos kha rahi ho? Taste some of mine"
He picked up a piece of his lobster, dipped it in melted butter and offered it to her.
Kripa: NO No I don't want it, mujhey seafood achha nahin lagta"
Angad: Just taste it……You'll like it….I swear!
Kripa shook her head in refusal…..but Angad wasn't one to give up…..he coaxed and begged her to taste it till at last she took the piece of lobster in her mouth……melted butter trickled down her mouth as she bit into the succulent piece…….before she could get her napkin, Angad reached out and caught the drop of butter dripping down her chin…..he licked the drop from his finger with a devilish grin. Kripa blushed again, her heart pounding.
Angad: Toh kaisa laga Goa ka lobster?
Kripa: Achha laga (shyly) ……in her mind she said apney haath se khilaya isliey achha laga]
Angad: You know Kripa, zindagi mein har cheez at least ek baar try kar lena chahiye" ….he grinned wickedly as he said that.
Kripa looked down, feeling suddenly hot at the hidden, inner meaning in his words.

Throughout their meal, Angad forced Kripa to have little pieces of chicken, shrimp and lobster…..she protested a little at first, but then she opened her mouth and ate every little morsel he fed her with his fingers or his fork. There was something very intimate in being fed by him…..which heated her cheeks a delicious pink.
When lunch ended, Angad became aware that people there were staring too, he said "Chalo Kripa, kahin aur chaltey hain"
Kripa : Where are we going? Angad: Beach per chaltey hain
Kripa (eagerly) : Haan wo theek rahega, mainey abhi tak beach nahin dekhi"
Angad (shocked): WHAT? Tumney abhi tak beach nahin dekhi? Kripa shook her head. Chalo lets go…
They bought two ice-cream cones from the poolside stand and went down the steps to the beach.
They threw off their shoes at the bottom of the steps and walked barefoot on the white virgin sands of Calangute Beach. Kripa licked her mango ice-cream and looked eagerly for sea-shells in the sand, like a little kid!

Angad laughed tenderly at her search for shells, he ate his pista cone and helped her hunt for nice, big ones buried in the sand. They found ones with beautiful designs and colors…….they found shells in which you could hear the sound of the sea if you held it near your ears……

Kripa found a conch-shell with a reverse whorl, one in which the whorls go in opposite direction…..south instead of north….such shells are supposed to be very lucky for the one who has them. Kripa solemnly gave it to Angad, explaining its significance as a lucky charm ….she asked him to always keep it with him as it brings good luck! Angad was deeply touched!
He gazed tenderly into her eyes and said : Thanks Kripa, isey main hamesha apney saath rakhunga"
Angad and Kripa sat on the white sands, eating their ice-creams and talking.
Angad: kripa, tumhey swimming aati hai?
Kripa: Haan
Angad: To phir main ek din tumhey Keri beach le jaaoonga swimming ke liye, yahan thoda rocky hai , u will enjoy swimming there.
Kripa : That's very nice of u!
Angad: Main kitna achha hoon, yeh to waqt hi batayega" He laughed devilishly.
Kripa giggled at his flirting.
Angad (suddenly serious)……Kripa, mujhey tumsey do requests karney hain…
Kripa : Haan kahiye
A: Tum mujhey yeh Aap aap kehna chhod do……tum aap kehti ho to lagta hai jaisey main tumhara dost nahin, Uncle hoon!
Kripa giggled at his complaining tone but she agreed :Theek hai, aaj se main tumko tum kahungi!
Angad sighed :Thank GOD! Uncle honey se bach gaye (he rolled his eyes dramatically looking heavenwards)
Kripa laughed and asked : Aur doosri request?
Angad: Tum meri ek portrait bana dogi? Bahut dinon se meri yeh khwahish thi ke koi mera portrait banaye..
Kripa: To tumney apney dost Stalin se kyun nahin kaha tumhara portrait bananey ke liye
Angad: Wo Stalin? Huhh….who kambakht mera kya portrait banayega? Main ek khubsoorat, curvy (he traced an hourglass figure with his hands) model hota to wo mera portrait zaroor banata…..usey to sirf ladkiyon ke nude portraits bananey mein interest hai!
Kripa blushed a little at his frankness: Okay main aapki portrait banaoongi……lekin aapko ghanton tak sitting dena padega. Kar sakengey aap?
Angad : KRIPAAA phir se aap???
Kripa bit her tongue: Sorry, Tum tum…
Angad: Sitting dena padega? Koi baat nahin…..I'm game…..to kabsey shuru karein? (he thought: I would love to sit for u and pose for u while u paint me ….the very thought excited him)
Kripa: Kal to hum jaa rahey hain wahan village mein sooo …..parson se shuru karen…lekin ek problem hai….portrait to bahar mushkil hogi is tez hawa mein, uskey liye studio jaisi jageh chahiye, kya yahan koi aisi jagah hai jahan hum chain se baithkar portrait bana sakey?
Angad thought for a while then said " Haan ek aisi jagah hai….purani Fort ke wall ke paas ek chhota sa building hai…..khali pada rehta hai…..wahin per hum jayengey portrait ke liye,
Kripa (slightly nervous)….wo jagah bahut door hai kya?
Angad: No no, wo dekh rahi ho na……he pointed up at some old structures a few yards away near the parapet ……..wahin per hai…clubhouse aur Gym ke bahut paas hai.
Kripa (pleased at the arrangement) …..Achha to theek hai, wahin mera studio hoga

Their ice-creams were finished…..Angad got up and said : Cmon lets walk near the water"
He pullled her up by her hand, holding it in his as they walked by the water. The receding waves at the shoreline touched their bare feet, washing the dry sand away.
Kripa felt the warm grip of his hand, strongly enclosing, enveloping her hand! She felt strangely at peace, as if her hand belonged there in his strong, firm one! Angad gently squeezed her soft palm, enjoying the feel of her delicate fingers inside his palm.
They walked silently side by side, waves flirting with their feet, touching, withdrawing, playing naughtily!

Suddenly a big wave appeared from nowhere and knocked Kripa off her feet! She almost fell with the force of the giant wave crashing against her legs, but Angad caught her and lifted her straight from the offending wave, his arms around her waist!
When the wave receded, Kripa was still in Angad's arms, his arms were tightly holding her against him, her feet were dangling near his shins! Their faces were on level and extremely close….startled she looked straight into his eyes which were a few inches away! They were so close, she could see the light brown flecks in his eyes, he could see her dilated pupils…..his nostrils flared, breathing in her perfume!
Their bodies were touching each other from chest to toes, her soft curves crushed against his muscular frame…… her arms clung to his shoulders ….their heartbeats pounded together, breathless as they stared into each other's eyes.
Angad looked down at her lips, parted a little in surprise…..desire pounded through him like a freight train, ……he wanted to crush those lips under his ……Kripa stared at his firm lips…..she wanted him to , she needed him to kiss her…..she closed her eyes as his face moved so close his breath was on her lips. She felt his mouth gently touch her closed eyelids…..he kissed her closed eyes one by one, then his lips moved down to her sharp, little nose and he kissed her there, his breath mingled with hers as his lips touched hers lightly at first, and pressed harder, probing, teasing……she was shivering and trembling in response…..he kissed her cheeks one by one, then finally he went behind her ears, kissed her neck and the dangling earrings…..then he softly whispered in her ears: My little mermaid, will you swim with me?
Kripa remained mute, quivering, clinging to his neck as she hid her heated face in his shoulder, breathing him in! He kissed her neck again, then holding on to her tightly, he walked into the waves till the water was waist-high! Kripa was so drugged with his kisses, at first she didn't feel where he was taking her……. when she felt the water on her thighs, she squealed, thrashing her dangling legs!
Angad laughed and carried her further into the water till both were totally wet from the incoming waves!
Kripa yelled : ANGADD! Yeh kya kar rahey ho? Hum bheeg jayengey!!
Angad chuckled: Achha hai na, dono ek saath bheeg rahey hain…
He spread his legs wide, keeping balance in the waves, as he held Kripa snugly and both got soaked in the salty waves!

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------ ---------

Pallavi
pallavi25 thumbnail
Chapter 9

TAKE MY HAND/ AND LEAD ME ON/ IN A DANCE OF LIFE

Kripa sqealed with laughter, clinging tightly to Angad's neck as wave after wave swelled around them, dancing in a joyous ballet! Angad hooted with laughter as he rode the waves clasping her tightly!

Kripa: ANGADDD, AUR NAHIIIN, PLEEEASE, wapas chalo na, lets goooooo…..
Angad (shouting over the sound of waves) : Kya kaha? Let you go?…
He pretended to let her go and drop her into the swelling waves!
Kripa screamed in fright and clung desperately to him, her legs going around him to hold on tighter.
" Nahiiiin Angad, mat girana mujhey" she squealed !
Angad was enjoying her plight and the feel of her slender legs wrapped around his waist! Then his expression suddenly changed, his face tightened and neck flushed with color! He turned and walked out of the sea still carrying a clinging Kripa!
When they reached the sand, he slowly let her slide down his body! Every part of their soaked bodies touched as she slid down his hard frame! Their eyes met, both faces were red and breathing hard as if running for miles! Kripa stepped backwards, alarmed at the heated look in his eyes, she turned away to hide her own red cheeks! She walked back to dry sand and sat down, her knees suddenly weak.
He sat down a little way from her trying to breathe normally again and slow down his pulse!
He gazed at her, taking in her wet clinging clothes….. the pink top clung shamelessly to every curve and indentation. Kripa felt his heated gaze and self-consciously drew up her knees to her chest, hugging them, she reddened with awareness of his gaze!
They sat in silence, each thinking about what just happened, when she suddenly sneezed 3 times in a row, she was shivering as her wet clothes dried in the cool sea breeze! Angad got up at once and said : " Cmon Kripa, you might get a cold, lets go and change our clothes"
She silently followed him up the steps and back to the suites then he left after a soft goodbye, saying he will see her in the evening.

7:30 p.m.

Kripa and Mishti arrived at Morisco for dinner, Kripa dressed in her pink chiffon dress with pink earrings and Mishti in a lavender dress with pearl jewelry!
After dinner, Angad appeared on stage in his usual style, strumming his guitar, wearing a brown suede jacket, dark brown leather pants and white open-necked shirt! He strummed his guitar and looked at kripa as he sang this song:

Dekha teri mast nigaahon mein nasha hai ada hai mohabbat hai...

http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/movie/H000580.html (Khiladi, Kumar Sanu)

Then he sang : Chhookar mere mann ko kiya tooney kya ishara…..

Chhookar Mere Man Ko
Kiya Tuney Kya Ishara
Badla Yeh Mausam
Lagey Pyaara Jag Saara
Chhookar Mere Man Ko
Kiya Tuney Kya Ishara

Tu Jo Kahe Jeevan Bhar
Tere Liye Main Gaaoon (2)
Geet Tere Bolon Pe
Likhta Chala Jaaoon (2)

Mere Geeton Mein
Tujhe Dhoonde Jag Saara

Chhookar Mere Man Ko
Kiya Tuney Kya Ishara

Aaja Tera Aanchal Yeh
Pyaar Se Main Bhar Doon (2)
Khushiyan Jahan Bhar Ki
Tujhpe Nazar Kar Doon (2)

Tu Hi Mera Jeevan
Tu Hi Jeene Ka Sahara

Chhookar Mere Man Ko
Kiya Tuney Kya Ishara

Kripa's eyes followed him everywhere, smiling at him, loving his songs and his heated looks at her!

Angad went on to faster numbers, his band mates joining him in the songs as backup!
The Goa Boyz rocked with their instrument play as Angad sang :
Dus bahaney karkey le gaye dil……

(Dus, Shaan)

Here now here now, everybody put your hands up in the air now
here now here now everybody put your hands up in the air
uski aankhon mein baatein, baaton mein jadoo
say here now here now
uski aankhon mein baatein, baaton mein jadoo
jadoo mein kho gaye hum hogaye beqabu
i looked at you, you looked at me
aur hogayi mushkil
and you became my destiny tuhi meri manzil
dus bahane karke legaye dil legaye dil
dus bahane karke legaye dil

Here now here now, everybody put your hands up in the air now
here now here now everybody put your hands up in the air
Yeh dil topehle aisa nahin tha
kisne behkaya aisa sapna dikhaya kyun
yeh aankhein meri dekhe ussi ko
soche bina hi usse apna banaya kyun
jeena to marne se ab hai kahi mushkil
khudko jo khoya to woh hogaya haasil

Many young girls and boys in the room got up and started dancing…..Angad called them on stage, encouraging them to dance, to join him on stage….soon the stage was half-filled with a dozen young people grooving to the beats of the band!
Angad signalled Kripa and Mishti with his hands to come join him onstage……Kripa silently shook her head at him….how could she dance? She didn't know how to!! She felt self-conscious when she saw how well the other young kids were dancing up there!
Mishti said :Chalo Kripa, lets go and dance
Kripa: Nahin Dii, tum to jaanti ho mujhey nachna nahin aata (she said rather sadly)
Angad and the Goa Boyz started singing more Goan songs with groovy beats, calling more people to join them onstage and below the stage to groove along!

Sample Goan songs here : http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/variou..._Fernandez.html

Angad beckoned Mishti and Kripa again to come join them, when they didn't come, he walked up to their table. He moved the tiny microphone away from his face and yelled to them: Cmon dance with us!
Mishti got up at once but Kripa still sat there with a morose face. Angad held out his hand to her and said loudly : DANCE WITH ME, KRIPA!
Kripa looked at his extended hand, at his warm eyes smiling at her, beckoning her to join him …..she shook her head, tears in her eyes…." Im sorry I cant dance"
Angad couldn't hear what she said softly : WHATT? COME ON KRIPA, DON'T BE SHY, COME AND DANCE WITH ME' he yelled
Mishti yelled to him over the loud music: ANGAD, USEY DANCE NAHIN AATI , SHE CANT DANCE
Angad was shocked: WHATT? REALLY? ……He looked incredulously at Kripa. In Goa, music and dance were such integral parts of culture that it was unthinkable that a pretty, young girl like Kripa wouldn't know how to shake a leg or two!
Kripa looked down at her lap in misery, tears coming to her eyes. She mentally kicked herself……why did I quit those dancing classes? I could have danced with him tonight!
Angad saw she was upset, he said : Koi baat nahin, phir kabhi…. He grinned encouragingly at her and left with Mishti to join the revellers on stage.
They had a rocking time, grooving with the throbbing Goa mando beats ……Kripa looked morosely at the other girls dancing around Angad….tears started to fall from her eyes, she was so disappointed….she could have been up there dancing with Angad, having a rocking time like the others. Mishti was also enjoying herself up there!
Kripa looked down and cried silently! Angad noticed her sadness from far away….his heart ached for the crestfallen figure so pretty in pink sitting alone at the table with a bent head! He suddenly had a brilliant IDEA!

After the performance, as they were leaving, Angad came after Kripa.
He asked Mishti: Can I talk to Kripa for a minute?
Mishti: Sure why not? Tum dono baat karo, I have some important phone calls to make" she went away with her mobile in her ears talking busily to somebody on the phone!
Angad pulled Kripa into a hallway, Kripa silently looking down, avoiding his eyes….she was still tearful about her failure to accompany him in dance.
Angad : Heyyy Kripa, kya hua? …. He bent his head to hers
Kripa (husky voice) : Kuchh nahin…
Angad: Bolo na kya hua….naaraz ho mujhsey? (he lifted her face with his fingers)
Her tearful eyes looked into his warm tender ones, her lips trembled slightly, eyes full of unshed tears
" Tumsey nahin, main apney aap se naraaz hoon
Angad (softly) : Kyun? Tumney aisa kya gunaah kiya?
Kripa: You wanted to dance with me, per mujhey dance nahin aati isliye……..her voice trailed off as 2 teardrops fell from her eyes.
Angad caught the teardrops on his fingers and said tenderly : Bass? Itni si baat hai? Iskey liye tum in motiyon ko barbaad kar rahi ho?
He took her chin and shook it slightly: Not to worry, Angad is here….mere paas iska bahut achha solution hai….
Kripa: Kya solution? (looking up hopefully)
Angad : Chalo, main tumhey kisisey milata hoon…
He took her hand, led her down the hallway into a big inner room at the back of the restaurant…..it was a green room for the perforners to get ready …..5-6 of the band members were still hanging around, chatting and gathering up their stuff. Angad led Kripa to a tall, bearded man who was the main guitarist of the band…he was talking to a tall, attractive girl in her mid-20s. Angad introduced kripa to the two:
This is Philipe, our guitar maestro!
And this is Simone…..guys, this is Kripa!
Simone and Philipe smiled and greeted Kripa….they looked knowingly at Angad, they had seen him singing for this girl in the audience.
Kripa greeted them, wonderingly looking at .Simone who was tall, slim and wearing tight skin-fit pants and a clinging sparkly top!
Angad : Simone has a dance class here at the resort, she teaches all kinds of dances….kal subah main tumhey wahan le jaaoonga, jagah dekh lena, phir parson se tumhari dance training shuru!
Kripa: Per Angad, main wo….mama, papa, dance class….(confused at the sudden offer she stammered)
Angad: Koi baat nahin, tum apney parents se poochh lena….Im sure they will agree…..so then its fixed, day after tomorrow you start dance lessons" . There was such a commanding finality in his tone that Kripa agreed, thanking Simone for accepting her as student.
Simone: It will be my pleasure to teach u dancing, Kripa…..she smiled in a friendly manner.
They bid goodbye to Simone and Philipe and left.
Angad instructed Kripa: Kal subah main tumhey dance studio dikha doonga, parson se classes start karna, I know u will learn fast …..and then u can dance with me on Christmas and New Year's Eve party!

Kripa grinned in delight, thrilled with the prospect of dancing with him at New Years Eve!
She said : Thanks, Angad!
Angad: Thanks kis baat ki? Yeh to main apney liye kar raha hoon, so that u can dance with me at every party from now on (he said with possessive arrogance)

Pallavi
pallavi25 thumbnail
Chapter 10

IS THIS LOVE/ IS THIS LOVE/ THAT I AM FEELING?

Angad and Kripa came out of the hallway. Suddenly Angad spotted Mrs. Luthra again, coming towards him with a big smile on her rotund face, her plump hands waving at him eagerly! She was wearing a white sparkly sari with diamonds dripping down her neck and arms!

Angad: OH NOOO, wo aurat phir se mere peechhey pad gayi…..he panicked…..Come Kripa, lets make a run for it! " He held Kripa's hand tightly and ran out of the double doors of Morisco. Kripa giggled at his panic and ran out with him….she didn't know why he was running away from that old lady but she enjoyed running with him out into the semi-dark garden paths.

They panted,, out of breath with laughter as they stopped in a walkway lighted by rustic antique lamps…..Kripa suddenly frowned and turned to Angad and asked :
Angad, mujhey ek baat batao, tum us lady se bhaagtey kyun ho? Who tumhara peechha kyun karti hai?
He chuckled at her utterly guileless innocence….. " Who chahti hai ke main uskey saath jaaoon"
Kripa (surprised) : Kahan? Angad (mockingly): Uskey room mein"
Kripa gasped as realization sank in, she said : Ohhhhh (her face heated in embarassed anger and disgust)'
She was shocked that a middle-aged lady like Mrs. Luthra would want to, want to…..she couldn't even complete the thought in her head.

But she was still confused: Lekin wo aisa kyun kar rahi hai? Uskey pati aur bachchey nahin hain kya?
Angad: Of course hain, her husband is a hotel owner in Bangalore, uskey dono bachchey college mein padhtey hain.
Now Kripa was really shocked and disgusted: OH My God! Yeh aurat aur tumharey saath….uska dimaag kharab hai kya?
Angad: Hota hai, hota hai, these are the professional hazards in our line…..sirf main hi nahin, doosron ko bhi aisi situations face karna padta hai….the other guys in my band are also approached by these rich guys' wives……Angad said mockingly.

Kripa (still incredulous)…Per kyun? Unkey husbands hain na? (she still couldn't believe that a much-married woman would do that…..her mom had been married to her dad for almost 30 years, they seemed quite happy with each other…..she had never seen her mom run after a young guy like that!!!!)
Angad (with a serious, philosophic tone) : Yeah, they do have husbands……but problem is……inkey patidev inhey birthdays per diamond jewelry, Mercedes, BMW detey hain, per who sab kuchh nahin detey jiski inhey zaroorat hai, isliye who usey baahar dhoondtey phirtey hain"
Kripa : Ohhhh ……. she finally understood the whole situation, she marvelled at Angad's dispassionate explanation of such abnormal behavior….her respect for him doubled……she also felt sorry for Angad and the other boys! So it wasn't only girls who had to deal with dirty old men….she thought seriously, remembering some unpleasant incidents from her own childhood……a distant uncle who used to make 10- year old Kripa sit on his lap and kiss her too hard, sometimes biting her soft cheeks when nobody was looking! She felt a deep anger at those people who take advantage of younger ones!

Angad snapped out of his own philiosophical mood and became aware of the quiet moonlit night, the cool breeze and Kripa standing close to him, chewing her bottom lip, looking angry and upset!
He quickly changed the topic to lighten the mood : Khair chhodo in sab baton ko"
He touched her bare shoulder and turned her towards him: To batao, kal mere saath chal rahi ho na?
Kripa eagerly agreed: Zaroor, I am dying to see that village!
Angad : To theek hai…..kal subah 10 bajey tayyar rehna, pehley main tumhey dance studio dikha doonga, uskey baad hum Anjuna chalengey!
Kripa: Okay I will be ready at 10
Angad came close to her : Waisey Kripa, aaj raat tum bahut khubsoorat lag rahi ho, so pretty in pink…that color really suits you, mainey pehley bhi dekha…..he said huskily!
Kripa (shyly): Thanks ( she looked up into his wicked eyes, laughing naughtily at her and blushed in the dark, remembering how her wet pink top had outlined her figure in the afternoon)
Kripa: Waisey to tum bhi aaj bahut achhey lag rahey ho…..I like your jacket (running her fingers on the brown suede, caressing its texture)
Angad caught her hand and pulled her into his arms…..Kripa gasped and looked up at him, trembling!
He bent low and whispered in her ear: Jaaney se pehley goodnight kiss nahin dogi?
Kripa smiled, shook her head and pushed him away, then she looked mischievously at him, blew him a flying kiss and said : Goodnight, Angad! Then she ran laughing, back to Morisco!
Angad chased her, yelling : KRIPAAA, NOT FAIR, ,……..GIVE ME A PROPER…..he stopped short…Mishti was coming out of the doors still talking on her mobile!
Both Kripa and Angad stopped running, looking sheepishly as if caught red-handed at Mishti, who smiled humorously at the 2 of them, while saying on the mobile : Okay Mama, hum abhi aa rahey hain….Bye"
She looked suspiciously at Angad and kripa and laughed: Now what are you two up to, running around in the garden at night? "
Angad joked : We are practicing for the next Goa marathon!
Kripa just looked down and blushed guiltily!

Mishti: Chalo, Kripa, raat bahut ho gayi…..Mama worry kar rahi hai…Bye Angad!
They both bid goodnight to Angad and boarded the shuttle which had just pulled up….As the shuttle was leaving, Kripa looked at Angad standing at the doors, he caught her eye, and blew her a kiss, winking at her, Kripa smiled and waved at him!

Back at their suites later at nite, Mishti showed Kripa her purchases from their shopping trip, the antiques were with Naina, but Mishti had also bought a couple of dresses, one for herself, one for Kripa….she always bought one for her little sis whenever she shopped for herself!
Kripa loved the black lace dress that Mishti had bought for her…..with matching onyx jewelry too! She kissed her Dii in thanks!
Mishti suddenly said : Oh main tumhey ek khush-khabri dena bhool hi gayi….Kartik yahan aa raha hai , dus din ka Christmas vacation lekar!
Kripa squealed in delight: REALLYYY!! Jeeju yahan aa rahey hain?
Mishti: Abhi se jeeju kehti hai?, pehley shadi to honey de…..she said shyly laughing.
Kripa: Haan, main to unhey jeeju hi kahoongi, to kya Kartik Bhaiyya kahoon, that would sound odd….she and Mishti both laughed!
Kripa hugged Mishti : Ohhh Dii, I am sooo happy for you! So what are u two planning? A Goa wedding?
Mishti: No such luck, Baby! Next year December se pehley hum shadi hi nahin kar saktey…..Kartik jab tak Chicago mein MBA complete nahin kar leta…..shadi ke baad wo wahan, main yahan, main to aisey alag-alag nahin reh sakti!
Kripa: Oy hoy, kya baat hai(she teased)…..bahut pyar karti ho na jeeju se (she hugged her sister again affectionately)
Mishti (shyly): Haan BAHUT!
Kripa sighed, suddenly thinking about Angad!
Mishti abruptly turned to Kripa and asked: Ab tu bata, Angad ke saath tera kya chal raha hai?
Kripa was completely taken by surprise at Mishti's sudden probe about Angad!
She blushed furiously and quickly said: " Kuchh bhi to nahin……
Mishti: Babyyy, tu mujhsey chhupa rahi hai? Apney Diii se? Bataaa na (she turned Kripa's red face around)…..Sach sach bata, do u like Angad?
Kripa (shyly looking down): Haan , I like him, hes very nice!
Mishti: AHHAAA, I knew it….I am soo happy, FINALLY Ms. Kripa Sharma ko koi ladka pasand aya….Toh bataa, baat kahan tak badhi (eagerly), did he kiss you yet?
Kripa's face turned a deep red, remembering their passionate encounter of the afternoon and his hot kisses…
She said: Diiiii, tum bhi na…..
Mishti (seriously elder-sister-like now) : Dekho Baby, kissing wissing tak to theek hai, lekin zyada aagey mat badhna (she warned)….samajhdaari se kaam lena, okay?
Kripa couldn't take it anymore: Ohhh DIII, You are too much
She ran into her bedroom, Mishti laughing after her : Kripa, be careful with him"
Kripa ran in and shut the door, breathing hard, and touched her hot cheeks!
She closed her eyes and remembered his kisses that afternoon, his warm lips pressing down on her eyelids, her nose, probing her lips, teasing, tasting! She shivered violently, ran to the bed and hid her burning face in the pillow…..her hands clutched the bedcover in a passionate grip,nails digging in, trembling feverishly!
Why did she let him kiss her like that? Why does he make her feel like this? Why does her heart race whenever he was near her?

IS THIS LOVE? OR IS IT INFATUATION?

Pallavi
pallavi25 thumbnail
Part 11

COME RIDE WITH ME
WHERE THE SKY MEETS THE SEA
AND WE WILL LOOK FOR A RAINBOW!

December 18 , 8 a.m.
Kripa woke up with a feeling of great excitement! She was going on the trip with Angad to the hilltop village!
She told Mishti about her trip to the fishing village up north; Mishti asked her to take her mobile with her so she could call and check up on her. Mishti assured her that she would tell Naina that Kripa had gone shopping with some friends of hers. She warned Kripa to return before dark. When Angad came to get her, Mishti cleared all things with him too! He promised to take care of Kripa and return her safe and sound.

Kripa was wearing a yellow salwar suit today, with her hair tied back securely and dupatta looped around her neck. Angad looked admiringly at her, this was the first time he was seeing her in Indian dress and he liked how graceful she looked.
Kripa also secretly admired Angad's dashing looks in a black sleeveless jacket and pants with sunglasses accentuating his sharp nose!
Angad took Kripa to the dance studio first…..it was in the gymnasium behind the Beach Club. It was a long, low building with a huge exercise room in front housing all kinds of exercise equipment and also saunas, jacuzzis and changing rooms. At the back of the building was the dance studio with its own entrance and exit. The studio was a long room, mirrored wall on one side, and non-slip floors!
Dance music was playing loudly, about 7-8 girls were practicing to the music. Simone dressed in tight black leotards, was showing them the moves!

She greeted Kripa: Welcome to the Simonettes! Since you are a novice, u will learn after the morning class gets over, so tomorrow come here at 11 a.m. ……Oh ! And wear tight-fitting clothes. Do u have leotards?
Kripa shook her head, Simone: Do u have fitting T-shirt and sweat pants? Kripa nodded.
Simome: Good, so wear them tomorrow with sneakers and tie up ur hair, Okay, see u tomorrow at 11 then…..she went back to her students. Kripa was quite excited about her dance classes now!

Angad and Kripa took the shuttle to the main gate of the resort. He asked her to wait just outside the gate.
As kripa stood there waiting, she heard a VRRROOOOMMM! It was Angad on a gleaming black Yamaha motorcycle! Kripa was thrilled and amazed……" You have a bike? She asked
Angad: Yes, Maam, at your service! Cmon lets go, peechhey baith jaao aur zara kaskey pakadna, mountain roads hain, kaafi khatarnaak hain…….. be careful, don't let go!
Kripa got up on the bike side-saddle and put her arms around his waist and held tight!

Angad's bike roared off. They left the resort and town behind and went on to curving mountain roads. There was mountains on one side and steep drop on the other down to the sea where the waves crashed against the rocks below! It was a road both gorgeous and dangerous!
Sharp wind whipped across their faces and hair; Kripa clung to Angad's back, resting her head on his broad shoulder from time to time. Angad grinned in delight, feeling her head on his shoulder and her softness pressing against his back!
After about an hour, they arrived at the village of Morjim! It was perched on the hillside with white buildings, churches, shops and bistros flanking both sides of the narrow, curving road snaking up and down! From every corner in the village, there were magnificent views of the sea from sea-cliffs and overlooks! Angad stopped his bike at all the best overlooks and Kripa got down and took pictures of the gorgeous views with her digital camera. She was very excited and thrilled with the natural beauty of the place. Angad enjoyed her appreciation of the scenery …… her enthusiasm was infectious and charming!
She snapped pictures exclaiming loudly at the beauty spread out below them, then she took pictures of Angad posing on his bike..…..he in turn took a few pictures of her against the backdrop of sea and hills!

He took her to a small white church in the village…..it was cool and peaceful inside! Candles flickered at the altar of Mary and Jesus, silent pews awaited devout knees, sunlight filtered in rainbow colors through stained glass windows and doors! Angad kneeled at a pew and Kripa followed suit…….she stared at him as he made the sign of the cross and prayed silently with folded hands ……she copied his action but a dozen questions raced through her mind!
As soon as they came out of the church, she said: Angad, Can I ask u something? Are you Christian?
Angad smiled down at her: My mother was a Catholic!
Kripa was surprised……if he was Christian why was his name Angad? She asked him : But your name is Angad….
He laughed and said: Yes, my name is Angad…….Angad Khanna…..my dad was a Hindu, my mom a Christian! Actually my full name is Angad Andrew Khanna!
Kripa looked at him, amazed at her new discovery about his identity. Angad leaned towards her and whispered dramatically: You can also call me Andy if u want to (he laughed, teasing her)
Kripa : Andy….hmmm, nice name, I think I will call u Andy from now on (she teased him back)
Angad: Chalo Kripa hum lunch per chaltey hain…..I will take u to Martha's Bistro for lunch!
Kripa : But arent we going to meet Stalin?
Angad: After Lunch……lagta hai tumhey Stalin se milney ki bahut jaldi hai? (he teased again)
Kripa : nahin wo baat nahin, I want to see his paintings……then she laughed and added : and also what he looks like, Stalin sounds like an interesting person!
Angad: Haan wo to hai, hes a complete Bohemian! Don't be shocked by anything he does or says!

Angad took her to a small bistro, a restaurant hanging near the edge of the cliff! He took window seats, overlooking the sharp drop to the sea, kripa was rather scared to look down the window.
Martha was a plump, motherly woman who was delighted to see Angad: Andy my son, you are here??!!! After such a long time, what happened? You forgot ur old Auntie Martha? And who is this pretty young lady? Your girl-friend?
Angad introduced Kripa to Martha and said : Of course I didn't forget u Auntie! How can I forget ur shrimp pancakes and lemon fish? He kissed Martha affectionately.
Angad ordered his usual favorites there….shrimp pancakes and lemon fish, Kripa ordered a sandwich!
Angad asked for two glasses of Feni! When the drink arrived, Kripa asked: Yeh Kya hai?
Angad: This is Feni…..famous drink of Goa, c'mon try it…..he coaxed her
Kripa : Noooo Angad, u know I don't drink alcohol
He laughed: Feni alcohol nahin hai…
Kripa pouted at him: Now don't lie to me, I know Feni is alcohol, main nahin peeti yeh sab!
Angad: Kripaaa, mainey kaha na sab kuchh try karna chahiye…..c'mon just taste it, if u don't like it, don't have the rest!
After a lot of coaxing, Kripa finally took a sip of Feni…..it was strong but didn't taste bad…..she decided to have the rest just to prove to Angad that she wasn't a wimp!
They chatted throughout the meal, Angad telling her about where he grew up and about the village and his old friends there!
Kripa unconsciously sipped the Feni till it was all gone!
Angad: So Kripa tell me about yourself now….
Kripa started telling him abt her parents, her dad's and mom's businesses and Mishti's career
Angad : Wo sab toh theek hai, lekin ab batao TUM kya karna chahti ho
Kripa told him she was a 2nd year Art student with architecture and sculpture as minors.
Angad: Aur iskey baad kya karney ka iraada hai?
She said she wanted to be an Art teacher: Mujhey bachchey bahut pasand hain isliye main teacher hi banoongi shayad!
Angad smiled wickedly and muttered to himself: Hmmm she likes kids, Good to know for future reference….
Kripa: Kuch kaha tumney?
Angad: Nahin kuchh nahin, so u like kids, do u?
Kripa looked suspiciously at him, thinking he was teasing her: Yeahh I like kids, I think I can be a good teacher!
Angad brushed her fingers with his: Will you be my teacher? He winked at her naughtily.
Kripa blushed and said: Tumhey teacher ki zaroorat kya hai? Tum to har kaam mein expert ho.
Angad's eyes gleamed devilishly at her unknowingly provocative comment; he was going to retort wickedly when Martha came and started talking to him about old days again! As Martha reminisced about his mother, Kripa noticed that Angad became emotional …..he was trying to change the subject again!

She vaguely wondered why Angad was so tight-lipped about his parents?? Then her mind started wandering!
She was feeling rather strange and sleepy, as if the voices were floating from far away!
She looked at Angad sitting in front of her, there were 2… then 3 Angads floating in front of her eyes, then the room started spinning dangerously……
She cried out: Angad, mujhey bahut chakkar aa rahey hain
Angad: OH NOOOO u finished all the Feni already? I told u to sip it slowly!
He jumped forward to hold her as she tried to stand up swaying from side to side ….she clutched his shirt tightly in her hands as the whole restaurant swam in front of her eyes!
She cried out again in fright as she felt like she was on a rollercoaster and the whole place was diving down into the sea below…..Angad held her in his arms and tried to talk to her but she fell in a dead faint in his arms!
He picked her up in his strong arms easily, he was worried and upset….he shouldn't have forced her to have the Feni…..she had never had alcohol before!
Martha and some other people came forward, concerned about Kripa! Martha said: OH Poor Girl, Feni ki aadat nahin lagta…..ab usey tum kaisey le jayega?
Angad realized he couldn't take her on his bike in that condition……he made up his mind, he said : Main usey paidal hi le jaaoonga, don't worry Martha Aunty….. Stalin ka ghar zyada door nahin yahan se"
He held her up in his arms and walked out with her into the village streets! Martha sighed and said to herself : Andy Son, u are in love with that girl, I know" … she had seen love in his eyes.

Stalin's house was about a mile from the bistro, Angad walked all the way there carrying an unconscious Kripa, glancing worriedly at her inert form frequently! She lay in his arms like a doll, eyes closed, her long lashes lying on the creamy skin of her cheeks!
Dammit,… he mentally cursed himself again…..Why did I make her drink the Feni? I hope shes alright, he thought tensely!

Stalin/Arvind lived in a 3 room flat in a little white house further inside the village. He opened the door to Angad's knocks, looking scruffy and sleepy,( he was taking a siesta)…..he was a tall, thin bearded man wearing his usual loose T-shirt and baggy trousers, both stained all over with paint (looked a lot like Kunal Kapoor)
He looked incredulously at Angad: ANGADD??!!! Tu yahan kya kar raha hai? Aur yeh ladki kaun hai?
He looked with astonishment at the unconscious girl in Angad's arms.
Angad said : Batata hoon, …he carried Kripa to Stalin's bedroom and laid her down on his untidy, unmade bed. He tenderly removed Kripa's dupatta from her neck and wiped the sweat from her brows! He took out his handkerchief and wetted it in a jug of water by the bedside and gently wiped Kripa's forehead and cheeks with the wet cloth.
Stalin watched his tender care of the girl on the bed with some interest and amusement! After a few minutes of wet compress, Kripa moaned softly and turned her head a little, her lips quivered a slightly. Angad was immensely relieved…..she was alright!! recovering her consciosness!! Kripa's eyes fluttered a little, then she fell into a deep slumber. She was alright, Angad thought happily…….now she just needed to sleep off the effects of the alcohol!
He got up from the bed and observed her ….Stalin asked him about the girl again……
Angad told him: Her name is Kripa, Resort mein rehney aayi hai, main usey village dikhaney le aaya tha, she had Feni and passed out"

Stalin looked with male appreciation at the girl's beautiful face and slender curves as she lay on his bed sleeping…she looked like a sunflower in her yellow salwar, her chest rising and falling with deep breaths.
Hmmmm, he said …."Not Bad at all…..bone structure achhi hai…(he tilted his head this way and that)…she has a nice body too….achhi model hogi" he said with artistic appreciation of her beauty!
Angad laughed without humor, then grabbed Stalin's neck in a friendly manner, and growled warningly:
Don't even think about it, Buddy! She's MINE!
Stalin looked astonished: REALLY? Hmmm interesting…..By the way tera is ladki ke saath irada kya hai? One –Day international ya Test Match ya Test Series? (meaning short-term or long-term relationship)
Angad said seriously : Till Death do us Part!
Stalin looked at Angad with shock: WOWW, I cant imagine it! Tu aur yeh Little Ms. Innocent! Yeh teri type ki toh nahin lagti"
Angad asked him mockingly: Toh mera type kya hai?
Stalin: Tera type? Wo college mein Rita thi ya Maya…..waisi koi ladki ….
Angad: Wo sab sirf girl-friends the, ships that pass in the night, college khatam aur rishta bhi khatam, lekin yeh ladki meri destiny hai…..he said with great confidence.
Yes, Angad knew it in his heart…..he couldn't deny it….he was in love with this girl….with her innocence, her simplicity, her purity, her love for nature and beauty and her tender heart! From the 1st time he laid eyes on her, he knew she was meant for him and he was hers. He had never believed in Love at First sight…..TILL IT HAPPENED TO HIM!!

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------ ---------

Pallavi
pallavi25 thumbnail
PART 12

Aakey teri baahon mein
Har shaam lagey sindoori
Mere man ko mehkaaye
Tere man ki Kastoori!

Kripa woke up an hour later with a throbbing head, dry lips, a blurry vision…….she looked around the untidy little room, scattered with clothes, art supplies and empty beer cans and bottles. She tried to sit up but she was still dizzy and fell back weakly. She could hear Angad's voice in the next room talking to someone. She tried to get up, propped on her elbows and called out to Angad in a shaky voice.
Angad heard her at once, came rushing in and sat down on the bed…..he helped her sit up, propping her up against the pillows, holding her arms and shoulders.
He said: Abhi uthney ki koshish mat karna…..tum abhi tak bahut kamzor ho!
Stalin entered the room and stood there watching Angad-Kripa on his bed with an amused face, arms crossed over his chest!
Kripa asked Angad: Kya main behosh ho gayi thi? Kya yeh Stalin ka ghar hai?
Angad: Yes, Kripa, I am sorry! Meri wajah se tum behosh ho gayi…..I shouldn't have given you that Feni! He looked really crestfallen.
Kripa put her hand on his and said: Nahin Angad, ismey tumhari koi galti nahin, mainey hi jaldi se pee li thi isliye…..
Stalin interrupted them: Now if you two have finished blaming yourselves……Angad can u introduce me to this lovely lady?
Angad laughed and introduced Kripa to Stalin, who came forward and shook hands with Kripa. She smiled shyly and greeted him, looking wonderingly at his Bohemian looks and clothes! She couldn't help smiling.
But she self-consciously covered herself with her dupatta as she saw him staring at her with some fascination!

Angad: Thehro Kripa, main tumharey liye lemonade lekar aata hoon, nasha chhootney ka sabsey achhi dawa hai…
He got her a tall, chilled glass of lemonade that he had already made for her to cure the effects of her hangover.
Kripa sipped the whole glass sitting in the bed with Angad looking on like a concerned guardian!
After finishing the lemonade she said : Thanks, Angad! I feel much better now!
Angad: Good, I am glad! Tumney toh mujhey dara hi diya tha…..he patted her cheek tenderly and smiled.
Kripa finally got up and asked Stalin if she could see his paintings.
Stalin: Sure, Why Not? Angad ne mujhey bataya ke tum bhi ek artist ho…..(after hearing that his attitude towards Kripa had changed, now he wasn't just checking her out as a babe or as a model, she was a fellow-artist now)

He took Kripa to an adjoining room that was his studio…..there were a dozen paintings scattered there…..some finished, some incomplete, paint splattered on walls and furniture…..very much a Bohemian Artist's room! There were some good paintings of the sea , views of the village, regular portraits as well as nude paintings! Kripa blushed a little at the nudes but she took it in her stride as an artist herself, admiring his brush strokes, shading, depth and imagery! Stalin stood beside her, displaying his art and answering her questions as they both discussed his paintings from the P.O.V. of 2 artists!

Angad looked on with a slight irritation and twinges of jealousy at the easy familiarity with which they talked about the paintings. Finally, when Stalin went too close to Kripa while showing her something, he couldn't stand it anymore…..he cleared his throat, came forward and put a possessive arm around Kripa's shoulders and said: Mere khayal se humein abhi chalna chahiye! Shaam honey wali hai....
Kripa suddenly became aware of the time: Oh GOD! Chaar baj gaye!! Mishti mujhey maar dalegi….sunset se pehley ghar lautna hai….she panicked!
Angad: Cool down, Baby-----yeh lo tumhara mobile (he was holding it for Kripa in his pocket) ….Mishti ko phone lagao aur bol do ke hum shaam se pehley hi resort pahunch jayengey!
Kripa called Mishti and informed her, they took leave of Stalin and walked back to Martha's Bistro where Angad's bike was parked. Angad and Kripa both said goodbye to Martha who was relieved to see Kripa feeling better.

Kripa got up on the bike behind Angad, hugged his waist and rested her weary head on his broad back! They roared off into the faint colors of approaching dusk! On the way, they saw the brilliant colors of the setting sun over the Arabian Sea! Kripa made Angad stop the bike and took pictures of the spectacular sunset! Angad smiled indulgently, admiring the way the glowing colors of the setting sun colored her already flushed cheeks a deeper pink!
He suddenly leaned forward and kissed one pink cheek …..she looked at him, taken by surprise but then she smiled, reached up on her tiptoes, held his shoulders and kissed him on his cheek.
She said softly: Thank You for a Perfect Day!
Angad was delighted but being wickedly unstoppable, he said: Buss? Only one kiss?
Kripa: Aur trips per le chalogey to aur milengey (she teased him)
Angad: Phir to main har roz tumhey trips per le jaaoonga! But next time NO FENI for SURE!
Both laughed at that, then they got up on the bike again and roared back to the resort as the daylight dimmed over the darkening sea!

That night, Kripa and Mishti went to dinner with their parents at the Italian restaurant Il Camino and dined on pasta and garlic bread! Naina and Dilip wanted to dine with their daughters as both were too busy with their own friends and activities to meet the girls for dinner anyday! Dilip told them about his golf games with Mr. Mehra and others. Naina, who had spent the whole day at the Holistic Spa at the resort tried unsuccessfully to persuade the girls to join her in the spa for some beauty treatments. Both declined as Mishti was more interested in her own shopping and parasailing(which she had taken up in Kripa's absence)…… and Kripa of course just sat there miserably munching garlic bread and thinking about Angad and wondering what song he was singing at the Morisco that night!

Suddenly Kripa remembered about getting dance lesson permission from her parents! She told Naina rather hesitantly that she wanted to take dance classes from Simone at the Dance Studio there! Naina was delighted to see her shy little daughter taking an interest in dancing….she enthusiastically agreed and asked questions abt Simone and the class…..Kripa replied to all her queries, carefully keeping mention of Angad's name out of it! Mishti noticed this and smirked knowingly! Her little sister was finally learning the ropes, she thought!

Later at night when they were back in their rooms, Kripa got a call on her mobile! It was Angad! Now that Angad had her mobile number he wasn't going to let the chance of talking to her go to waste.
He said in a deep, loving tone: Heyyy Kripa, how are you feeling now?
Kripa: I am okay (she said rather sadly)
Angad: I missed you tonight at the Morisco….
Kripa: I missed you too …..what songs did u sing tonight?
Angad: Tumharey bina mera sangeet adhoora lag raha tha, isliye mainey sirf ek gaana gaya ….who bhi yeh gaana: tere bin ….bardasht nahin kar sakta aur door nahin reh sakta ek din….
Kripa laughed and said: Yeh sab chalta raha toh tumhari naukri chali jaayegi
Angad: Chali jaaye, aisi naukri kis kaam ki jo mujhey tumsey milney na de…..
Kripa : Miley to the, poora din ek saath the
Angad: Kitni bhi baar miley per aisey milan se jee nahin bharta…..zindagi bhar ke liye mil jaao tum…
Kripa: Sochna padega… (she teased back)
Angad: Soch lo, soch lo, I will wait for u……aur haan, kal theek time per dance studio pahunch jaana, mein bhi wahan aa raha hoon, Best of Luck, Baby! Good Night!
He gave a kiss into the phone, Kripa blushed at the mobile and shyly said : Good night Angad!
Angad: Aur mera Kiss?? Kripa: Khaatey mein likh dena…..she giggled and switched off the mobile!

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------ --------------

Pallavi
pallavi25 thumbnail
PART 13

Shall We Dance?
Eye to eye, arm in arm
Matching step to step
And our souls shall dance in harmony!

December 19. 11 A.M.

Kripa was at the dance studio at exactly 11 after a hurried breakfast with Mishti, who accompanied her to her first class! She was dressed in a short pink T-shirt and grey sweat pants with her hair tied back, a hairband on her head and sneakers on her feet.

Simone greeted Mishti and Kripa and then she started the dance lessons! She told Kripa they were going to learn Ballroom dancing first, beginning with a waltz. She showed Kripa the basic steps of how the man leads with his left foot and the woman retreats with her right one……the Basic Box steps of the Waltz! Woman…right foot back, then left foot side and close, then left foot forward, right to the side and close! She also showed her how the woman is supposed to hold the man during this dance! Mishti watched for some time, then left after a while as she had parasailing lessons at the beach.

Kripa's eyes were searching for Angad ever since she came in…… suddenly she spotted him standing in a corner of the studio watching her seriously as she followed Simone's steps….her eyes lighted up! He was wearing a white T-shirt and grey sweat pants too! He met her eye and waved at her cheerily. Simone saw Angad and beckoned him to come near.
Hi Angad! I need someone to be Kripa's dance-partner…she told him…..she needs to dance with a guy to get her steps correct!
Angad of course was too ready to oblige! Kripa felt her heart race at the thought of dancing with HIM as her dance partner.

Simone got a phone call and she asked Angad to show Kripa the steps and practice with her! She left the room.

Angad placed his right hand under her left arm and held her back…..then he took her left hand and placed it on his shoulder, then he took her right hand in his extended left hand, enclosing it in a firm grip and held his body straight! Kripa was so petite, her face reached his chest ….she stared at his manly chest, admiring the six-packs of muscles outlined by his tautly stretched T-shirt!
Angad leaned close to her ears and whispered: Kripa.. behave yourself, don't be naughty now, you have to concentrate on the dance and not on me….
Kripa flushed angrily…..so he thinks I am concentrating on him? What does he think of himself? she thought with a huff and a puff! I WILL SHOW HIM!
She determinedly stepped forward……Angad gave a shout of pain, releasing her and hopped around, holding his foot in pain……Kripa had stepped on his foot with her wrong forward step!
" JESUS CHRIST" he swore " Tum itni chhoti si to ho per pairon ka wazan pata nahin kitna hai, lagta hai ek railgaadi chali gayi pair ke upar se!"
Kripa yelled angrily" Kyaaaa? Tumney mujhey MOTI kaha? Main railgaadi jaisi hoon? I wont dance with you" she pouted and turned away!
Angad pulled her around with her arms, then bent and picked her up and took her to a chair near the corner and plopped her down unceremoniously …..he ordered her : Chalo apney jootey utaro" He opened her sneakers and then opened his own too!
Then he said: Haan, ab theek hai, ab pair kuchalney ka koi khatra nahin" he laughed and carried her back to the dance floor again!

Kripa was slightly dazed at his sudden action of opening her shoes……they stood barefoot now in the same pose as before ….then Angad proceeded to show her the dance steps patiently as she constantly forgot her retreating stance and tried to take the lead everytime!

Angad leaned close to her again and said in a soft tone: Kripaaa, Iss dance mein main tumhey lead karoonga, doosrey dance mein tum lead karna, okay? " he chuckled naughtily.
Kripa didn't quite get his meaning but somehow it sounded wicked coming from his sexy lips and she blushed in her confusion again!

Simone returned and put on a softly soothing waltz number on the music system……..it was an instumental version of the song " Edelweiss" made popular by the movie "Sound of Music"
The whole morning flew past with Angad showing her the steps, leading her on back, then forward , then they went around in circles and in the ending segment they were supposed to make a complete circle with Kripa moving back all the time and Angad moving forward! Simone was observing and instructing Kripa when she made mistakes (which was often) ……Kripa was holding her body very stiffly as she was not used to the graceful movements of dancing!

Angad asked her to close her eyes and imagine she was floating in water and make her body weightless! She dutifully closed her eyes and imagined herself in the sea once more…….only she also imagined Angad holding her tightly in the water with her legs around him……she opened her eyes with a jerk and said : Its not working!
Angad looked at her with a strange expression….. She turned her face away before her eyes gave away what she was thinking.

More waltz music played on the system.......Under the Bridges of Paris and Moonriver....two soft, melodious numbers from yesteryears!

http://music.msn.com/album/?album=39382419# (thanks To bheegi/Sangeeta )

As Angad started to lead her again, she was intensely conscious of his arm touching the side of her chest as it circled her, she felt the warmth of his hand through the thin T-shirt on her back! Her heart thudded in her chest suddenly at his nearness and her face flushed!

Angad leaned down and softly said: " Relaaax, Kripa! Feel the music, go with the flow, trust in me to guide you"
She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to relax, letting the soft, sweet music take over her other senses….….all of a sudden, she felt like she was floating in heaven with Angad holding her safe and sound …..she could breathe his clean, male scent and feel his hand on her back, warm and comforting! She smiled sweetly in content, letting him lead her at last as she surrendered her will to his in a graceful waltz!

At the end of the dance, Simone, who was watching from a corner, clapped loudly and came forward:
Very Good, Kripa! You are a FAST learner! ….she exclaimed in surprised pleasure…..Angad was right, you have the potential to be a good dancer!
Kripa looked up in surprise at Angad and thought …So he thinks I have the potential to be a good dancer? She flushed with pleasure as a warm feeling swept through her …..and her heart flooded with that warmth too, giving her a slightly giddy feeling!

The morning's lesson ended with Simone congratulating Kripa on completing her waltz lesson, she said : Tomorrow we can start with swing dance! You are ready to move on, Kripa! Well done!
Kripa thanked her, immensely happy at her success on the very first day!
Then she turned to Angad and said: Yeh sab tumhari wajah se hua hai, Angad! Thanks! …. She smiled at him gratefully!
Angad winked at her : Baad mein sab wasool kar loonga….. he promised devilishly!
Kripa turned red and turned away to hide her from those soul-piercing eyes of his!
She was flustered and breathless again! Angad said behind her neck : Mere portrait ke baarey mein yaad hai na? Bhool to nahin gayi?
Kripa turned to him and said: Of course not! Kitney bajey jaogey bolo?
Angad: We can meet for Lunch after changing our clothes, wahin se chaley jaayengey!
Kripa agreed and they went back to their respective quarters to shower and freshen up for lunch.

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------

Pallavi
pallavi25 thumbnail
Part 14

Color me, Love
In the colors of your Love
And make me Complete!

Angad took Kripa for lunch to the Martini Bar, beside the largest pool at the resort. It was a delightful nook by the poolside overlooking the virgin sands of the Calangute. It was dimly lighted inside despite the bright winter sunlight outside, soft sounds of the piano was coming from a corner and the bartender was serving cocktails and drinks at the large Bar area where a large number of people were seated. Kripa looked around with interest as this was the 1st time she was at a Bar!

There were many small round tables scattered where mostly couples were sitting coochie-cooing as they sipped on drinks….Kripa felt a little awkwad but Angad led her to a cozy table in the corner, lighted by a candle in a rose bowl! He ordered a martini for himself and a strawberry daiquiri for Kripa, assuring her that it was non-alcoholic. The Feni fiasco was still fresh in their minds. They lunched on snacks …bite sized club sandwiches, quesadillas, and fried seafood. Angad was delighted to see that she ate the fried shrimps and clams without being urged by him.

As Angad sipped his 2nd martini, Kripa asked him: Tumhey sharab se nasha nahin hota?
Angad laughed : I grew up having Feni and beer, what do u expect from a true Goa dude?
Then he suddenly became serious, his voice deepened: " Waisey bhi mujhey sharab se nasha nahin hota", ….he added huskily, his eyes looking deeply into hers…. "Mujhey nasha hota hai toh sirf tumharey in aankhon ka, tumharey in hothon ka (his heated gaze dropped down to her strawberry-stained lips) aur tumhari meethi baaton ka"
Kripa was mesmerized by his eyes, the husky tone of his voice….. she couldn't look away from those intense eyes looking at her with so much passion, she felt weak and breathless….she was pinned by his gaze, unable to move or speak as their eyes remained locked for an eternity.
A loud sound of laughter from the bar area snapped them out of their spell……..Kripa looked down, her face flushed……Angad caught her hand that was still on the table and held it, caressing her delicate fingers!
Kripa looked around in panic, afraid somebody would see them…..she tried to remove her hand from his, but he tightened his grip. She looked up to see him still looking at her intensely………She pleaded softly:
Please, Angad, is tarah se mat dekho mujhey…
Angad: Kyun, dekhney per tax lagta hai kya?
Kripa: Haath chhodo mera….
Angad: Aur agar nahin chhoda to? He said with a glint in his eyes.
Kripa: Agar nahin chhoda toh ….toh …toh…..main tumhari tasveer nahin banaoongi!
Angad let go of her hand in mock panic and said: Phir to haath chhodna hi padega, aakhir yeh mere future ka sawaal hai…..he laughed at her attempt to lighten the situation, then finished his drink in one gulp, pulled her up and said : Come on Lets go and start our portrait session!

They brought her easel and paint supplies from her room and went to the deserted building behind the Fort walls. It was probably a guesthouse at some time but then after the expansion of the resort, it had been abandoned. Angad had obtained the key from the resort manager, they went inside and set up her art-stuff in the front room of the building. It was quite clean, obviously somebody still took care of it…..there were 2 bedrooms and one bathroom that still had running water and plumbing. The bedrooms still had beds and one old table in each with chairs. The living-room was large and well-lighted from big windows on two sides. Kripa set up her easel in a way to capture light from one set of windows, then she asked Angad to pose in front of the other window facing her! Angad stood with legs slightly apart, Kripa put a footstool in front of his leg and asked him to place his foot on it to prop it up a little bit. So Angad's final pose was a three-quarter silhouette with one leg raised to the side, turned slightly sidewise with his elbow on his raised knee! He was wearing a blue denim shirt with denim pants…..Kripa thought…. tomorrow when I add in the colors I will ask him to wear his white open-necked shirt, he looks really handsome in that one!

Kripa started sketching him with her pencil …..she looked at him seriously and looked down again as her hands flew on the canvas……..time passed, an old clock ticked in the room, as Kripa worked silently …..Angad watched her concentrate on her work with great intensity, chewing her lips or frowning sometimes. Once she stopped with the sketch pencil in her hand and said: Angad, kal tum apna guitar laa saktey ho?
Angad: Kyun? Guitar kyun? Hum yahan gaana gayengey kya?
Kripa: Dhatt! Buddhu! (she exclaimed affectionately) …Gaana kyun? I want u to pose with the guitar, aur bhi achha effect hoga….guitar ke bagair kuchh adhoora sa lag raha hai" She stepped back and surveyed her sketch of his outline. She was quite pleased.

When she looked up again, Angad had moved his face towards the window and was looking out at something….
Angaddd!!!!….she exclaimed…..pose kharab kar diya na? Kyun turn kiya? Ab phir se mooh ghumao (he turned too far right) …..nahin..itna zyada right nahin, aur thodi left (she instructed)…..he turned too much left again looking out the window.
Kripa, exasperated with his childish games went to him and took his cheeks in her hand, turning it to the exact angle she wanted it, Angad grinned happily, this is exactly what he had wanted, her hands positioning him! He quickly caught her hand in his and said : Model ko ek kiss nahin dogi?…
Kripa : Main Stalin nahin hoon, jo apni model ko kiss karoon (she giggled ) , she took away her hand and walked back to her canvas!
Angad said sadly : Kya zamana aa gaya hai, sitting bhi do aur tankhwa bhi na miley…..
Kripa laughed and said: Badey badey Raja-Maharaja jab tasveer banvaatey hain toh artist ko paisa detey hain….aur yahan tum ulta mujhsey maang rahey ho?
Angad made a regal face and asked: Toh bataao Madame, inaam kya chahiye? Hum kuchh bhi deney ko tayyar hain" He winked at her wickedly with that declaration.
Kripa: Inaam main baad mein maang loongi (she retorted cheekily)
Angad (Mughal-E-Azam style) : Us din ka hum intezaar karengey, ladki!
Kripa laughed loudly at his craziness, a warm feeling coming into her heart! He was such a joker, always teasing her and being naughty! She loved his sense of humor, although sometimes he went overboard…..she loved his charming smile, his wicked comments, she loved the look in his eyes when he looked at her…..she felt so desirable and wanted…..she loved the way he was fooling around driving her crazy…she loved the way she felt, being in his arms….she loved….……
Kripa stood still in sudden realization…..SHE LOVED HIM! YES, SHE LOVED HIM!
She was so overjoyed with the realization that she forgot to paint and stood with the brush in her hands, staring at her beloved's face! Angad saw the bemused expression on her face and asked : Hey Kripa, kya hua? Koi bijli gir padi kya?
Kripa, still dazed from her realization: Haan …..nahin….kuchh bhi toh nahin….
Angad's piercing eyes didn't miss anything, her eyes were too expressive…..he smiled to himself and thought: Lagta hai ab manzil mere bahut paas hai…

He stepped up to her after some time and said: Dekhein toh kaisi ban rahi hai hamari tasveer…
Kripa stood in front of the canvas, guarding it and shook her head violently: Nahin nahin ab mat dekhna, abhi sirf sketch hua hai….
Angad pulled her arms and said: Ohh come on, let me see how I look….
As she moved away he saw a few squiggly lines and a funny bunny face on the canvas……KYAAAA? YEH MAIN HOON? ….He exclaimed in shock!
Kripa giggled and removed the upper sheet below which was the actual sketch ……
She said cheekily : Toh tum kya sochtey ho sirf tum hi ullu bana saktey ho……she showed her thumb at him and stuck out her tongue, teasing him!
Angad : Thehro main tumhey dikhata hoon, I am going to get u for this……..he chased her as she ran around the room laughing, finally catching her near the window…..she hit him with her fists and laughed hysterically, trying to escape from him!
He suddenly caught her head in his big hand, grasping her long hair and bent her over his arm…..Kripa stopped laughing, staring at his boldly intense eyes…..her breath quickened as his face descended over hers, then his lips captured hers in a deep, passionate kiss which left her quivering and breathless! His lips duelled with hers, coaxing her, teasing her, loving her! When he finally let her go, she was red and felt her legs give away! Angad picked her up in his arms and she hid her flushed face in his chest and breathed his manly essence! Her lips throbbed from his kiss but her heart sang a joyous tune of Love! So this was Love, she thought with a strange happiness!

Pallavi