Travel

Fav. Religious Spot?

datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
There are various types of travels, one of them being religious travel. I'm sure most of us are young(20's or younger) and don't go for tirth yatras er se, but I'm sure you all have been to quite alot of religious places for several reasons! Tell us-

Which is your fav. religious spot?

Why do you like it so much?

Memorable incident at that religious place?

Other info you'd like to share with us.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
1. Hemkund Sahed (Gurudwata)

2. I like it because you have trek for 2 days to recah there(pr take a pony and reach in a day!). You get to enjoy the spiritual angle as well as the adventure one(trekking, walking on glacier etc). Also you can take a dip in freezing water, where ice chunks float around you as you take a holy dip!Also the halwa they give is out of this world!

3.I and my dad trekked up, and since i was getting very tired, i was sitting and taking a breather. Then one old couple who were also trekking up told me beti hamare saath chalo, bhagwaan ka naam no aur thakaan nahi hogi, and surprisingly, it worked!! The people are very helpful and motivate you alot!

4. People who're returning from gurudwara give nuts(neede in high altitute) and water(from what they're left with)to those going up, which is very nice !
Howlarious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

I haven't been to many 😕 😆

Actually not sure if I been to any! 😳😆

Edited by Anisha7 - 16 years ago
minuu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
I havn't been in any all my life, but i wish i could go and check how it is 😳
cool_pooja thumbnail
Which is your fav. religious spot?
Jalalni

Why do you like it so much?

bec in when i meditate dere in the darga, i feel good all around me... 😳

Memorable incident at that religious place?
The feeling dat u get dere inside the darga.. 😳

Other info you'd like to share with us.
The peace i feel dere, it can not be defined. 😳
kal-el thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
my fav spot is faisal masjid in pakistan it is phenomenol,

but the ultimate place for me will be if inshallah i will be able to go to mecca for hajj
AashiQ_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I've been to Mathura!!!!

OMG I luved it there so much... all about Shri Krishna... really how they made the whole village where he lived.... it was sooo awesome and felt so good... 😳 😊
-Pinky- thumbnail
oh i have been to soo many religious places, more then anywhere else my parents like to go all kinda religious temples n stuff lol
i think naina devi in himachal & wut was it called...umm oh ya vaishnodevi in jammu kashmir are my favv!!the journery to vaishnodevi is SOO hard i swear i lost like 5 pounds walking up there lolz its in cave on the top of this huugeee mountain...cars don't go there so u have walk up the mountain for idk how many kilometers, n it was hard but fun also, cuz every now n then we'd stop at these cute little shops n it was freezing cold..some ppl used horses to go up there.. i wanted to but i was too scared lolzz i don't remember much cuz it was long time ago, but wut i do remember is that i cudnt get up the next day..cuz my feet were swollen lolz but ya it was quite an experience. naina devi is also kinda the same..i hav ebeen there like 100 times n i always enjoy it! its on the mountain too so u have to walk a lot..but it was much easier n funnerr (if thats even a word ) loll
-dramaholic- thumbnail
i dont mind what place it is 😊 most relious places are kool!
AashiQ_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Pinky-

oh i have been to soo many religious places, more then anywhere else my parents like to go all kinda religious temples n stuff lol
i think naina devi in himachal & wut was it called...umm oh ya vaishnodevi in jammu kashmir are my favv!!the journery to vaishnodevi is SOO hard i swear i lost like 5 pounds walking up there lolz its in cave on the top of this huugeee mountain...cars don't go there so u have walk up the mountain for idk how many kilometers, n it was hard but fun also, cuz every now n then we'd stop at these cute little shops n it was freezing cold..some ppl used horses to go up there.. i wanted to but i was too scared lolzz i don't remember much cuz it was long time ago, but wut i do remember is that i cudnt get up the next day..cuz my feet were swollen lolz but ya it was quite an experience. naina devi is also kinda the same..i hav ebeen there like 100 times n i always enjoy it! its on the mountain too so u have to walk a lot..but it was much easier n funnerr (if thats even a word ) loll

I wanna go to that Vaishnodevi shrine!!!!😊