Travel

Canada Day! Come lets Celebrate!!

Virgo_Stars thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago

Hey friends,

Today is a day when a great country celebrates its independence, its existance and its survival. So lets get together and join the celebrations with Canada on...

Canada is the second largest country in the world and occupies most of Northern North America. Canada is a constitutional monarchy with deep roots and relations with its Allies. It has a long history of tolerance, peace and friendliness

Lets start the celebrations with the singing of the national anthem of the wondeful country.

Canada has been accepting immigrants with open arms since many years. According to the federal government, Canada has the highest per capita immigration rate in the world, driven by economic, family reunification, and humanitarian reasons. Canada experiences extreme cold weather in Winter especially the non-coastal regions and northern regions.

Recent survey by BBC placed Canada #3 in the best countries to live in. With excellent education and opportunities, great health-care and democracy, Canada offers all the rights and privileges to its citizens.

Here are some interesting facts about Canada!

The name Canada was first used by Jacques Cartier in 1535
    Canada has the ninth biggest economy of the world and is a developed country.  
    With only three people per square kilometer, Canada has the fourth lowest population density in the world.
    Canada is a developed country who had a chance to get nuclear bombs for its defence and it refused saying that it wanted to be a peaceful nation and not indulge into nuclear warfare.
  • The Maple Leaf was used in 1834 to represent the land and people of Canada.

Here are some questions for all of u to discuss!

What is the first thing that comes into ur mind when you hear the name 'Canada'?

How do you celebrate Canada Day? Fireworks?

What are some of the things you like about Canada?

For people who live in Canada: Were you born here?  If not, when did you come to Canada? and can you tell us one of the first memories you had when you first came to Canada?

And here is a little game for all of you to take part in and WIN!  All you have to do is tell us if the following statements are TRUE(right) or FALSE(wrong) and send it to us at crazycreative before July 5th!

1. The 2nd language of Canada is Hindi

2. Canada stretches from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean.

3. Canada is not next to United States

4. The national animal of Canada is a moose.

5. Canada's motto is "From sea to sea"

6. Canada has world's second largest coastline

7. The first prime minister was Sir John A. Macdonald.

8. The main highway system (completed in 1962) is called the Trans-Provincial Highway.

So send in your entries now guys to win a great prize! πŸ˜›

A special thanks to Meghavi for all her help in making this post.

Hope u all enjoy the discussions and contest and have lots of fun on the Canada Day!

πŸ₯³ Happy Canada Day everyone!! πŸ₯³

Edited by Virgo_Stars - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diyafah thumbnail
I wish everyone a very happy Canada Day..IF is filled with Indian Candians!!So guys,it's ur own day to celebrate!!I wud love to visit canada one's in my life!!
Oh Canada..Oh Canada!!ur simply the best country!!! πŸ˜ƒ
HayeSiyaapa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Happy canada days canadians 😳 😳
notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
w0wwwwwwwwww...happy canada day everyonee 😳 πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜›
sania_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

What is the first thing that comes into ur mind when you hear the name 'Canada'? Maple Cyrup, and Beavers.

How do you celebrate Canada Day? Fireworks? Go watch some fireworks.πŸ˜‰

What are some of the things you like about Canada? I like everything about Canada!

For people who live in Canada: Were you born here?  If not, when did you come to Canada? and can you tell us one of the first memories you had when you first came to Canada? No, I wasn't born here. I was 1 year old when I came here. No, I don't remember anything, but my mom told me when I was 3, I ate snow cuz I thought it was ice-cream.😳

Happy Canada Day everyone!😳

Edited by sania_12 - 16 years ago
Mrs.SalmanKhan thumbnail
[QUOTE=Virgo_Stars]

What is the first thing that comes into ur mind when you hear the name 'Canada'?
maple leaf😳

I head down to Bear Creek Park w/ my family

The multicultral-ness here! U can find every religional,every race, everything here

For people who live in Canada: Were you born here?  If not, when did you come to Canada? and can you tell us one of the first memories you had when you first came to Canada?

I was born here. Surrey Memorial Hospital WHUT! lol

[/quote]

Happy Canada Day Everyone!  Canadianz 4 lyfe πŸ˜†πŸ˜³

CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Happy Canada Day, will try to participate in the true/false trivia 😳
snowflake0555 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Happy Canada day! πŸ‘
OMG I must be blind. I thought it read "Candy Day!" at first lol πŸ˜†
nidhi2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
happy canada day to all πŸ‘ Edited by nidhi2013 - 16 years ago
-Krupa- thumbnail

HAPPY CANADA DAY EVERYONE
I used to live in Canada, & I loved living there soo much!

Multi-Cultural
I used to go to Wonderland aroung 10 at night & watch the fireworks there, or we'd go to Niagra Falls, or we'd go to Ontario Place/CNE & spend the day on rides, then go shopping then watch a movie at the cineplex around 8 & when the movie's about over, the fireworks start..tons of fun!

Some?..I like everything!

Well, I was born there & then moved to the US