Other Topics

Is the industry male dominated?

Dits thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Is the Tamil industry male dominated? Are actresses being neglected, compared to the attention actors receive?

Lets start a discussion

My answer is yes.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

my answer is also yes ditty but actresses aren't neglected purposely. they have chosen their own path. nowadays which heroine looks at the scope of a role that allows her to perform?🤔 they all look at their salary, if the film is from a big banner, whether big hereos are acting in it & if the director is a well known person in kollywood.🤔

in my opinion, yes the industry does treat women/heroines unfairly but the heroines are also to be blamed for this situation.

Dits thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: jigglypuff726

my answer is also yes ditty but actresses aren't neglected purposely. they have chosen their own path. nowadays which heroine looks at the scope of a role that allows her to perform?🤔 they all look at their salary, if the film is from a big banner, whether big hereos are acting in it & if the director is a well known person in kollywood.🤔

in my opinion, yes the industry does treat women/heroines unfairly but the heroines are also to be blamed for this situation.

You have got a point,jiggly.  But movies which are heroine centred don't happen at all, do they? We have movies which give a big scope for the heroes to perform, and our heroines are forced to play roles of their love interests. Look at the variety of roles which our heroes get, of people losing their memory, people suffering from multiple personality disorder, people fighting corruption, etc. Our heroines are always forced to just say"I love you...I miss you", well, its like that most of the time, but there are exceptions.

Hosanna thumbnail
As long as women want to be treated like bimbos they get to be one!
You see fat old balding men mauling sweet young things and the movie breaks records! Come on....
Will anyone accept Gauthami romping with some kid hero..???