Travel

~!!Horror Travel Stories~!~

WillSmith456 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
You can land, but you can't stay

A couple booked their honeymoon to Rio de Janiero, a beautiful beach area in Brazil. They took the long flight from Milwaukee, excited at the prospect of topless beaches and lazy afternoons. When they arrived into Brazil they were not allowed through customs as they did not have Visas, required for entry into Brazil for US citizens. After flying over 12 hours they were forced back onto a flight home, lost the money for their honeymoon, and spent a fairly unhappy few days at a B & B near their house.

The Swinging Seventies

A couple decided to go cruise for their honeymoon. They went online and found the perfect date, itinerary and price. They noticed a theme to the cruise - The Swinging Seventies. They figured there would be some disco music and vintage outfits. When they embarked in Miami they found that The Swinging Seventies referred to the guests...they were the only young people on the cruise. They spent their week at sea dodging wheelchairs, walkers and canes and can only laugh about it years later.

Our summer isn't their summer

A couple went online to book their honeymoon in Buenos Aires, Argentina. They made all of the arrangements for their May trip and couldn't wait to walk along the wide boulevards, shop in the smart shops, have a latte in an outdoor caf. They even planned to spend a few days in Mar del Plata, at the beach. Unfortunately, they failed to realize, until they arrived in Argentina, that the seasons are opposite of those in the US and that May is the middle of winter. They could not sit outdoors, let alone go to the beach, had all the wrong clothes, and had a generally miserable honeymoon.

Who needs a TV on their honeymoon, anyway?

A couple booked an expensive honeymoon at the upscale Ladera Resort in St. Lucia for August. They did not read the fine print carefully and did not realize the rooms have no TVs, phone, or air conditioning. When they arrived they found the resort was beautiful and romantic but the groom was upset that there was no TV and they were both sweltering in the hotter-than-normal August heat.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

missy6892 thumbnail
Why are all these story's about honeymoons?? 😆 😆 😆. Lol, i know of a Horror travel story, its called Snakes in a Plane!!
Neetusxm thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
my horror story...true story

i was travelling from Paris to India and half way there we are informed that we have to go back to Paris.

Why?
One of the engines stopped working and they cudnt land it in india because their parts are in france and too much time to repair...

man ppl in the flight were so nervous hearing engine failure.

then it was announced that we are dumping fueel because to land they needed certain amount...so they asked us not to fear incase we saw that..i actually saw fuel being dumped...or atleast i think i saw...and then we reach back to Paris..

most hotels around the airport were booked...waited nearly half a night to get a hotel only to come back to airport in 6 hrs...

worst..no fones in the terminal to contact fam back in india..man were they terrified...

well this was my bad travel story

do share more..i mean real stories....im sure a lot of ppl have experienced worse than this...

neetu