DAN INTERVIEW-RICHARD AND JUDY SHOW

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 19 years ago
The Richard and Judy Show: Daniel Radcliffe

From The Richard and Judy Show (Channel 4 - UK), 27th May 2004.

Dolly Ross: I'm here with Daniel Radcliffe, who plays Harry Potter. How are you Daniel?

Daniel Radcliffe: Very well thank you.

Dolly: Before we chat, let's see a clip from what has to be the scariest Harry Potter ever.

(Scene of Dementors boarding the Hogwarts Express)

Dolly: Do you think that the Dementors are the scariest foes Harry has yet to meet?

Dan: I think probably, yeah, because I mean they're the thing he's most afraid of so, having faced Voldemort, for him to be scared of anything more than that is pretty big so I think, yeah, that's probably the scariest things in the film so far.

Dolly: Harry is now an angry teenager in the film. Did you tap into your own personal experiences for the role?

Dan: I think everyone goes through a bit of anger when they turn into a teenager so yeah, I suppose so, yeah.

Dolly: You were described this week by a US magazine as "totally crushworthy". Do you like being a heartthrob or are those screaming girls scary?

Dan: I've never really thought of myself, or see myself, that way at all so it's kind of weird to be thought of like that. It's not a bad thing at all, it's great, but it's just really surreal and strange.

Dolly: Tom Felton, who plays Draco Malfoy, has just bought himself a BMW even though he can't drive...

Dan (looks surprised): Really? Oh!

Dolly: ...Seeing as you are reportedly the second richest teenager in the UK, have you any plans to buy something equally as useless?

Dan (laughs): Um... a tiger? (jokingly) Maybe? I dunno! I don't really know. I mean, my money's in the bank, I don't really care about it that much. I know that sounds like a real cliche to say but honestly it's true. I spend money on CDs probably more than anything else.

Dolly: I'd go with a monkey!

Dan: A monkey? Yeah? I like monkeys but tigers kind of look cooler.