Spotlight on a Star: Yamapi!

sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago

Sorry for the delay guys! Well this time around im back with a BANG! literally! those of you who have seen this rising star will know what i mean๐Ÿ˜†...our newest Spotlight on a Star is none other than...

aka. YAMAPI!!!!!!

P.R.O.F.I.L.E.

Nickname: YamaPi, YamaP, Pi, Pi-kun, Tomo-chan,P-TAN

Birthplace: Chiba Prefecture, Japan

Birthdate: April 9, 1985

Height: 1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)

Weight: 60 kg (132 lb)

Blood Type: A

Family: Mother (Yamashita Naomi), Younger Sister (Yamashita Rina) and pet dog Hime-chan(Princess) and P-chan

Favorite Phrase: Maji de? (Really?)

Favorite band/singers: Southern All Stars, Mr.Children, GLAY, Fukuyama Masaharu

Reason for Joining Johnny's: He envied Hideaki Takizawa and wanted to learn the back flip.

B.I.O.G.R.A.P.H.Y

He entered Johnny's Entertainment when he was 11 years old. He is affectionately called Yamapi (short for Yamashita and pink) by his friends.

Since joining JE, he has been a member of Jr. groups B.I.G., Four Tops, and most recently NEWS. Yamashita began to appear in television dramas soon after he joined JE. In 2000, at age 15, his performance in Ikebukuro West Gate Park earned him an award for "Best Supporting Actor". That same year, he was voted first place in the Annual Junior Awards for "Best Boyfriend", "Most Beautiful", etc. for the first time.

In September 2003, eight other boys from Johnny's Juniors were chosen to form the group NEWS with Yamashita as the leader. NEWS's formation came as a shock to not only the fans of Four Tops but its own members as well. Yamashita later revealed that at the time, aside from Ryo Nishikido, he had barely talked to any of the other group members.

NEWS made its formal debut on May 12, 2004. Since its debut, NEWS has had seven consecutive #1 singles on the Oricon Ranking Chart.

In October 2005, Yamashita and Kazuya Kamenashi from KAT-TUN formed Shuuji to Akira to promote their drama, Nobuta wo Produce. It was named after their characters in the show, Shuuji and Akira. They also released a single, Seishun Amigo, as Shuuji to Akira, which sold over one million copies in four weeks. Seishun Amigo was the number one best selling single on the Oricon Yearly Single Rankings for 2005.

In spring 2006, Yamashita starred in "Kurosagi: The Black Swindler", a drama based on the manga of the same name. For this purpose, Yamashita recorded his single "Daite Seorita" which was #1 in the Oricon ranking. 

Yamashita returned as a member of NEWS on December 31st 2006 on Johnny's Countdown 2006-2007.

Yamashita, along with KAT-TUN's Koki Tanaka and Kis-my-ft2's Taisuke Fujigaya, also starred in Byakkotai, a mini-drama in two parts that aired in January, 2007, and is currently starring in a drama entitled Proposal Daisakusen, airing from April to June, 2007.

F.I.L.M.O.G.R.A.P.H.Y

1998.03 Shinrei Safaa no Shi
1998.12 Shounentachi
1999.02 Nekketsu Renaidou
1999.05 P.P.O.I
1999.07 Kowai Nichiyoubi
1999.09 Kowai Nichiyoubi 2
1999.12 Kiken na Kankei
2000.04 Ikebukuro West Gate Park

2000.12 Shijou Saiaku no Deeto
2000.12 All Star Chuushingura Matsuri
2001.01 Kabachitare!
2001.04 Shounen wa Tori ni Natta 
2002.01 Long Love Letter 
2002.07 Lunch no Joou 
2003.04 Crazy Virgin Road
2003.07 Stand UP!! 
2003.10 Budou no Ki
2004.01 Sore wa, Totsuzen, Arashi no you ni...
2005.07 Dragon Zakura

2005.10 Nobuta wo Produce

2006.04 Kurosagi

2007.01 Byakkotai
2007.04 Proposal Daisakusen

H.I.S. M.U.S.I.C

Most of Yamapi's music comes from the collaboration with his band NEWS, but Yamapi has also released some of his own singles which have become top hits!

NEWS Albums

TOUCH - Released April 27th, 2005

Yamapi's Singles

Shuuji to Akira
(temporary band formed by the stars of Nobuta wo Produce, Kame and Yamapi) - Seishun Amigo

Kurosagi - Daite Senorita

Kitty Gym - Fever & Future

T.O.P. P.I.C.K.S

Okay, so i absolutely love Yamapi's songs, especially Seishun Amigo and Daite Senorita...so MAKE SURE you listen to those two๐Ÿ˜† The rest of them are from his NEWS album

Seishun Amigo
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G0BRZYY5

Daite Senorita
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QXJDL6NS

Time
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C91ZDSAS

Let Me
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y5OJ5V4G

V.I.D.E.O.S

Daite Senorita MV
Yamapi looks super super hot in this vid!๐Ÿ˜ณBe sure to check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAqRhtioqWk

Seishun Amigo MV
Yamapi and Kame are so adorable doing their little dance๐Ÿ˜†

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYDHBKAh-RE

Yamapi & Kame teach you how to dance!
This is a cute video by Yamapi and Kame where they're trying to teach the viewers how to dance to Seishun Amigo๐Ÿ˜ƒ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPe-3Yie6dk

Enjoy the world of Yamapi my friends, and if you havent definately check out some of his shows...hes a great actor and amazing singer...this is our SPOTLIGHT ON A STAR!

Khush

*Remember!  PM me if you want to see your favourite star in the spotlight*

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pj04 thumbnail
great timing khush...since it looks kurosagi will be our next show for the fortnight.
Fallen_Beauty thumbnail
awwww dis guy's cute!!! =]
sweethoney06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
wow some of those songs are real good ๐Ÿ˜Š

thx Khush ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Raiinie2 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! YAMAPI = LOVEEE!!
Thanx alot khush!! LOVE the piksss too.ims tealing one to use it as my avi.Hoep you dunt mind!
Pi PI is defo a person wiv bundle of TALENTS from his singing to actingg! His too Goood! You shud also chek out 'Cherish- NewS' with their PINK gloves.Pi looks mega fine.and i really advise pple to watch 'Nobuta.., Kurosagi.To see PI at his finesst!hehe
BengaliChica92 thumbnail
WOW! His berry cute, lol
His songs are nice too! I just love Korean songs even I dunt understand a word.
tiki5434 thumbnail

So, I've noticed that in all three of the dramas I've watched with Yamapi.. he always has some special catch phrases that he uses.. Here are some of them:

Nobuta Wo Produce

"NOBUTA PWR!!! CHUU NYUUU!!!" (or as khush di and i like to say: tikush pwr! chuu nyuu (enter)!!! ๐Ÿ˜†)

and "KON!"

and "Akira SHOCKKK!!!"

Kurosagi

"BANG!"

ProDai

"HALLELUJAH CHANCE! NOOOO!!!" and "An-ya-ha-se-YO" (yes.. he spoke random krn.. hahahah)

Each of them.. as you can see... have a pose to go with them...

In short... Yamapi <333

๐Ÿ˜ƒ
PinkPixie thumbnail
my friend has been urging me to watch nobuta but the story line doesnt really attract me cos im more into the hopeless romantic stuff. but my friend says its a worth a watch . what to do u guys think ?

i didnt know why everyone like yamapi so much be 4 but i recently watched Dragon Zakura and now i find him cute . but i still like Teppei more :)
sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@PinkPixie: i definately think u shud watch nobuta..im the same as u, i usually go for the hopeless romantic storylines but nobuta was very refreshing and honest...and yamapi is totally halarious, so if not for the romance, i think u shud watch it for the light hearted comedy!
Fallen_Nzel thumbnail
he iz cute....i lyk himmmm